Sunday 11 September 2016

Crawl Space Shut-off Valve Blues: Sunday, September 11th!

Earth laughs in flowers. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)


Hi Trevorino and Teens!! Thank you for the best wishes with regard to my upcoming surgery! Much appreciated, especially since you are currently dealing with such significant and most difficult health issues with your Dad, Trevor, and Tina's Mom. We both understand, first with Annie, and now with Dusty, that it is both emotionally and physically draining to watch and care for a deteriorating parent, whether mentally or physically or suffering a combination of the two. At any rate, our hearts go out to you.


You are one of the people I can count on two or three fingers, Trevor, who seem to follow my blog! Makes it all worthwhile! While I won't be hiking or hewing wood for next three months, I'll keep you posted on my stationary bike activity, on the very spiffy model our friends, Josinta and Aarturo, form Summerland, have lent me for the duration on my recovery period. Once ready to start pedaling I'll be commenting on the Netflix programs I'll be watching rather than the countryside hereabouts, so stayed tuned!!!

A few last things to do around the house and a bit of packing before we plan to leave for Vancouver, close to noon. Hope to arrive around 4:30 pm
as we will be staying with Stanchion Man and Marilyn in Burnaby for dinner and the night. Lady Dar is preparing a potatoe dish for meal. Will be a pretty full social schedule, never mind my pre-op appointments, as we are having dinner with Whirlygig and Calamity Jane on Monday evening and then with Flamin' and Sarge on Tuesday evening. Also hope to see Kathleen and Stefano, friends from Melbourne, [They visited us a week or so ago.], who will still be in Vancouver until the day of my operation. Chloë will be staying to take care of Etta and Duke, our new kittens. Any recipes for feline, Thermomix Teens?
 

Must away as I've still scads of things to do before we hit the Hope-Princeton.   Fondestos from Chloë and Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Calamity and Whirlygig! Sorry it has taken me so long to say hello. Too, too busy muling firewood for the winter while I can! Thanks, of course for lovely dinner invitation. Look forward to discussing travel plans then. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Digitale and Fingare! Trust you are both well. Sorry to have taken so long to reply to your last message, Marilyn. [I gather you will be in Pennsylvania by now!] At any rate, thank you so much for all the suggestions. Much appreciated. I will forward them to our friends. At least I won't be falling off my bike for next three months anyway as I'm having my left hip replaced this coming Wednesday.  Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pamela! Trust you are well. Sorry to have taken so long to send along information friend from Portland passed along. Fondestos from Chloë and Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, Thank you for all this info. Very kind of you to go to the trouble. Again, all the best on the 14th. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Pam

Hi Big Bad Al! Thanks again for lovely evening on Friday and wonderful plum delivery on Saturday! Cheers, Patrizzio!

[Sleeping kitten] 

Hi Pam, All, Spoke to Tony, he is looking after his wife (emergency) and will not be able to lead the hike on Monday. I have to go to Vancouver and will not be here in Penticton on Monday.

Therefore place and location is open to lead !.........All the Best, I wish I was here but duty calls. Ed
* 

No comments:

Post a Comment