Saturday 13 August 2016

Farmer's Market Meet The Vendor Blues: Saturday, August 13th!

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. -Chinese proverb 


Hi Karim and Family! Lovely to meet you and some of "our" extended, blue-shirted family! Trust everyone will continue to enjoy a wonderful reunion and please plan another one next year! Now that you have my email address and Leigh's terrific Balsamic Bliss product, [madehereokanagan.com], you can include us both! We'll even travel to Hamilton, London or Vancouver so no excuses!!! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Today's market and one with mother and daughter from July 23rd!


[Hi Karim and Family! Lovely to meet you and some of "our" extended, blue-shirted family! Trust everyone will continue to enjoy a wonderful reunion and please plan another one next year! Now that you have my email address and Leigh's terrific Balsamic Bliss product, [madehereokanagan.com], you can include us both! We'll even travel to Hamilton, London or Vancouver so no excuses!!! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Today's market and one with mother and daughter from July 23rd! It was wonderful meeting you. Feel free to join your family at the beach across from Sand Motel this weekend....]

Hi Michael et al! Grand to meet you and your Mayne Island Significant Other! Trust everyone will continue to enjoy the wonderful weekend. Hope our paths may well cross again in the not too, too distant future. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: A few other snaps from today's market. Jake Snyder, with Corinne, and I went to United College in Winnipeg in the '60's. He ended up teaching at Penticton High and I met him last July, in the same spot where today's picture was taken, after not seeing him since 1966!

Hello Aarturo and Josinta! Thanks for asking about my consultation, Aarturo. All went extremely well and it looks as if my hip surgery will be scheduled for September 14th so I will need to be back in Vancouver a few days beforehand. On Tuesday, I arrived at the Keating's home at around 2:30 pm and after unloading I went for a ride, around 3:30 pm before meeting my friends, Matt and Ben, at 5:30 pm, back on Bayswater and we cycled down Point Grey to see John Donaldson. Had a grand time with all four of us together, in one place, at one time, not since we last played doubles squash, 26 years ago! I hope to arrange another visit shortly before my September surgery but know everyone has busy schedules.
 

After we said goodbye to John, Ben and Matt cycled to Ben's place on 20th, just off Cambie and I went to Bayswater for a quick shower and change. Ben bbq'd a wonderful, wonderful dinner and provided some  marvelous wine and malt. He is from Chile and so the wine he served is simply not available here. I haven't had to drive home with one eye shut ever since I stopped playing squash! Ben will be riding the KVR from Midway to Penticton in September but now I know I might be in hospital when he is cycling.

Do you know anything about Monday's hike? Is there even one? I've not seen any messages. Had a grand time at the Farmer's Market this morning. Bumped into Nel and Alphonse, from The Lloyd Gallery, along with their daughter and son-in-law, living on Mayne Island. He is a wine rep for Orofino, Pentâge and Kettle Valley. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment