Sunday 25 September 2016

Day 11, Post-Op First Real Walkabout Blues: Sunday, September 25th!

In the common words we use every day, souls of past races, the thoughts and feelings of individual men stand around us, not dead, but frozen into their attitudes like the courtiers in the garden of the Sleeping Beauty. -Owen Barfield, author (1898-1997) 


hi Patricio glad the op went well, hips are a "piece of cake"compared to knees according to my doc, but still you have to work hard at the physio to make a complete and speedy recovery. We are now on a eight day hiking holiday in the Eugenia hills outside of Venice . We spent three days in Venice and walked miles ( 25 miles in two days according to Fitbit ) and then took the train to vecenza to start this part of the Italian holiday. On day one we walked over 20 km over some very rugged terrain but beautiful scenery and perfect hiking weather to Este , a lovely old town with a majestic castle. Then we had a much needed rest day, but with Polly wanting to explore we still clocked over 12 km.
 

my knees have, so far, held up and I find if I am well lubricated with Italian wine , they improve remarkably quickly. when we finish here we are off to Barolo country for several days to visit Polly's niece. Then back to the uk and fly back to Canada on 9th October. if you need accommodation on any of your trips to van after we return we would do our best to improve on our last mediocre rating you gave us on tripadvisor. let us know ,ciao, mick

Hello Exhausto Folk! I'm worn out just hearing about your trekking but sounds more than fabulous! Polly is a pretty harsh hike mistress I must say! Thanks for your generous invitation to stay when in town but we will be back at Harbour Terrace for VWF. However, we hope we can pop by, at some point, over that week, (October 17th-23rd), to inspect deficiencies that we trust have been rectified since our last evaluation! If everything is up to snuff we might well consider a "trial" stay in early November, around 3rd/4th, when back to see Clive for my 6 week follow-up. Let us know and we'll advise TripAdvisor!!!
We'll, trekker folk, must away to do my next round of exercises. Fondestos to you both from Lady Dar, Chloë, Etta and Duke. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Corinne and Patrick, I will let you know more details of the plans for our visit to BC once they are made! Andre has a ticket home for Friday 4th November and I will probably follow him around a week later. Today we have a couple from North Van arriving for a couple of days and then another from Burnaby arriving on Wednesday until next weekend. Once they have passed thru I will force Andre to sit down and we can discuss and agree our proposed schedule for the November visit.

Patrick - Hope you are recovering well. Any book recommendations gratefully received from either of you. Hoping to start reading seriously again soon. My next hospital appointment is on Monday 24th October and the very next day I have booked to see my optometrist to sort out my changed lens requirements. Take care. Much love to you both, Rosemary XXX


Hi Rosemary! You sound as busy with visitors as we have been ever since I returned from hospital! Buona Fortuna with your coming hospital and optometrist appointments. Not sure how long we will be staying In Vancouver in early November so may not cross paths with Andre on this visit. Of course, we'd love to have you here when you visit the Okanagan. Let us know when you know your plans.


The Sisterhood left an hour or so ago to go for a walk on the KVR, starting just past Hillside Winery, above Naramata Road. Then they plan to take a look at a view property for sale, in the neighbourhood! Lady Dar has this bee in her bonnet in spite of how comfortable I find our little bungalow to be! Nevertheless, I'm open as long as price, location, on-going maintenance of house, etc., and the like meet some fairly stringent requirements!

We'll, my Darling, time for me to to do my next round of exercises. Fondestos to you, Rosemary, and Andre, from Lady Dar, Chloë, Etta and Duke. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi again, Rosemary! Pre/Post-op life! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hello Fascinator Fans everywhere! looked like fun Patti Hi Patti: It was! After The Sisterhood returned from their walk on the KVR and taking a look at the view property in Naramata, they have been having a bite to eat, in the sunshine, on patio and herding cats. Duke and Etta are now off-leash and need constant minding! Especially Etta as Duke seems a bit less adventurous at the moment, content to stay close to us while his sister explores along both sides of house! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pam wants pictures more than anything,her E mail address is as printed. Clara When was the Art Gallery event? Darling Rosita! You, of all people, should know that you have to eat your vegetables before you are entitled to dessert! Detailed messages must be read in entirety before opening any images attached!!! All That Jazz was last evening, Patrizzia! So I have to sign in to Flickr to see the commentary?  Hi again, Patrizzia! If you move the cursor over bottom of each snap, text should appear. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Just came back for a walk. Went down our street to corner of Government where Guillermo lives. He wasn't in so I turned around and walked up to Eckhardt and then back to our place. Just using my cane, (actually, Ellen's!), and felt more than fine. Plan to walk to Mark the Barber on Main tomorrow to make an appointment and then to drugstore to cash in my winning lotto tickets! I plan on buying Lady Dar the view property in Naramata as her snores last night were deafening!

Felines were sunning when I left and were still there when I returned. Duke is completely off-leash while Miss Etta can't be trusted yet. I think they are becoming pretty acclimatized to our lot so won't be long before we won't have to worry about them getting lost. Must away as I'm needed to do dishes. Chloë is making chocolate pumpkin brownies so she's using every utensil and pot that we own! Rebekah is supervising but not sure about quality control as she's on her second or third Palm Bay Grapefruit & Vodka!
Lady Dar is reading in our bedroom and drinking right out of a bottle of Upper Bench Riesling, with a straw. She seems to take all the best parts of being an invalid and incorporate them into her life, to make it all the more comfortable and easier than it already is!!! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Felines sunning themselves and sunflower I spotted on walk.

No one is ever again allowed to speak about how many pictures I post of Winston...I have at least 500 pics of the new Penticton kittens!!Ms Tinsel Town! Cat People are crazy, don't you know!!! Cheers, Patrizzio, President of Citizens to Repatriate Felines Back To The SPCA!
 

Patricio: Glad to read that all went well, and that you are moving around and getting back to your usual self!!!!!! Never an easy thing to get over. We did the KVR from Midway to Penticton. It was a great ride. Beautiful weather and the scenery great. The ride in itself was easy as there is not a great climb. The places we stayed at were good. Good food, clean and warm. Chute Lake, the lady is priceless!!!! If you ever want to do the ride, count me in. I would love to do it again!!! I see by the pictures that Matt was visiting you. I hope to see him this coming weekend for a bite to eat with wives. I wonder if he has been able to move into his new condo!!!! He will miss his life as a gypsies!! Take care, and look forward to your emails…..Cheers Ben

Hi All Please don't say anything to Norbert about the painting that I purchased last night. I'm going to save it for Christmas as a gift to us from 'Santa'. Thanks for keeping my little secret! Sandy (Santa's little helper) Hi Sandy! A case of Bench 1775 Sauvignon Blanc, delivered to Burns Street, and your secret is safe with me! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks for sharing the photos! Sandy You're not cheap, Patrizzio lol! Sandy Hi Sandy! I didn't post snap of your painting. Won't happen if I receive SB. I know you can afford it with all the high paying gigs you are doing. Be happy that Lady Dar isn't blackmailing you. She wanted two cases! Cheers, Patrizzio! Be kind to a poor musician lol Hi again Sandy! Quit whining! Anyone who can afford to buy an original art work is rollin' in dough! I'm upping the ante to two cases of SB! Cheers, The Blackmailer of Burns Street! Sorry spent all my money on art! How about a song dedicated to you next time I sing!! Priceless!!! Deal! Don't worry, I'll hold you to it!

Hi Santiago! Delighted to hear that the ride went so well! I'd love to do what you did so I'll definitely keep you posted when it looks like it could happen. If you did hook up with Glasgow, you'll have heard that they are still gypsies but gather that should end shortly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Kitchen chaos!

Pat, Sounds as though the recovery process is going well for you. The medication can be a problem. At least they don't seem to be giving out Oxycontin any more. Make sure you give yourself adequate time before you start slogging away on the bike again. I think Sylvia has tickets for some of the Writers' Festival events this year also but mot sure which writers. Ray
Greetings Patrick and Corinne, My name is Leanne and I am the Operations Manager at the Writers Festival. I hear that you two have been our Extraordinary Bar Volunteers in the past and that Corinne, you will be again this year. I am trying to wrap my head around the set up and running details for the concessions at our events and would love any details you can provide from your first hand experience. Set up, where to find supplies, cash out and deposit procedures. The general running of things. I would appreciate anything you would like to share. Thanks and see you both at the festival!

Hi Leanne! I think you should talk to Cathy Abrossimoff as we did a fairly thorough de-briefing with her, both before and after last year's Festival, if memory serves me well. As far as I know, she compiled a manual for "where to find supplies, cash out and deposit procedures. The general running of things." In any event, pretty straightforward but there are always seems to be last minute refinements and/or needs which inevitably surface, [Such is festival life!], but Lady Dar is well able to handle these situations should they arise: size and number of wine glasses, containers for ice, etc., and the like, per esempio. Key is to be at venue in good time, before shifts start, to make sure that all is well. If not then time enough to set things straight. Let us know if you still need more information. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Will the Barkeep for Studio 1398 please standup! Thanks so much Patrick! What a great shot as well. Have a great Sunday afternoon. Hi again, Leanne! Don't work so hard! Take a page from The Book of Life in The South Okanagan as lived in the sunshine of our back patio! Cheers, Patrizzio!

I trust that Patrick and Corinne will rise to this request of yours, Leanne. They may well have done so already! Wanted to let you know that Melanie Clark, a valued and long-time F&B/Author Hospitality volunteer, has volunteered to be the lead vol for the REVUE STAGE Bar (which we’re setting up for the first time this year.) Not sure exactly how many shifts she will take on (I’m hoping lots!) but she’d be the natural point person when it comes to organizing set-up, running details etc. She ‘shadowed’ Patrick and Corinne last year at the 1398 bar and so has a pretty good idea of how they had organized and run things.

Sounds like this manual should be made available as well to Melanie Clark for the Revue Stage bar. Also Cathy Abrossimoff won’t be on staff this year. Hired in her place is Gail Fleming (experienced F&B vol) K.

No comments:

Post a Comment