Tuesday 26 July 2016

Pentâge Painted Rock Noble Ridge Blues: Tuesday, July 26th

The visit What happened? Hi Tinsel Town! Nothing really happened but Mark and Krissy never mentioned that they were planning to bring their dog, Porter, and when we were back we found two "doggie bags" on the front porch. Lady Dar knew that they had brought their pooch as Chloë had talked to them over the course of their stay but Nana refrained from telling me as she knew I would be upset that they had not mentioned it, especially when they decided to stay for two nights, [Coming on Thursday night as well.],  after they decided not to be here when Flamin' and Sarge, Nicole, Marvinator and Jaxon were to stay on Saturday evening. I simply thought leaving the dog droppings was a bit much, not even bothering to put them in the garbage can in lane but it now seems somebody else left them. Not a big deal but strange behaviour by whoever left them.

At any rate, as a simple matter of courtesy I feel the responsibility is yours, when you "invite" yourself and your friends to stay at the home of your friend's parent's home, to at least make sure you tell them what to expect beforehand. If Chloë had not said something to Mark I doubt that he would have sent along his message of apology and explanation. I know what they are like and accept it but it is not behaviour that tends to make me want to, as a matter of course, open our home to them.

Must away as we are off to the airport to collect Janet Tomkins. Paul and Joan Whitney arrived last night and Julia and Ross will be here, from Kaslo, for dinner/overnight, so Chloë please tell Mark/Krissy/Porter and Rhona/Lowrie that there is still enough room for them! Love and Cheers Dad/Patrizzio! 



It’s Jim, late again!!! Let’s go for a hike on Thursday, July 28th, to the Rock Oven Trail above Skaha Bluffs. -meet at 0800 at Home hardware north parking lot (0840 at IGA in Summerland) -carpool and make our way to the Skaha Bluffs parking lot -hike from Skaha Bluffs, heading south towards Heritage Hills. If there is agreement, we will return via the powerline trail, stopping to see the pictographs along the way. This is a lower elevation hike and the day may be sunny and hot. Bring lots of water! -return to Skaha Bluffs. -decide on a venue for refreshment and debriefing. Care to join us? Drop me a note at the above email address to let me know.
  Also, I will be leaving for much of August and possibly beyond. If anyone is willing to choose the hikes, communicate the information, and lead, please let me know. I will be most grateful! Cheers, Jim Hi again, My goof regarding Thursday…Summerlanders meet at 0740, not 0840 at IGA. I’m sure that was obvious to most, but I thought I’d best let you know for certain. Cheers, Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment