Tuesday 23 August 2016

Teeth Cleaning Crescent Beach Blues: Tuesday, August 23rd!

There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts. -George Matthew Adams, newspaper columnist (23 Aug 1878-1962) 


Hi Pat, Thank you for your message last night. I work until 6:30 tonight but I can play bridge after that. Where are we playing? Pam

Hi Wine Woman et al! Wonderful that you can play bridge this evening, Pamela! We are hosting and we'd like to invite you and Jos to have dinner beforehand, unless you both have other plans. Lady Dar will probably put together a couple  of her fabulous gluten-free pizzas and I'll whip up a green salad, if that sounds fine. Just come by once your shift is over at 6:30 pm, Pam, and Jos, come over any time after 6:00 pm and we can visit and sip wine until The Naramatian arrives. Anyway, we are flexible about meal so we'll wait to hear from you both and then plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: You were both missed on yesterday's terrific hike to Wild Horse and Rattlesnake!

Patrick, Thank you for your invitation to have dinner before Bridge. I will bring a couple of bottles of wine, a red and a white. Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight. Pam Dear Patrick and Corinne, Thanks for the invite for tonight. I will be be there between 6 and 6.30pm. Since the wine is flowing already, and I still have to drive home and concentrate on my game, I will bring some juicy Summerland peaches. Jos Dear Summerland Peach and Naramatian Grape! Fantastica! See you both whenever you arrive! Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Lynne et all! Thanks for the sympathy and pointing out that I am running out of body parts to inflict damage upon. Don't know if that is good or bad, however! Thanks, again, for joining us to help celebrate Chloë's 40th. As I told jugos, last evening, I used one of your sweet peppers on our salad last night and it was delicious. Same goes for succulent peaches. Will have a couple, shortly, before I'm off to have my  pearly whites cleaned at Enamel Dental Centre.

With respect to wine-tasting with Kathleen and Stefano, they have not been here before, as far as I know, so I'm sure any of the wineries you mentioned will be well worth visiting. Lady Dar and I are particularly interested in Laughing Stock as we've not been there for ages, last time was with Flamin' and Sarge quite a few years ago. A picnic at Bench 1775, perhaps, but other than that I'm sure we can simply let our visitors decide once we outline a few more possibilities.

Over the course of stay and closer to home we thought that perhaps
Pentâge and Painted Rock would offer more spectacular views, but this time of Skaha. Had also thought that we might do a Grand Loop down to Oliver on Black Sage Road then up 97 past Intersection, Kismet, Tinhorn, perhaps lunch there or a picnic, etc., to finish at Fairview. Alternatively, leave Osoyoos via Richter to hit Orofino, Clos du Soleil, etc., in Keremeos then onto Twin Lakes to connect with White Lake Road. This would take us through Willowbrook and then to Nighthawk and See Ya Later. Back into OK Falls to swing by Noble Ridge and/or Liquidity for more wonderful views of Vaseux. As you know, more than plenty of wineries!

At any rate, if you will book Laughing Stock we can tailor the rest of that day to suit appointment time. We can discuss some of the other "touring" options at dinner on the 29th. [Please let us know what we can contribute.] I don't think we'll have much difficulty filing the time available. Furthermore. Kathleen and Stefano may well want to do a few walks, (KVR, per esempio), or just loll somewhere, reading a book, relaxing.

Your fellow Naramatian, Pam Webster, building just up from Marichel, will provide fourth for bridge this evening so looking forward to dinner and game, along with Jos. Everyone, let us know what you think about what I've outlined for coming visit. Chat soon. Fondestos from Lady Dar to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Storytelling at Burns Street Branch Library! Yesterday's hike up Rattlesnake Mountain!


Hi Patrick, How about we entertain Steve and Kathleen on the 30th and you take them on the 31st? That way we can each have some quality time. Peter
Hello Wine Tour/Hospitality Guides! Sounds fine regarding 30th/31st, however, Lady Dar and I would like to piggy-back on the tasting at Laughing Stock since you are Wine Club Members. We'll simply "evaporate" after tasting there.

With respect to what I had outlined, I was not suggesting that we had to taste at all the wineries, merely suggesting a possible driving tour/overview of the South Okanagan, with a lunch or picnic at some point, should that suit. I realize that you Naramatian Benchers never like to venture very far from home turf so just thought this might provide an opportunity to spring you from your more than comfortable cocoon! Pentictonites, on the other hand, are infinitely flexible so we will bend to the communal will, whatever that may well be. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: The Penticton Flatlander Sisterhood at Bench 1775 this past Saturday: Colonel Klink, Lady Dar and Kissin' Cousin Michelle Dunn


I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Canada Returns 1,500 Illegal Rafters to U.S. http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBvW5NR?ocid=sePatrick, Good neighbors. Mike

Hello Fingare and Digitale! How wonderful to hear from you! [No, I hadn't heard about "illegals"! so thanks] Trust you are both well. Has been a very busy summer. Chloë and her close girlfriend, Krissy, were up last week to celebrate Chloë's 40th. Chloë will be back for the September long-weekend as we will be spending a few days with close friends, Ruthless and Ricardo, at their cabin on Little Shushwap, just east of Kamloops, and she will cat-sit, Etta and Duke, our new kittens!

I'm scheduled to have my left-hip replaced on September 14th, in Vancouver. Will know if date is "firm" in a week or so. Depending on when surgery actually takes place, we are hoping to spend this Christmas in LA so we may be knocking on your door in December sometime! Of course, will keep you informed as "events" unfold.

Friends from Melbourne arrive next week for a few days so stream of Freeloaders in unending! Had hoped you two would make a visit to the Okanagan this summer. Any plans? There is still time and weather is fabulous. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and Marilyn. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Had a teeth cleaning appointment at 11:00 am so wasn't home until about 12:10 pm. Suited and lubed up after a bite to eat. Once again wind was blowing with all cheeks, 20 kph+ N so I decided it was The Flats of Trout Creek and Crescent Beach for me. Had designs on OK Falls but I must admit, Dear Reader, that I abhor fighting such a strong head-wind on Eastside, at the end of the ride. Don't so much mind battling on the outgoing leg when I'm fresher. Also, bit of shelter when I'm on the streets of Trout Creek as well as along Lakeshore Drive S, en route to Crescent Beach. With a few dipsy-doodles, here and there, I managed to log 61 km by the time I was back at Burns Street. Pleased as I had only figured on 51 km when I left. Still, the 22.5 kph AVG was no great shakes. Nevertheless, felt good to be back in the saddle again after Monday's hike. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1318276356#.V73eW-KnSS8.email
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment