Sunday 4 September 2016

Ayn Lenore's Birthday Blues: Sunday, September 4th!

Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong? -Jane Austen 


Wayne Sutherland When are you coming in for your operation and what are your plans.
Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn
Greetings from Little Shuswap! Drove up this past Friday to spend until Monday morning when we will drive to Kelowna to meet Chloë at the Myra Canyon Trestles. I'll ride and The Sisterhood will probably walk. We are coming to Vancouver next Sunday to have dinner and stay overnight with Coleen and Big Al. I have a couple of pre-op appointments on Monday and Tuesday and then the operation itself on Wednesday. If you have space and tolerance for Lady Dar, we'd love to stay for two nights, Cora Lee for at least Wednesday, perhaps Thursday, as I hope to be discharged and back home by Friday, all going well. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Regards from the Bridge Fiends to everyone at Madroña Manor! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Wayne Sutherland We have a Swiss border for three weeks and Bradley is still staying with us. We are also going to Osoyoos that Thursday night so she could stay that night but we will not be home.

Plans for Monday: Hi, Hope your having a nice time, we are cozy over here, I'm currently being suckled by Duke he woke me at 6 and I never got back to sleep. I'm going to need a rest when I leave here!!!! So what's the plan for tomorrow? What time are we meeting? Noon? And at the top or would you rather meet somewhere easier? Maybe call me tonight? That might be easier. I'll call

Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1339172911#.V8zRMpukTho.email

Thank you for my lovely e-card...since there was a hedgehog playing croquet in the video I would have to assume that chocolate hedgehogs must be arriving shortly Lol!! Love to all xoxo!! 
Hi Patrick! Sounds like the perfect weekend, despite the showers! I even went for a bike ride yesterday. Katy from church and I went up to Chute Lake and biked down to her place in Penticton! I've been wanting to do that for years. My kind of a bike ride, mostly downhill.Perfect weather, too. Cool in the morning, sunshine later on, not too hot. We even took in the historical features such as the rock ovens and the Adra tunnel. They have opened up the top side opening of the tunnel and it's accessible to visiting now. Such a treat! There is even a skylight in the depths of the tunnel so it's OK without a flashlight. 

We got to Penticton around 2pm (went much more slowly than you would have gone), and had stuff to do so didn't get around to retrieving Katy's vehicle from Chute Lake till dinner time. Perfect for having supper at the Chute Lake lodge where we both had burgers (that's pretty much it for their menu!). It was a delicious burger, though. I recommend it. Same with the cinnamon bun that I had for desert. Katy had the apple pie. Both home baked up at Chute Lake. If you haven't been there, it's something for you to add to your fun destinations. Have fun at Myra Canyon! Just 50km up from Chute Lake. I did the trestle bridges some years ago.... Time to return!

No worries, I'll add Tim to the Monday list. And looks like I'm going to a movie this Tuesday so can't make it to bridge if that was going to happen....So maybe we'll see you at the hike tomorrow.. If not enjoy the rest of your weekend and all the best for the 14th. Pam
Hi, In case you don't manage to make it here before we leave, to collect the 2 barrows of wood I stacked by the roadside, I just wanted to say feel free to also help yourself to any of the wood in the shelter (keeps it dry!) down the bank to the North of our house. You'll see the wheelbarrow in the entrance. Cheers for now. Phil

Hi Pat, Thanks so much for the quick response. Also I appreciate receiving your email notifications and reports on the ongoing hikes. Will anyone be taking over when you are out of action? I do try to get away on the Monday hikes however we have had so many visitors again this year.......what is it about the Okanagan??? Here it is 3:00am now, obviously I am wide awake .....some of us old farts inhabit the night time!!

Yes we actively utilize our properties in Samoa. We list our 2 homes under Samoan Highland Hideaway on Homeaway, TripAdvisor and Airbnb. Currently we are at 46% occupancy. How would you like to discuss more about Samoa - email, phone or get together for a coffee. I live at 19 Kingfisher Drive Penticton, in Red Wing. Where are you? We are launching "Tropical Adventure in Samoa" very soon as well as an addition to our vacation home business. Cheers, Tim
Pat, While I think of it please check out our Facebook page Samoan Highland Retreat. In association with the adventure theme I am telling my story about LYME'S DISEASE. Not sure how familiar our local hiking buddies are with it. I contracted it 4 years ago and I would like to get my story out there in an endeavour to help others. Cheers, Tim

Hey Pat Sr. aka Captain Morgan of the Okanagan aka the wiser mizer, first of all, why would you need surgery on your hips when you have no hips? Half jokes aside, are you ok? I/we didn't know that you were in such dire straits. Is this a simple old-age/the-end-is-near hip replacement or were you hurt (while in a scotch stupor, I assume)? Hope it goes well though and, of course, you are in our thoughts.
Hopefully you will be all good by the time we come as we are thirsty fellows and the only thing that will quench our thirst is fine malt from the Islay Inn (or whatever your establishment is called now). Either way, we hope we can meet up somehow during our time there, we will be in your neck of the woods from Sep 16-19. It would be great to see you and Corinne, as well as your new place. Patrick Jr misses you of course, as he has a fetish for old men with beards. It's too bad we won't be able to go for a hike/bike ride, but we're up there for a wedding anyways, so we should probably avoid any activities where we could also potentially require hip replacements (knock on wood).

Jessica will be with us too in the Okanagan. Since I have your attention, is there any liquor you would like for us to bring up that you might not be able to get there? More aquavit from long table? Or your favorite, "porch climber" from the corner liquor store? Take care, VL Will your operation be at UBC hospital here in Vancouver Patrick? VL


Tummler, look forward to seeing you both on Monday. We will suggest dinner at Jane's Treehouse with drinks at 5:PM -- if that works for you. Fond regards to all, G&J from the Morita Palace

Hi . . . Happy labor Day USA (tomorrow) We're having a family get-together at my sister's house this afternoon. Regarding your inquiry: I have always found the best way to find economical motel prices is through one of the travel websites: Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.

When we have had family weddings, out-of-town guests have used the Embassy Suites, the Marriot chain hotels, and expensive places like the Weston, etc. They enjoyed being on the MAX line (which can take you to the rose garden, etc and around downtown. But if your friends have a car, I suggest they include the Columbia River Gorge in their tourist travels. Check the web. Also there's lots of info on-line about wine country. . . just google it. Best if done during the week. It's gotten really traffic laden on the weekends. Mt. St. Helens National Monument is only an hour or so north of Portland, and very much worth a visit, particularly if they are driving south and can stop en route. Several hours of wonderful displays, documentary films, and trails if they are into hiking.

I am leaving next week for 5 days in Pennsylvania exploring my roots . . Mike will be home. Look forward to seeing you in a few months. Patrick, stop falling off your bike! We aren't getting any younger you know. Marilyn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment