Tuesday 6 September 2016

Spiller Road Firewood Blues: Tuesday, September 6th!

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones. -John Cage, composer (5 Sep 1912-1992)


Hi Patrick, Thanks again for the detailed review of the hike. Reading your words I was feeling like being with the group out there. Excellent job of entertaining us and uplifting the hiking enthusiasm. On my part, I will be coming back to hikes as the hot summer days are over, and the best hiking time approaches now. One more kayaking trip for us next week, and the hiking season comes back.
 

On you side however you have the procedure coming, and yes it will ground you for a while, but you will be like new again very soon. And that is what I wish you very much. So indeed let's stay in touch, by all means keep me posted about your progress, and if you want to play bridge, and are looking for players I would gladly jump in. Regards. Mike

Hi Michaelo! Thanks for your kind and generous words regarding account of latest hike! Missed you but I know how busy you are. Also, thanks for best wishes on my upcoming surgery. All going well, I hope to be back home by September 16th and should be able to play bridge, (at our place, for a few weeks at least), on September 20th!

You will see that I've sent a message for tonight's game so will let everyone know as soon as I've heard back from people. Hope you can join us. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: First evening of bridge at Little Shuswap!


Hello Bridge Card Sharks! Trust everyone enjoyed the long-weekend. We were up in Little Shuswap with close friends and had a marvellous time. Back home yesterday after stopping at Myra Canyon to ride/walk KVR trestles there.

Lady Dar and I will be happy to host bridge this evening, anytime after 6:30 pm, if there are enough players. I know Jack Rabbit, Phillipo and Josinta are away, traveling the world, or parts closer to home, but for those of you not on the move, let us know if you are interested/available and we'll plan accordingly . Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge on the deck at Little Shuswap. Myra Canyon Trestles. 


Hi Patrick, I am unable to make bridge tonight. My daughter arrives today. She is driving from Toronto to Vancouver and is stopping here overnight for a quick visit. Have fun tonight and my best wishes for your surgery next week. Pam
Hi Pamela! Sorry you can't join us but certainly understand. Enjoy your visit with your daughter, brief though it will be. On the bridge front, without you we probably won't have enough players. Haven't heard from Michaelo so we may go to the cinema. Spumoni can't play as that is what she is doing. Thanks for best wishes on 14th. Cheers, Patrizzio! Great photo Patrick! I haven’t seen that movie but I did hear a review commenting that it was quite slow. Pamela

Hi Pamela! I would agree that the film unfolds at a very slow pace but that, to my mind, is one of its greatest strengths. Saw Spumoni and some of the other Flatlanders/Hikers there. Bit like being on one of hikes, "far from the madding crowd", atop a ridge overlooking Skaha with nothing but the sound of the wind in the pines! Loads to do around the house, for next few days, while I can still climb ladders and move boxes. Then off to Vancouver on Sunday to get ready for pre-ops and then surgery itself. All going well, I hope to be back home on Friday, September 16th then bridge on Tuesday, September 20th! Cheers for now, Patrizzio!


Hi Phillipo! Thanks again for all your hard work and effort. It was a very busy time here, with visitors form Australia, before we left for Little Shuswap for most of the long-weekend. Back yesterday to have another set of close friends, from Vancouver, for dinner, that evening. Today is the first day I've had to think! Chloë is here and has just gone for her daily walk so when she returns we'll head up to your place to pick up a load. Thank you for your generosity. I'm delighted to hear about the wood in shelter so I'll probably try and take as much as time and space allow. Will have to do it all this week as we are off to Vancouver on Sunday as I have a number of pre-op appointments before actual surgery on Wednesday, September 14th.

Sorry we were not able to connect before you and Gilliana took off. Travel safely and we'll keep in touch. We intend to spend Christmas in LA, all going well with my hip recovery, and then wend our way east, perhaps as far as Dallas and Florida, (yet to be determined), so if this trip transpires we may well pop by Sedona, if timing works for everyone, en route. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge Friday evening at Little Shuswap with Ruth and Rick. Myra Trestles. 


Hi Spumoni! Very impressed with your Chute Lake ride indeed! Not to mention your dinner at Chute Lake Lodge! I hope to do that section at some point but suppose it won't be until next Spring now.

Had another note from Tim.
Thought you might wish to share your experiences
with LYME'S DISEASE but I'll leave that up to you. On the bridge front, Pamela's daughter is arriving this evening so she is out. This being the case we probably won't have enough players. Haven't heard from Michaelo so we may well see you at the movie. Which showing are you planning to attend? Chloë and Lady Dar are interested in seeing The Light Between Oceans. Have you read the book? Thanks for best wishes on 14th. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Myra trestles!

Hi Patrick; I'm not starting a facebook group for hiking.... Will have to chat with Tim about Lyme disease. Thanks for passing that on. Yes, The Light Between Oceans is the movie we will be seeing tonight! Can't beat it at $6.50! No, I haven't read the book. I saw Corinne at the museum and she told me you were going. See you there! Pam

Hi Timothy! Thanks again for your websites on Samoa. Properties look simply fantastic. We live on Burns Street, near the corner of White, just down from Eckhardt. Perhaps you could come over to our place once I'm back home from my hip surgery. All going well, I hope to be back home by September 16th and should be able to "entertain" visitors shortly thereafter. At any rate, I'll be in touch as soon as I have a better idea of how I'm doing and we can plan something.

With respect to hiking, I don't do any of the messaging or organizing. I just enjoy sending out snaps and an account of the outings I've been on. Pam Krannitz has put you on the Monday notification list so you should be receiving those messages. Regarding Lyme Disease I think group would be most keen to know your story as everyone is very concerned about ticks, as you can well imagine.

I know exactly what you mean when you mention visitors!
Chat soon. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: On the way back from Little Shuswap we stopped to ride, (me)/walk, (Lady Dar and our youngest daughter, Chloë, up from Vancouver), Myra Trestles.


Pat, Great photos of the trestles. My son from Edmonton just rode the KVR thru to Penticton. Yes ...absolutely...lets keep in touch. I would really like to let our hiking community know about Samoa.....discuss when we get together after you op. Cheers, Tim
 
Thank you for the card and birthday spending money...I love Grandma Eleanor's necklace and as you can see, the chain length is perfect Love to all, Ayn Xoxo  
Hi Winston! My name is Duke and I'm writing to you, on behalf of myself and my younger sibling, Etta, to say that we are both pleased that your owner liked her presents. Unfortunately, for us, we won't be eating for some time as the money your mistress received was meant for our expensive Science Diet. But don't worry about us as we can survive on spiders and ants for the next little while! Both Etta and I are still trying to sign on to Catschasingpaper.com! For some reason Lady Dar won't let us use the mouse!!! Best wishes to you, Winston,  Ms Tinsel Town and Los Horridos. Cheers, Etta and Duke! Pics: Etta being good, as always; Me, trying to use computer!

Hi George and Jane, looking forward to seeing you on Monday nite. Just so we can start thinking about what we are going to do after Christmas can you give us a heads up about what you are thinking? Best Corinne 

Corinne, the travel plan is a work in progress as they say. So far the plan is to fly to Oaxaca in early January and hang there for a month or more. From there (likely from Mexico City) we will fly to New Zealand for at least a month. Following that to Japan via wherever for as long we can afford - then Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Portugal) which is wide open. The finale is Norway in June/July. Jane has a friend with a place in Bergen and a country place in Voss.
We have friends in all places but Oaxaca and the yet to be confirmed European destinations. We hope to cycle in all places, do some of the Camino, get to the Dolomites... We have big eyes as you can tell.
Look forward to seeing you at the Treehouse on Monday and talking with you about travel plans - hopefully including you both in the plans if you care to join us. Fond regards to all, G

Hello hip-less horatio, it would be great if we could meet in Vancouver when you're here, as well, we'll bring flowers to your bedside on the 14th (we'll try to sneak in some alcoholic beverage as well, but you might need something stronger for the pain, may I suggest cocaine?) let us know what is a good time for you pre-surgery, but I know I am free this coming Monday evening

Also, where in the Okanagan are you again? If you could provide us the address that would be great. We will likely spend one night in Oliver (or what do you recommend as far as a place that has lots of great scenery and wine in the Okanagan?) before moving on to our permanent wedding weekend location in Penticton. We will be driving up early morning on Friday Sep 16th and leaving late afternoon/evening on Monday Sep 19th

Those pictures look amazing, it's too bad we aren't able to get out while we're up there with you. Please say hi to Corinne as well, and warn her that the freeloaders are coming soon Take care and see you soon, VL

No comments:

Post a Comment