Monday 15 August 2016

Monique The Squeak and Lorenzo Bluse: Monday, August 15th!

There is no human being who, as a result of desiring to build a better life, should be named or declared illegal. -Alejandro G. Inarritu, film director, producer, screenwriter, and composer (b. 15 Aug 1963)


Jaguar Boy started trying to wake us up at just before 6:00 pm but we insulated ourselves, with sheet and pillow from his marauding tongue, needle, though gentle teeth and even sharper claws to sleep-in until 8:40 am, a new Olympic Record! Once up, I washed their bowls, both water and food, and then we wen through the cat-flap ritual again. Duke, ever the rambunctious one, was first trough to start his meal, while we had to hold the flap open a tad before Miss Etta would venture into the garage for breakfast. I left while they were both eating and so they have to exit on their own. Duke is already back in the kitchen, causing trouble, while Etta has not surfaced as of this writing!

With friends, Monique and Lorenzo, arriving around 1:00 pm I knew I didn't have time for a very long ride. As well, the wind was out of the N at 11 kph so I decided I'd opt for something that would limit the battle against it. To this end I heaed for PTC and once up Vancouver I stayed on Middle Bench Road, gerbalizing until I had close to 43 km on the clock. Wind pushed me along nicely as I headed south and on return jog I kept lengthening the distance I would stand up in the saddle, not only making it easier to pedal into the wind but also helping to build up my endurance for hill climbing. Started to tire by the time I had logged 40 km so I was pleased to finally make the swoop down to Government and then all the way back to PTC. A couple of short loops there, around the round-about and then up Ellis and I was home by just after1:00 pm. Had hoped to hold the AVG at 23.5 kph but the slight uphill grade on White and the wind now out of the NNE slowed me down enough to drop down to 23.4 kph. Still, I was pleased with my time so not really any complaints. Didn't even become dizzy on the hamster wheel of Middle Bench! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1305770237#.V7MraGDLSew.email

Today we hiked up Cartwright in the heat with a small group of OF enthusiasts. Lovely hike with beautiful views. Attached please find 2 group shots from the hike. Cheers, Aart Forgot the photos. See attached, Cheers,Aart It keeps telling me it can't send the attachments, sorry. Will try one by one. Aart 

Hello Bookseller Man! Just a quick note to say we had two visits from Winnipeggers today! Monique and Larry, for lunch, now live in Nanaimo, while Amy and Erika, for dinner, still live in Winnipeg. Erika was a classmate at Daniel. She owns a B&B in Summerland, on Canyon Valley Road, just at the point where it starts to drop down. Gorgeous view of the KVR trestle from her place. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment