Thursday 14 July 2016

Arrivederci Sasha/Mika, Hello Hope-Princeton Blues: Thursday, July 14th!

Literature encourages tolerance - bigots and fanatics seldom have any use for the arts, because they're so preoccupied with their beliefs and actions that they can't see them also as possibilities. -Northrop Frye, writer and critic (14 Jul 1912-1991)


Up at just before 6:00 am as I've scads to do to get myself and house ready to leave this morning. AM enjoying my mug of java and watching Stage 12 of the Tour as I scribe. Will finish, today, at Mount Ventoux, so that will be wonderfully exciting. Whether I'll see this more than grueling climb this morning, or tonight in Vancouver, remains to be seen!

Elly Cornelius Well done Patrick! You must be really pleased with your ride..
It was a great read as well. Elly & Tony xx 🚵🚵🚵🚵🚵


Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Thanks, Elly! Have been in touch with the Brisbanites, of late, so pleased to hear from all of you. Flamin' and Sarge are staying at our place this coming Saturday, when we are in Vancouver for Folk Fest! Fab local wine, (Oliver, about forty minutes south of Penticton), last night at Theo's, a wonderful Greek restaurant, down the street, where our current house guests treated us to a wonderful meal. When can we epect to see you and Antonio in the Okanagan? Expecting a visit from close freinds in Melbourne in late August or early September. They have a place between Castelmaine and Bendigo and we are extremeley fond of the wine thereabouts!

Hi St Kilian! Great to see you on Sunday! Had a wonderful ride so was certainly very, very pleased at how things went. Sorry that it has taken me a bit to reply. Trust you are well. We are off, later this morning, with Jos and Aarturo, to Vancouver for the Folk Fest this weekend. When back, on Monday, we are off to Spirit Ridge on Tuesday, for two nights, to stay with friends, Flamin' and Sarge. There was some "back and forth" about timing of this visit so that is why I hadn't replied sooner about the KVR ride. Always seems that too, too many things are happening at the same time. Otherwise, I'd have been delighted to participate and drive back to Kelowna afterwards. If outing doesn't take place next week, keep me in mind for another time. If you do ride, have a grand time. Let me know, one way or another, when you have a minute. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks Patrick, half way through yr account of the Tour de France it came on tv - did you cause that crash next to the vino concession or was that me falling asleep? How about we come up to you on Monday 29 August, we'll return to Grammas on Thursday 01 September ? We do hope we can see L and P. I friended Clara, she looks terrific. Love. S+K

Patrick it seems to me you and Corinne were going to be in Vancouver for the Folk Festival. We are here and hopefully you will have time for a visit. Would love to hear from you. Dawn 

Patrick, we would love to see you tomorrow am. Here are our phone numbers are. I will text Corinne. Dawn

Hi Patrick and Corinne, I'm a friend / acquaintance of Elaine's and she mentioned that you're in Penticton and coming here for the Folk Fest. I'm selling 50-50 tickets Fri, Sat and Sun - 5 hours a day - and staying for the evening shows. My first time volunteering and I'm chuffed! You can txt me for a meet up at the FF. Maybe we can enjoy a beer in the garden. Happy to meet you and know some ppl before I make the move to Penticton! Lori Goldman



No comments:

Post a Comment