Wednesday 28 September 2016

Day 14, Post-Op William the Conqueror 1066 Blues: September 28th!

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. -Georges Clemenceau, statesman (28 Sep 1841-1929)


Hi Patrice, just catching up on last couple emails and sorry to not have gotten back sooner. I'm glad you are well on the mend and being well taken care of by the sisterhood and others. I continue to work on the new place solo as everyone seems to have their own stuff to look after before the crappy weather comes. I work well by myself as having to explain what i want and get it done right seems to be chore, having said that I have a massive amount of stuff to do so have my work cut out for me!. Hopefully I will get some help eventually and for now am going to concentrate on the exterior stuff as obviously I can work indoors in any climate.
 

I wound up not going to Anacortes as I had issues with my motorcycle a casualty of years of long terms of storage and old gas gumming up the carburetors so running like crap. I didn't have time to deal with it so had to take a pass. Just as well as, as much as I like the camaraderie of the bike crowd and have not seen mot of them since last year this time or Sturgis from August of last year. It turns out they were not able to get a house and instead had to get rooms in the scuzziest motel at exorbitant rates in Anacortes..on top of that the weather was disgusting on the Friday when they went down and one of the guys wiped out on his bike and totaled it as well as broke his collar bone. obviously wasn't meant to be and I'm glad i took a pass!.I asked Ivan (Jake's soccer coach of many years) what had happened and he sent me a brief message saying that the guys needs to pend more time in the saddle and is seriously A.D.D. so I guess he wasn't paying attention . I will get more details when i see him in person.
 

I must head off to the work pit so will sign off but will keep in touch. Take care for now and love to the clan. Cheers, Al

Hi Work Pit Man! I'm sorry that your weekend didn't work out but from the sound of things it may well have turned out for the better, as far as weather and your workload were concerned. I certainly sympathize with chap and his accidento, (whether it was self-induced or not), having just had a much less serious fall. Just glad you are in one piece and able to work on your new cabin.  

On the rehab front, had a bit of a minor scare this afternoon. I was just preparing a bit of lunch when I noticed a large bump on my thigh. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was blood clot and I was going to die before I could get to the malt cabinet! Phoned my doctor and I was told to come in right away. Fortunately, he thinks it is simply a result of a bit of bleeding into the thigh muscle as a result of having staples removed yesterday. Makes sense as blood clots one has to be concerned about are those in a vein. At any rate, he suggested I take it easy for next few days so I guess that means that Lady Dar will have to open wine bottles now! 

At the moment, I am lying down, in bed, Duke under the covers, keeping me warm! [Earlier, in my office, Duke was sleeping beside me, making it difficult to use the mouse. Clover would never be so "pushy", I'm sure!] He loves to be close, wherever one happens to be. Etta, on the other hand, is far more independent. She is napping in the garage in the small padded basket Lady Dar bought from the SPCA when we adopted them. When Duke is there, he sleeps on top of a large pile of boxes full of books we've yet to unpack.

Lady Dar went to a fund-raiser for Grandmothers for Africa, at the Shatford Centre, a couple of blocks away, after bringing me home. She has been painting the fence between us and new duplex over last two days. The section that collapsed, as a direct result of the crushed rock forced against it by landscape contractor, has finally been fixed but other sections still seem compromised. Gather we will have to negotiate with new owners on how to proceed next! Always something. Guess you shouldn't have replaced fuse on air-conditioning unit! Fondestos to you and Marilyn. Cheers, Patrizzio!

I'm surprised you split so much; that's blister-forming hard work. Just so you know, based on the pics, you've taken some of the newly felled logs ie they haven't sat for a season... so will hold a bunch of sap & likely smoke and spark quite a bit on the fire. Can't remember if you have an open fireplace or a wood burning stove. Hope you enjoy the spirit of 'wood-warmth' for many evenings during the coming cold season. Staying warm by a wood fire seems to invoke something primordial in humans! See you down this way whenever you get here - but not a good idea if you arrive when we're gone camping in Phoenix & Tuscon! Cheers. Phil

Hello Sedona Sun-Worshipers!!  Thanks for note on newly felled wood. I assumed this to be the case and was planning to burn the wood that I managed to scrounge from lot next door, two summers ago now. I has been drying since then so will use it first. Depending on temperatures this winter, should last for most of burning season. Splitting was the easiest part of "stealing" your wood. I'd appreciate an electric-assist wheelbarrow next time!!! Nevertheless, thanks again for your generosity! Gather, from Josinta and Spumoni, that Yosemite was magical, Jack Rabbit! So pleased all worked out well. Fondestos from Lady Dar, doing the Downward Stretching Cat at yoga as I scribe. [Duke is sleeping beside me, making it difficult to use the mouse. Nala would never be so "pushy", I'm sure!] Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Duke in repose. At least he's not galloping around the house so I suppose I should be grateful!

Next Monday we are going to go up Mt. McLellan which is near St. Andrew's Golf course, but on the other side of White Lake Rd. Aart and Pam are the leaders...So once more we will meet at Home Hardware in Penticton at 9 am and Summerlanders can carpool at 8:40am from the IGA parking lot. Pam

Pre-Selection of Photos of Wedding Bodil & Vince, Aug20th/2016 Hello Corinne and Patrick, Thanks for hosting bridge last night, and the pumpkin dessert inspired me today to look through my recipes.I didn't realize Thanksgiving is around the corner. A few pictures of the wedding, to give you an idea how much we enjoyed the day and the venue. Are we still going to Orofino togeteher soon? Fond memories still linger. Patrick mentioned it to Aart, but we forgot the date and time. Please let us know, and we will pick you up and drive. Cheers, Jos

Hi Josinta and Spumoni! Lovely, lovely time last night so thanks for coming even though I wasn't a particularly gracious host, managing to win top score! Still, you came away with more than fabulous prizes so were quite content, in the end, I trust! Thanks for the delish cuke, Spumoni. We enjoyed half of it in tonight's salad. Also, thanks for the Portuguese, Jos! Tasty indeed. Furthermore, really enjoyed the wedding photos. What a grand event! Bravo!!!

Speaking of wine, yes, Orofino is still on for Saturday, October 8th. Event starts at 1:00 pm. It is a vertical wine-tasting, with nibbles afterwards, so I had suggested to Aarturo that we might have a picnic, somewhere, en route, beforehand, weather permitting, as I think we should have reasonably full stomachs before we start drinking! Or else have a bite at our place if a picnic isn't possible. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly.
Fondestos to you both from Lady Dar, catching up on watching her amore, Victor, in The Young and The Useless. She claims she's been too, too busy being nursemaid to keep abreast of all the earth-shattering developments in Genoa City!!! Apparently Victor will run in the 2020 US Election! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, Great pics. Thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜Š haven't reached my destination yet. Missed my flight from Kelowna to Toronto. I was 8 minutes late checking my bag in at the Kelowna airport. I was re-routed and I now arrive in Halifax at midnight rather than 9 pm. Moral of the story is travel with carry on only. I hope you continue on the road to rapid recovery. See you in a couple of weeks


Hi Re-Routed Traveler!What a complete drag that you missed your flight! Might as well have played bridge last night for all the good packing did you. On the bright side, you can have a lobster omelette for breakfast now! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Maggie Carr to Patrick James Dunn Eager to hear about ur hip! Mine should happen next year hopefully.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Hi Maggie! Buona Fortuna with your coming hip replacement. You'll be sorry you asked to hear about my post-op life but here is an account, more or less, to date! Fondestos to you and Frank from Lady Dar! Cheers, Patrizzio!  

David Kessler If you sent word of the surgery, it must have gone by me-sorry! And sorry that it is necessary but hope that you emerge renewed and ready for your traditional trouble!! Hi Cactus! No, I hadn't sent along notice. Fondestos to you and Donna Florida from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Brenda McMorland Staples all removed successfully? We have been enjoying touring around with our PEI friends. They were staying thanks to a house exchange with a couple in Vernon. They are going to try it with an exchange with Ireland next year. Hi Brenda Louise! Pleased to hear you are enjoying a grand visit with friends from PEI. Did we stay at their place in 2007? Tuesday morning Lady Dar took me to have my staples removed. All fine with incision. Fondestos to you and Single Malt Wally from Lady Dar. All the best to Picasso from Etta and Duke! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrizzio,
I hope the "staples plan” is resolved before my next bridge night … I know about the snowies, I may have a solution, or I may bus it, arrive tool-less and just pester you for a few days. In any case, it’s very much up in the air now. My Dad’s Alzheimer’s is pretty bad now, due to a bout of pneumonia in the hospital. He is all over the place. From affable, to Attila the Hun. Had a bit of "Alzheimer’s Rage” this aft. Made me late for the Whitecaps game. ttys(sigh)//bjp Hi Ragin'! Sorry to hear about your Dad! I don't envy you your situation under the circumstances! Come if you can, one way or another. I called VWF today and told them I wouldn't be volunteering this year so I'll be here all October. Decided I'd focus on my rehab. Fondestos to you, Ragin', from Lady Dar. All the best , my friend. Cheers, Il Conduttore! 














No comments:

Post a Comment