Tuesday 2 August 2016

Summerland Bidding Blues: Tuesday, August 2nd!

I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually. -James Baldwin, writer (2 Aug 1924-1987) 

100 trillion Zimbabwean dollars
A banknote from 2009

Photo: Wikimedia

Hello Three No-Trump Naramatian! Pleased to learn that you will be playing bridge tonight. If you want, we can take one car from our place. I'm happy to be the chauffeur, from here, but let me know what suits your schedule and we'll plan accordingly. I gather we are to be at the Dronkers between 6:30 pm -7:00 pm. Off for a ride as showers are forecast for later. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Patrick, Carpooling sounds fun. I have a Highlander that seats 5 so I can drive from your place too. What time shall I be there? 6:30? Hi Car Pool Person!
If you are here at 6:30 pm that should work poifectly! See you then. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! See you at 6:30. Pamela

Chloe Alexis Dunn with Corinne Durston and Patrick James Dunn. Mom and one of her new babies.....😻

Ayn P That is so adorable that I don't even mind being replaced by her new children xo
Pam Durston
Pam Durston OMG! You got 2 kittens!! Who is going to baby sit when you travel??
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn Neighbors said they would help out or if it's a long trip maybe they'll come to Vancouver
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn Pam they are so cute!!!
Pam Durston
Pam Durston What made them get kittens?
Ginette Bertrand
Ginette Bertrand She needs company as her hubby always on the go and away cycling the South Okanagan!
Patrick James Dunn

Patrick James Dunn Yes, indeed! I am always having to go south of Oliver, to Intersection, to buy more wine, as she and Chloë can't keep their hands off the wonderful product!


Corinne and Patrick: Is bridge at your place tonight? Gill Hi Jack Rabbit Slims! Welcome home! Trust you had a wonderful time. Missed you both yesterday. Hiking group had a truly fab ride from Twin Lakes to Hildegard Von Bingen's place in Oliver. She put on an incredibly plenteous and tasty lunch which we enjoyed at ride's end.
 

Chloe Alexis Dunn with Corinne Durston and 2 others. My new "fur sister and brother" Etta is 8 weeks and Duke is 10 weeks old........they are adorable and sweet!!! But definitely a little bit of trouble!!! Ayn P I love them already!
Nicole Marie
Nicole Marie Your parents new kittens ??
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn Yup, mom wanted one and dad said then get two!!!😻
Nicole Marie
Nicole Marie Omg they are sooo cute!!!
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn They are really cute!!
Carol Riera
Carol Riera That's our fault! We took Pushkin there and they fell in love!
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn They did Carol she mentioned how adorable she was!!


No, bridge is not at our place as after we offered to host, Jos said it was her turn so she is hosting in Summerland, 6:30 pm- 7:00 pm, start. Pam Webster is coming so if you and Phillipo are both planning to attend let's meet here and we can take our car! Let me know as soon as you can and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! ... we took our usual lake dip on one of the rare free morning, 10min downhill along the creek and back. Totally liberating and gorgeous. Aarturo & Jossefos Yes I will be there but not Phil so hope I can get a lift from you. What time should I be at your place? Thx Gill Hi Phillipo-less Person! If you are here at 6:30 pm that will work well! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Marlo Jurkowski Adorable! Welcome to the family little ones!! 🐱🐈

Katie Maness Hansford
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn Fish, I keep calling Duke Dukers!!!
Katie Maness Hansford
Katie Maness Hansford Well yes clearly you named him after Luca.
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn No my sister named them. Duke and Ella

Ayn P Etta


Ayn P
Ayn P Or are you guys going with Ella Fitzgerald?
Chloe Alexis Dunn


Chloe Alexis Dunn No I mis wrote it's EttaChloe Alexis Dunn After the musicians
Katie Maness Hansford
Katie Maness Hansford I know Krissy Seymour Can't wait to meet them!!!! Xx
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn They are so sweet Kris!!!
Coco Ferrari Such an innocent little face, but I know better ;-)
Ayn P
Ayn P She looks like fun!! Ayn P Home > Love > Face-plant
Ayn P
Ayn P So are you like a post doula...ensuring Mom's bond with her new fur people
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn I want to make our sibs transition is smooth and they have good skin to fur contact ❤️😉
Ayn P Right...
Ayn P
Ayn P Maybe that's your calling
Ayn P
Ayn P Kitty adoption mediator
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn If it payed well....
Ayn P
Ayn P And if you could spell paid...bless your heart
Ayn P
Ayn P You are your mother's child xoxo
Chloe Alexis Dunn
 
Ayn P Oh my God...are they spooning?

Chloe Alexis Dunn
Carol Riera Savanah, Julien, look what you guys made Corinne and Patrick buy!
Ayn P

Ayn P Yep, she told me all about that kitty...and yes, it is very much to blame!!  

Gail Marie Boivin So sweet! Does her 'blanky' match C's shirt. Ah, kitten!
 
With the wind blasting at between 17 kph-26 kph out of the north, I decided I'd better head into it at the beginning of the ride so after my regular loop of PTC/Lakeshore and Riverside I headed up Vancovuer to do a loop of Middle Bench before making for Naramata Road. Going wasn't quite as tough as I had expected it to be so I soldiered on, running into a light shower just before I passed Moraine. from th elook of the sky it looked as if it would pass and it did so I never really managed to get a soaking. Pleased, of course, I decided I'd go as far as the first cattle guard before the Chute Lake turnoff. Once there I was happy to turn around and hoped that the wind direction hadn't changed. It hadn't so with it at my back I made decent time on return leg, swooping down Haven Hill Road to Government, where the light as in my favour, and then onto White to pull into our back lane without interruption by traffic of any kind. had hoped to push my AVG a little higher but was pleased it was as high as it was, given strong winds I'd had to buck on way out. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1285335705#.V6D-fSUKzf0.email

Hi ReplyAll, Hike for Monday Aug 8 is to Brent Mtn. The usual arrangements for meet up... 9am in Penticton (North side Home Hardware car park) while S'landers meet at IGA by 8:40 to car pool into Pen. High clearance vehicles are needed for the last few kms on Shatford Creek road; we'll need sufficient such auto's to ferry all hikers to the trail-head (and back!) If you have questions, please email me? If you're coming, see you on Monday! Phil

Hi Phillipo! I'd like to hike on Monday but our vehicle is not a high clearance car. I assume/hope I can still participate. With respect to Thursday's hike, as you probably know, Jack Rabbit called to say 8:00 am at HH so I'll be there! Thanks for all your time and energy in organizing these hikes, Phillipo. You are doing a wonderful, wonderful job which is, it goes without saying, muchly appreciated. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Re high clearance vehicles for Monday... whosoever brings one gets to choose those being driven to the trail-head! If no-one chooses moi, the 'chosen-ones' will have to pick a new leader!! See you tomorrow. Phil


Patrick James Dunn We'll be back on August 9th!
  • Carol RieraCarol Riera
    Great! For how long? I'll be in whistler August 11 to 14
    Let's get together with Colleen and Al on 9th or 10th!
  • Carol Riera
    Carol Riera
    She says she'll host a pot luck in Burnaby. Which might works best for you guys? 9 or 10. I'll make an event on Facebook
  • Patrick James Dunn
    Patrick James DunnI assume gathering is now postponed until September. Is that correct? Lady Dar and Etta bid Chloë farewell earlier this evening when she left to drive back to Vancouver.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment