Tuesday 20 September 2016

Day 6, Post-Op Kaleden KVR Blues: Tuesday, September 20th!

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. -Upton Sinclair, novelist and reformer (20 Sep 1878-1968)


View from house we looked at in Kaleden this afternoon. Another of Lady Dar's "schemes"! No dice! Too big, too much maintenance, too isolated. No need!!! Dodged this one. More view properties coming. I need more Hydrophone! 

Hello Bridgerooos! I know many of the group are away but if anyone is interested and available, Lady Dar and I are happy to host bridge this evening, anytime after 6:30 pm. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly.

On another, related matter, I know some people find Tuesday evenings no to be the best night for bridge so we were wondering if there might be another day of the week that the majority would prefer. Obviously, with everyone's busy lives, we'll probably not find a time when everyone is free but we might improve participation at another time. Again, kick it around and perhaps we can settle on something that the group would prefer. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: This past Saturday night!


Hello my friend, First of all, judging from the picture and you eagerness to play bridge I am guessing you are well and recovering. Good for you, and wishing you speedy recovery!! As for the bridge, I would love to play, but unfortunately I have already made myself committed for the evening, so it has to be another time. Indeed, all Tuesday's have been busy for me lately, but I believe I should be able to participate sooner or later on either day the group decide on.
Regards Mike


Sorry Patrick, just picked up your e.mail.We have been busy entertaining our Norwegian friends who arrived yesterday. Have to miss bridge but talk to you soon.Glad you are up to play bridge already Keep going strong. Big hug, Jos
Hi Patrick, Thank you for offering to host. Bill and I are going to the Banff Mountain Film Festival Film so I won't make Bridge tonight. As far as an alternate night...Monday night is the Speakers Series at Okanagan College so I would prefer not to have Bridge that night. Is Tuesday night still cheap movie night? Ah...yes indeed...it could be difficult to find a night that works for everyone😊 I hope that your rehab is progressing apace. Pam Hi Patrick; I could make it tonight if it goes ahead......Glad you are feeling up to it! Pam Hey Patrick are we playing tonight? Pam

Was good to see you on Saturday even if for such a short time. Come back and stay for awhile. Patrick is doing well, getting really bossy so must be feeling more normal. Quiet here until my niece arrives on Friday for a few days before she heads to Vancouver and time with Chloe. Have a great visit with Audrey, Hugs Corinne

Hi Patrick, Hope all went well and you are back on your feet, if somewhat wobbly. Currently planning to come up to Okanagan Valley during our visit in November since Andre wants to meet up with a couple of friends who live in or near Kelowna. No dates set apart from Andre's return on the 4th. I know Wayne and Michele are going to Maui so we will probably miss them this trip. In due course, let us know when you are at home and we will build getting together within our schedule. Take care and look forward to seeing you back in the saddle soon. Much love to you both, Rosemary XXX

Hi Rosemary, good to hear from you. We will be home all of November. I'm planning to go to Vancouver for my book club at the end of the month. My niece arrives on Friday for a short visit part of which will be in Vancouver with Chloe. Otherwise months ahead look quiet. We are thinking of driving to LA for Christmas maybe Europe in the Spring. I will let Patrick tell you how he is doing.
Hugs Corinne



You are simply amazing Pat! What a recovery! I wouldnt be surprised if you were out running a marathon right now as I write this. So glad that everything went so well. I hope you are continuing to heal at a rapid pace. I have settled back into the routine of school and work and am finding myself pretty busy once again. Al plans to head up to the valley tomorrow to get some more work done on our place. I will remain behind with Clover and the boys to hold down the fort. He is heading to Anacortes this weekend for his annual boys motorcycle trip this weekend. Jesse and I went down to Pats Pub last night to hear my dad jamming and were delighted to hear some other very talented up and coming musicians as well. I was so inspired that I have decided to write my next poem for my creative writing class based on the performance. If I feel it is any good I may send to you you for your critique. Ok lots to do and no time to do it...gonna run. Great to hear from you! Give our love to your ever patient nursemaid Corinne and doting daughter Chloe. Lotsa Love Marilyn





No comments:

Post a Comment