Friday 23 September 2016

Day 9, Post-Op Ultra-Sound Blood Clot Blues: Friday, September 23rd!

The radical novelty of modern science lies precisely in the rejection of the belief ... that the forces which move the stars and atoms are contingent upon the preferences of the human heart. -Walter Lippmann, journalist (23 Sep 1889-1974)


Pat If you are picking up yours can you get mine also. Thanks Wayne. Will you be picking your wine up at Orifino. If so maybe you could pick up ours and bring it in when you come for the writers festival. Hi Sarge! We have your Upper Bench, wine and cheese, shipment. We have booked in for Orofino tasting and pick-up so we'll collect your offerings there as well. Amazing how much "shrinkage" occurs on Hope-Princeton! All the best to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks.

Tummler, thanks for the update. We are relieved to know that your recovery is progressing better than expected. Enjoyed the pics: vistas, twins and the feline jazz legends. Good to see you upstanding in your field of as well. How are the computer lessons going with Etta? Morita is writing this for me from dictation. Appreciate the Pitchfork contact info. We will get in touch and see what we can do. We will hope to connect on one of your journeys to the big smoke. I know the Garmin girl is missing you but don't get carried away on the stationary bike. I am sure you can upload the stats. Fond regards to all, W & J
Hi Salish Sea People! Etta is old school and insists on using Sharktooth Annie's Remington typewriter but Duke is very good with touch screen on Lady Dar's mini-Ipad! Great to hear that Morita is using shorthand but I suggest you move to bark activated software. Might as well put all that energy to good use! Say hello to The Pitchforks for us. Keep us informed of your schedule and we'll hope to connect.
All the best to our Favourite Galianoids! Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio, sometimes answering to Tummler! 

Hi it's 1:40 just heading into the highway should hopefully see you by 6 or a little before! Love you  Hi Chloë! Thanks for letting us know your ETA. We'll have dinner waiting. Nana is at the doctor's office, having her hip looked at. Aarturo just left. He popped by as he was on an errand in town. Had a great time catching up and I did some grilled cheese sandwiches with pickles and sliced tomatoe. He loved them!!!

I had a call from Penticton Hospital this morning to have an ultra-sound at noon today. Doctor had ordered one yesterday after she saw me and heard my concerns about side-effects of drug I was taking. Had had no adverse side effects when Clive Duncan suggested I take a trial dosage this spring. Yoga Woman was away doing the Downward Stretching Cat so I asked Stormin' Norman, across back lane, if he could drive me. All went well and technician said that as far as he could determine I don't have any clots in my operated leg. Was concerned due to swelling over last few days. Otherwise, all going well and I'm only using a cane now.
 

Kittens are busy resting up for your arrival! Travel safely. Cheers and Love, Dad! Pics: Wild horses at rest, saving energy for tonight's rodeo!!!

Hey Patrick! Glad the card finally arrived and that you are doing so well! Thanks for the update. No pain killers and so many visitors! Nice to have company during your time of recuperation.

I'm enjoying a lazy Friday, sipping my coffee and feeding the ducks that have dropped by. They especially like wheat grain that I get from Bulk Barn. I feel kinda silly feeding them but then so many wetlands have been filled in. There really isn't much around for the ducks to feed on.
 

You might be interested to know that Bench 1775 winery on the way to Naramata is having live music on their patio Saturday from 2 to 5 pm. Corinne and I know half of the band, Sandy from the walking group. It's very nice music! Not sure if I can make it because I'm volunteering at the Okanagan Symphony Orchestra fundraiser later that day and I'm supposed to be there just after 4 pm! But they are playing on Oct. 1 as well, so I'll be sure to go then. Bye for now! Hope to see you and Corinne at bridge next week... Pam Hi Patrick; That music at Bench1775 will start at 1pm, not at 2 which is what their website says....There will be two performers till 4pm, then only Dave will stay (see below). I might go for a couple hours.....Hope to see you and Corinne there! Pam

Hi Lazy Friday Java Sipper! Thanks for info and follow-up on music at Bench 1775. Lady Dar was aware of details, times, etc. I think she will attend with Chloë and her niece, Rebekah. We have tickets for the fund raiser so I don't think I'll go to Bench 1775 as I don't want to over-extend myself. Look forward to seeing you there! All the best to our Favourite Three No Trumper! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Better guard your ducks!

Hi Pat, Corinne, thank you again for inviting us, it was great to see your new home, looks great. Thank you for the tshirts too, I particularly like the "Librarians do it quietly" one - which I am still trying to convince Jessica to wear in public. Pat, it was also great to see you are recovering like a man 30 years younger, although, I imagine not being able to bike makes you more cantankerous than you usually are : )

The okanagan was great, but I have to say, I prefer the city with its buildings and lights, that energy you get in an urban environment. Still, it was great to see such a beautiful place and reminds me how amazing BC is in terms of our nature and environment. It would be great to meet when you come down here for the writers' fest, as well, as Pat jr mentioned, I forgot my sunglasses at your place so if you do remember to bring them down I will grab them from you when we meet. Sorry for the hassle, I think it was the aquavit that made me forgetful

I have some pictures too and will send those along once I get a chance. Say hello to Duke (and I forget the other little guy's name). Pat, don't forget to wear your protective jock strap when playing with Duke Talk soon and take care, VL


Hi Akvavit Addled Man, et al! You've obviously been inhaling too, too much of the Big City Big Smoke, Vitorino! We could send along your sunglasses with Chloë when she returns to city on Tuesday and you could arrange to meet up somewhere. Let me know. All the best to our Favourite Three Muskateers, Two Archivists and a Chef! Cheers, Patrizzio!Hello Vancouver! Sorry, I had thought that I'd dent this album along. In-house medical staff! Have stethoscopes, will travel! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hola Patrizzio, Sorry you are experiencing some side-effects and had to return to the doctor but I think that is always a good idea. Hope you are feeling like yourself in no time. Your kittens are lovely. We had two sets of two cats growing up and l loved to watch them when they got wound up. It was often after dinner and they loved to chase each other over the tops of the sofas. They sure made us laugh.

My cousin Karen I mentioned to you last visit, had one hip replaced and she used an office chair to wheel around her kitchen. She found that worked very well but it looks like you are up and about with your crutches. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Oops message got away on me. We are thinking of you. Have a terrific weekend with Chloe and the felines! Cheers G & J and 🐶 M


Hi Calamity and Whirlissimo! Thanks for your good wishes. Feeling pretty good. Spent most of the evening on the couch in Rumpus Room watching Marcella, [fab London detective], on Netflix while Lady Dar and Chloë drove to Kelowna. They are just back with Rebekah who is ravenous and has been up since 6:00 am Ottawa time!You had mentioned your cousin. Pleased that my ankle is not as swollen as it has been.The Sisterhood will be off wine-tasting , after the Farmer's Market, domani and then there is live music at Bench 1775 all afternoon. Since we have tickets for a fund raiser at the Art Gallery in the evening I won't go to Bench 1775 as I don't want to over-extend myself. Perhaps I should take my office chair so i can whiz up to the bar! Would be faster for refills than with my cane!

Must away as I need to crack the whip on the "racing" felines! We dream that the sofa tops were the only part of their racecourse! Fondestos from The Goils to you both. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Duke and Etta waiting for time on the stationary bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment