Friday 8 July 2016

Penultimate Peach Orchard Blues: Friday, July 8th!

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within. -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, psychiatrist and author (8 Jul 1926-2004)


Thanks & goog for you Patrick.  Hello Ex-Spirit Ridgers, et al! Thank you for the best wishes on my coming ride, Sandra G!  To this end, weather permitting, I'm planning to ride to Summerland this morning, to scope out Peach Orchard one last time before event day. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, Send me a map or directions to your place if you could please. See you Monday, looking forward to it! While you were watching la Tour, I was watching Wimbledon. Some great matches... Agneta

Sir Patrizio and Lady Coriander. Lovely to hear from you and really glad you are taking part in a big cycle ride for charity. Lots of news and will phone you asap.Thanks for your e card.All well here in the main. Love Sir James and Lady Patrizia.

Hello Sir James and Lady Patrizzia! Trust you are both well We are off to Vancouver, with Jos and Aart, (again, from hiking group), this coming Thursday, for the Folk Fest, this weekend, to stay with Elaine and Ted Keating, both originally from Winnipeg. Back on Monday but off to Spirit Ridge, in Osoyoos, on Tuesday, for two nights, to stay with close friends, Flamin' and Sarge. It is Lady Dar's 69th on the 19th so we will celebrate it there. Not sure yet but I might cycle to Osoyoos as I'd dearly love to climb Anarchist Mountain, out of Osoyoos. Incredible climb that I've wanted to try ever since I've been riding in the GF. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both, Lady Patrizzia and Sir James. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick, Send me a map or directions to your place if you could please. See you Monday, looking forward to it! While you were watching la Tour, I was watching Wimbledon. Some great matches...Agneta

I asked Ryan to do it last night but he was not able to find the site to make the donation so it has not been done yet. Send me the site. I will need to be able to get your tickets for Popular Grove. We probably will just Drive back to Ossoyoos after the event so the other five can have the house. Wayne. I will bring your scotch with me to Penticton. 

Hello Great Gran Fondo Rider! Thanks for the card. It really cheered me up! I'm feeling a bit down in the mouth--literally, as I have a kind of toothache-thing still going on. It puts me in (an even more than usual) foul temper. But you cheered me up. And cheers to you on Sunday for the big ride. I know you'll do just great. It's supposed to be a decent riding day. Go, Patrizzio, go! P.S. What are your and your lady's after-ride plans on Sunday? Do you fancy a visit with us Naramatians chez nous? Cheers, Lynnie XOXO 

Hi Patricio, Nice to hear from you. I'm just on my way home from Vancouver, looking forward to two weeks of no travel. We'll have to get together and get caught up on all our adventures Cheers, Peter  Patrick, Could you please send me the donation link in an e-mail. I can't seem to copy it from the Jackie Lawson card. Peter


went climbing with Kelsey from 9-3 so biking not a go. See you next week and good luck again for Sunday. We're all hoping to mountain bike Sat - let me know if you want to go bye Gill

Hello Patrick, thanks for the latest. I have also seen your latest, requesting support for your GranFondo ride this weekend. I will go to your webpage and see what I can do to help. In the meantime, good luck and have a safe and profitable ride! Best, Patrizzia

Hello Dry Creek People! Trust everyone is well. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Hi Pat! Glad to be of service. I look forward to hearing all about the ride. We do feel badly that we couldn’t come by for your party back in May, but that weekend was filled with the in-laws. I hope it was a good event! I expect it would have been a lot of fun. We are in Rossland now and back and forth to the lake - the weather, as I’m sure you are experiencing, is mixed, and we have had enough of cold and rainy at the lake. So we’re enjoying cold and rainy in the house in Rossland.

I fear we may not be able to come by and visit this time around, but I would love to see you again. It has been a while. I’m glad you’re coming along with the ‘knowledge’ of the various wineries - soon you can be the Penticton version of a London cabbie. I look forward to hearing about the Gran Fondo I expect it should be a great time. Sub 3-hours, I hope? Talk soon. Take care. -Alastair.


Hi Flash! Trust everyone is well. Thank you, again, Jimmy, for your donation. Sorry you won't have time in your busy lives to visit. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and The Babes! Cheers, Patrizzio!

hi, all, if it works out I'm happy to have everyone over to my place -- food ordered in though. Friday looks most promising. For me, Sunday is least attractive as I'm heading up to my cabin the next day somewhat early (not 5am!) Lynn Friday night at Lynn's around 8 or 8:30 with take out would work for the Whitney's. P & C I what do you think?....P

Next Monday Aart has stepped up to the plate and will be leading us through the Kaleden Hills. Aart says, " the beautiful Kaleden SE Hills hike, the one starting at the end of Cypress Avenue in Kaleden close to Kaleden Elementary School. We can adjust the distance and hills climbing to the weather and how the group feels. Views galore there!" So we will again be meeting at Home Hardware in Penticton at 9am, and Summerlanders can carpool at the IGA parking lot at 8:40 am. Pam sorry to miss this one, I have another appointment.  have fun all,
Hanneke

With Marilyn and Big Al to arrive around noon today, I wanted to squeeze in my last training ride beforehand. This being the case, I left around 9:30 am and made for Vancouver Ave. I wanted to do the first loop of the GF route, from the start out of Penticton to Summerland and the first challenging climb up Peach Orchard. Wasn't as concerned about Peach Orchard as I was about the return along 97 as the wind was quite blowing strongly out of the south at between 16 kph - 18 kph or more. Didn't complain, of course, en route to Summerland but I started to pay the price once I was heading south on Victoria, out towards Bottleneck Drive. Battle continued all the way to Penticton, once I was back on 97 and try as I might I could not push my AVG to 21 kph. Bit annoying but I was pleased to have had little real difficulty with Peach Orchard so was hoping this would be the same on Sunday. Map and Stats for GranFondo Training ride 6:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1246943491#.V4AA6zAFS7o.email

Dear Patrick & Corinne, Wonderful to hear that your trip to Wpg. went well and of course dialogue on all of your many cycling adventures.

Well, for the last four or five months I have been working on my mom’s birthday party and have attached the invitation. After contacting, directors, instructors, conductors everyone will be performing and all quite excited.  I will MC the celebration too! Then there is the mailing of 150 invitations, catering and have decided that the hall will be a festive Christmas theme after all we Are having a turkey dinner.  Lots of red balloons too. White table cloths on round tables with red napkins.  Not to mention booking Of the flights for family members and hotel accommodations.  Other than that I am absolutely wiped and have to take a break.

This morning we walked the dogs to the beach, John is now in his tool shed working on his project, just finished painting a wrought iron Bench jet black with marine red boards. It looks oh so good!   I think I will start again doing my yoga on line and then some weeding this afternoon.
Made carrot soup yesterday with turkey broth, ginger, garlic, onions, spinach, potatoes, green beans, apple, cilantro and coconut milk, Yummy!! Topped with prawns. Tonight topped with salmon.

John and I are heading out next week maybe to Roche Harbor in the states.  It does not matter, de docking is magical. Have a glorious summer. Love, Jean & John

Hello Event Planner Jean and Tool Shed Man! The invitation for your Mom's 100th birthday looks simply wonderful! Congratulations indeed! You certainly deserve some time off! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Happy sailing! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment