Saturday 24 September 2016

Day 10, Post-Op Music and Art and All That Jazz.Blues: Saturday, September 24th!

Nothing contributes so much to tranquilizing the mind as a steady purpose - a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye. -Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, author (1797-1851)


Hello Sedona and Yosemite! Thanks for your best wishes, Phillipo! Must apologize for not replying sooner but time seems simply to have evaporated. Trust Yosemite Samantha has returned safely. While I'm not doing cartwheels yet, I must say that I am very pleased with recovery process and we will be heading back into Vancouver in a little over three weeks or so. First time will be in mid-October to volunteer for the VWF and then in early November for my 6 week follow-up appointment with my hip surgeon, Clive Duncan, on November 3rd.  We'll know our precise travel schedule once things settle down a bit here, with my recovery process, etc., so we may well be knocking on your door in Sedona, at some point!

We'll Kids, time to to do my next round of exercises. Daily bed and standing exercises are going extremely well, I'm very pleased to report. Fondestos to you both, from Lady Dar, Chloƫ, Etta and Duke. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Spiller Road Woodlot People! Trust I didn't take away too, too much firewood! [Worked from Monday to Friday, week before we went into Vancouver for my surgery! Now or Never!] Much appreciated, indeed so thanks for offer, even if you didn't expect amount I removed. You might wish to re-think future offers as I am a Firewood Freeloader! Cheers, Patrizzio "Paul Bunyan" and his Wheelbarrow "Babe, The Blue Ox"! hope all goes well and good to hear you are going well in recovery and operation was good. Have fun both of you and talk again hugs from Gill

Hello Lads and Lassies! Thanks so much for the visits, Ragin' and Raymondo and fab accommodation, Bayswater B&B! Great to see everyone! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Kids! Pre/Post-op life! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi again, Central Heating Lower Mainlanders! [Not sure if this message was posted so apologize if already sent!] Almost glad that I can't do any firewood related activities for next three months! Album records my wood pilfering in the week before we came down to Vancouver for surgery. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Teens and Trevorino! [Hi again, Oz! Hi again, Adelaide!] Congratulations on your latest activity, Teens. Not sure how much you may know about post-op life but thought I'd send along latest compilation.  Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi again, Mama T! No, drug was Indomethacin, (Teva), 25mg, which may well have been replaced by Heparin as I also had to inject myself with it, I believe, when I had my right hip replaced back in 2010. Since we tickets for a fund raiser at the Art Gallery, I will know for sure if headaches were caused by Indomethacin or a hangover tomorrow morning! Cheers, Patrizzio!

We piled into the car around 5:30 pm and Chloƫ drove us down Ellis to drop me off close to the entrance. Absolutely lovely affair with all sorts of wonderful food from local caterers and terrific wine from Lunesscence Winery in Summerland. A jazz group made up of musicians from the Okanagan Symphony Orchestra. [Event was to raise funds for both the OSO and the Penticton Art Gallery.], played on the outdoor patio and surrounding the "stage" were about ten or twelve local artists, with easels, brushes and paint at the ready. Around 6:30 pm, or so, the artists were given the signal and they were to complete a canvas in 30 minutes. The finished works were then auctioned off. Some very interesting and attractive pieces. As chance would have it, one of the artists was the wife of chap, Marcus, who I know from Freedom, bike store where I take my Trek. He is a terrific mechanic and I like all the work he has done for me. He was there, along with a good friend, visiting from Montreal, where they went to school together.

Quite a few other friends and acquaintances we have come to know over the year and a bit that we've been here so it was loads of fun. I was not the top bidder on the item, (historical travel poster for Canadian Pacific), so I didn't come away with anything. Many of the items were donated by local wineries so I'm pleased to say I didn't have to bid on them as our wine cellar, such as it is, is pretty full, so come and help us reduce inventory! Rebekah and Lady Dar will be notified, on Monday, if any of their bids in the Silent Auction were successful. 

Very cool Patrizzio... It was great seeing you and hope your hip is good as new before much longer. thanks for sharing. I will pass this on to a few people. Cheers Leighton Hi Leighton! Glad you enjoyed the snapolas! We certainly enjoyed the event immensely so please pass along our thanks to all involved and share pics with anyone who might care to see them. Fondestos from Fascinator Woman! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Why am I not included in the emails you send to family anymore? I don't get theses pictures. Please add me to your distribution list. Pam Spumoni! I only have your grain email address and it has always bounced back in the past, due to file size, etc. Do you have another email address? I'm more than happy, nay delighted, to add you to the "distribution" list but I always thought you were quite dismissive of my missives so didn't wish to inflict them upon you! Skill testing questionnaire to be answered, immediately after each message/album, just so that you know what is in store! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Computer Cat!
 
Hi Old Farts, Yes, it’s me 2 weeks in a row…hasn’t happened too much recently. Last Thursday, we explored around the Grand Oro Mine, south of Twin Lakes. It was quite fascinating, and a special thanks to Larry Shannon for sending me some historical notes. It was greatly appreciated. This week, Thursday, September 29th….somewhere we haven’t been for a while. We will walk the meadows of Stemwinder Mountain and enjoy the spectacular view above Hedley. Here’s the plan: -meet at 0800 at Home Hardware north parking lot (Summerlanders at 0740 at IGA parking lot). -carpool and make our way to the Stemwinder Forest Service Road, just west of Hedley, and travel up the road a few kilometers. -hike up onto the high meadows and then east to the Hedley viewpoint. -return to the vehicles and make our way toward Penticton. Coffee stop to be decided. As this trip involves a longer-than-usual drive, we may not be back home until later afternoon. Are you interested? If so, let me know so I know the numbers. If the response is too great, I may have to set a limit. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Jim

Hi Joltin' Jim! The hikes you have outlined are simply wonderful. Certainly wish I could have joined gang but know I have to be patient! I gather you and Carole were at Bench 1775. Hello to all the gang. Happy hiking! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment