Monday 8 August 2016

Brent Mountain Blues: Monday, August 8th!

When I can look Life in the eyes, / Grown calm and very coldly wise, / Life will have given me the Truth, / And taken in exchange---my youth. -Sara Teasdale, poet (8 Aug 1884-1933)


Steve and Kathleen, We would love to have you stay with us during your Okanagan visit. We don't have an entertaining dog nor a mandolin, but otherwise we would do our best to make you feel at home and return your hospitality from our visit so many years ago. A funny coincidence, I'm currently traveling in Kazakhstan with my client who is from Ballarat. All the best, Peter


Hi Everyone, I think we will have to share Steve and Kathleen. 2 nights each should work. What do you all think? Corinne Hi All—That works for me … if everyone else is amenable. I’m going to suggest Monday and Tuesday nights in Naramata and Wednesday and Thursday at Burns St. Okay? Cheers, Lynnie Ok with us! C

Lady Dar was up at well before 6:00 am and she went, immediately, to the kitchen, to put out breakfast for Etta and Duke. I had set my alarm for 7:00 am as I wanted to ready myself for day's coming hike. Nevertheless, the kittens were extremely well-behaved after eating and before I feel back to sleep I had both of them curled up beside me. My own internal clock woke me at just before 7:00 am so I stole out of bed, having to be careful I didn't squish a purring kitten, to make my own way to the kitchen for my first java of the day, leaving Lady Dar to her sweet dreams!

Map and stats for hike:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1295071402#.V6kwT0BxIck.email
 

Mat and Pat See the route "Aug 9 2016" Mat, if you wish you can park at my house at 5, and we cycle over to pick up Pat, and from there we go to the Eggmans house, and when we leave we can follow the route outlined or any other back to 20th. Just a thought......let me know. Pat: Do you have a cel number? Just incase…Here is mine Cheers BC Thankyou so much Ben. I will be there at 5. Looking forward to it. Here is my cell phone #. Take care 🐶����🚴����Matt P S I will be sollow🚴��🙏��Matt Pps do you want me to bring anything apart from booze and the dancing girls��Matt

Hello Banjo Players! Here is my cell, Lads! Just to confirm: We are going to meet near or at the last concession stand  on Spanish Banks, (The Spanish Banks West Concession), at 5:30 pm. Is that correct? I gather you both will be riding from Ben's place, leaving there at 5:00 pm. I assume it will take you closer to 45 minutes than half an hour to get to this location on Spanish Banks. If you agree, why don't we meet at Point Grey and Macdonald instead, around 5:30 pm. I can always ride back and forth along Point Grey if I'm there before you two and when we finally meet we can ride to the bottom of the UBC Foreshore Hill, or even to the top if you wish, and then return to stop at The Eggman's house! 

I will be bringing wine and can also contribute food of any sort if you let me know by return post! Once the two of you confirm time and location of meet perhaps you, Ben, can give The Eggman a call to let them know when to expect us. Very much looking forward to tomorrow's late afternoon/evening. Drop me a quick note tonight, if possible, as I plan to head out by 8:00 am tomorrow morning. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi VQA Woman! As I think we mentioned at last week's game, Lady Dar will be hosting tomorrow so we need to know if you are confirmed to play. Unless Phillipo decides to play there will only be three without you. Please let me know, one way or another, as soon as possible. I'm off to Vancouver around 8:00 am tomorrow morning. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Patrick, I'll be there tomorrow night. Thanks to Corinne for hosting😊

sorry Phil and I can't come. W're spending time with Kelsey as it's her birthday Tuesday. Hope to see you next week. Gill Hi Jack Rabbit et al! Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about the birthday party! I meant to include Olga Polga who is committed to playing. Thanks! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Old Farts,I'm sub'ing in for Jim for the next OF's hike (Aug 11), so... the plan is as follows; - Meet at 0800 Home Hardware car park in Penticton (S'landers at IGA parking lot 0740 to carpool to Penticton). - Carpool and make our way to the East end of Yellow Lake. Drop off a car or two (for car shuttle) and continue to the West end of the lake to start the hike. - Cross the creek and ascend the hills to the South. At the top, hike along the ridge and stop for lunch. Descend via the East end of Yellow Lake. - Decide on a place for coffee/debriefing/discussion for next hike.- Please let me (Phil Robson) know if you plan to come. I hope I haven’t missed anything. Cheers, Phil 

Hi Phillipo! Thanks, again, for today's marvellous outing! I do hope to join Thursday's hike BUT, at this point, I don't yet know if I'll be returning to Penticton on Wednesday. If I stay in Vancouver until Thursday, I'll send along a message on Wednesday evening to let you know I won't be joining the group. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Patrick, Funny thing about poss surgery and your nice soft cushions: I was told (for my back) to sit on hard chairs rather than soft surfaces - so now I sit on a old near antique hardwood chair that I recently picked up on Broadway for a song. For when you are in Vancouver and if you have a chance to visit, give Denise’s cell a call or the land Line and we’ll set up a dinner here for you or some other kind of visit.

Was thinking of you when watching the men’s road race in Rio - I hope you had a chance to watch some of it -a beautiful but very tough race. Been watching the women’s rugby and also the swimming (which I used to compete in at college) with much interest. safe journey out here, Bill.


Hi Wild Bill! Interesting what you mentioned about hard vs soft but the real reason for cushion is to elevate hip in the initial stages of recovery, rather than to cushion surface. Thanks for your numbers and lovely invitation. At this point, I don't yet know if I'll be returning to Penticton on Wednesday. I'm meeting Matt Garrey, Ben Cartwright and John Donaldson tomorrow afternoon/evening for a bit of a doubles reunion and then dinner with Matt and Ben at Ben's home on West 20th. If I stay in Vancouver until Thursday, [I'll know more about travel plans after my consultation is finished on Wednesday afternoon, timing, etc.], perhaps we could have a get-together of some sort that evening. Sorry to be so evasive but I really don't know yet. However, I'll call, at some point, but please don't go to any trouble on my behalf. Perhaps just a quick drink or coffee might work as I'll be just round the corner form you on 7th and Bayswater, at Keatings, with Chloë, who is house-sitting for them!

I gather I have watched some of the same Olympic coverage! I was certainly most dismayed to see both Ritchie Porte and Vincenzo Nibali had pretty serious crashes, (Nibali broke his collar bone as you probably know!), not to mention the Dutch woman who had an even more serious accident. I felt "I knew" the two from The Tour coverage and quite enjoyed their incredible endurance and skill in that event.. Most pleased to see that Greg Van Avermaet won the men's road as he put in some truly spectacular rides on the Tour, again, as you might know.

Have really enjoyed the Women's &'s especially after 7's here in Vancouver, most recently. Swimming is phenomenal and I hope to get back into the pool, post-surgery, once incision heals. Fabulos facilty here in Penticton so no excuses! Thanks for best wishes for travel. Will be in touch. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: Just back from today's hike to Brent Mountain, up Apex way. Jos and Aarturo dropped me home and came in for a beer on the back patio before they said good bye to Lady Dar and Duke. Unfortunately, Etta has a bit of a cold so she was sleeping on our bed. Cora Lee took her to the vet this morning but he thinks it is nothing to worry about. She is eating well and playing with Duke but we need to keep a close watch on her until her sneezes stop and her right eye stops watering. Just took this of her in chair in living room. Poor little thing! 


Not to worry Patrick, I can understand you have dinners etc. planned. If you are still here and free on Wed eve it would be good to get together as Denise & Julie are going to TUTS that eve. By the way it is raining in Vancouver this AM. Say hello to Matt for me. cheers, Bill.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment