Saturday 18 June 2016

Peony Blossom Blues: Saturday, June 18th!

Everybody's talking about people breaking into houses but there are more people in the world who want to break out of houses. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)


Hi Patrizio! Lovely photos, maybe too many flags/irises or whathever they call them. Still planning to get out there this Fall sometime. I fear you may lose whatever limited skills you had at bridge unless you get a “tune up”. Say hi to Cora Lee and the rest of the women in your life. Charlie


Ohh our dear Patrizzio, what are we going to do with you? You are a cycling hero!! What you do tires me out just hearing about it. Anyway, you deserve a metal...really!!! Thanks for the update, the great pics and pass on hugs to Corrine but maybe shower first this time . I just don't want you to miss out on any sugar.....ha, ha.

We are presently on the road between Hinton and Edson in Alberta after trying our patience on 2 bridge and 3 road construction sites, and two separate mountain sheep sites with sucking babies that hogged both lanes and held all traffic at standstill until they decided to allow one vehicle every once in awhile to pass, but they were beautiful. So needless to say we will be arriving at our son Dean's about two hours later than our grandson Eli was expecting and he's not happy about.....he's been counting the days and presently the hours and minutes. Both Bowen(3 year old granddaughter) and Eli will be jumping up and down, over the moon when we finally get there. As for Craig and I the wedding is tomorrow so we will party on. Bye for now


Hello! I know it is early for a Christmas letter to all of you but I wanted to share a fundraiser that Damian and Corben are doing with you! Our 1st Hillside Scout Troop is doing one final fundraiser of the year ;) Below is some information regarding Mabel’s Labels. Some of you may already use them and others may have never heard of them before. Even if you don’t have children you may have a use for them. Please check out the website. There is a special Fundraiser package for $16.00 or so but you need to look at the top right of the page to find it. It is not in the regular packages.

Thank you for considering this and even forwarding this email along to your friends if you can! Our fundraiser ends on July 15 :)  Hope all is well, Ariane, Damian & Corben! 
Hello Hillside Scouts! Trust all goes well with you folk, Ariane.  Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Dusty's flowers. Peonies just starting to open.

John Keogh Hey Patrick how are you? I see you do a lot of Cycling. Good man, I'm no stranger to my beer but turning 40 I do believe that health is wealth. Have you any plans to return to Ireland? I've been busy last two years with a great guitar duo project, I've found it really fulfilling and have pushed myself hard. Music is a mixture of originals and cheeky pop covers of classics by Stevie wonder , the police and Chaka Khan. If you fancy a copy please support us and visit our website. It's www.julienandjohn.com , just click album and abroad on PayPal and it's off to sea. Haha. Not on iTunes yet but beautiful artwork to accompany music. Hope life is well. Regards. John keogh

Hi John! Great to hear from you! I've just ordered your CD! Look forward to listening to it once it arrives. We are hoping to return to Europe next year and as we have a friend who bought a place in Cavan we may well be back in Dublin. Will certainly be in touch if trip pans out as we hope it will. One of my riding mates, Bad Boy! I'm entered in the Penticton GranFondo on July 10th, 160 km! Cheers! 

John KeoghThanks a million Patrick! It really helps. Plus it sounds great. Ha ha We'd a nice wedding gig yesterday . I see you're putting in the miles ! Well done
Cavan is pretty close to dubbers so raise a glass or a guitar next summer ! Ha ha Patrick James Dunn Hi again, John! In fact, close friends are in Dublin at the moment. They are the ones who visited another mutual friend in Cavan. He lives near Vancouver and bought the place in Ireland a number of years ago. My friend, Branko, and I visited Jo-Anne and Colin, this past May. Taken in their back yard. They had only just returned from Portugal!

Spent a goodly part of the morning catching up on email and around 1:00 pm I suited up and headed out. Wind must have exhausted itself yesterday as it was only blowing at 11 kph SW-13 kph WSW over the time I was out. [In fact, didn't even register on the Garmin stats and I had to look it up on AccuWeather once back home!] At ant rate, thunderstorms were predicted for around 5:00 pm so I didn't want to risk a longish ride to Rennie. Instead I thought I'd just do another South Shore loop in case it started to pelt even earlier than forecast suggested. Dipys-doodled into the town-site to start and once I was on the South Shore I was racing along, my AVG 23 kph and climbing!

Pleased as punch I thought that perhaps I could keep up the pace and so decided I'd do another circuit of the town-site after finishing first SSL. Did just that and was at 23.5 kph at the start of the next loop. Again, I whizzed along and was happy to see that I'd managed to hit 23.9 kph by the time I'd reached the end of the pavement and I had to turn around. Think the wind must have shifted a tad as I was able to push the AVG to 24 kph about halfway home and then hit 24.2 kph before I crossed the causeway. Knew I was home free then as I was riding into a cross-wind now and the last stretch of tarmac is reasonably smooth. Consequently, I was able to maintain this AVG when I pulled into Ace Bay! Certainly my best AVG here in Falcon and may well be my overall best as well! My legs felt pretty strong at ride's end so pleased about that as well. Suppose all the rum I consumed last night was jet fuel today!  Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1218976978#.V2WuL4oFXC0.email

Hi Rishi! How wonderful to hear from you! Trust all goes well with you. Are you still on the family farm or back in the city? Have been meaning to say hello for ages, ever since I received your email in early May. Take care of yourself and will certainly be in touch if we are ever back in India. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Lynne and Peter in the doorway of their home, in Naramata, (about twenty minutes, by car, from where we live in Penticton), with friends I brought by to say hello. Note Ganesh! My cycling friend, Ken, in front of our house. Lynne with good friend, Rob, and Corinne at Peter's 70th birthday party. Birthday Boy! Lynne and Peter are currently travelling in Europe so we won't see them until we are back in Penticton, later this month or early July.


Hi Dick! Congratulations on the latest round of awards! Well done! Hip Hip Hooray! Corinne and I would like to attend the tasting on Saturday, July 2nd! Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi all, Seemed to have lost track of time, and forgot to write. Wednesday we drove south of Dublin to the town of Wicklow on the coast. Just to the south of the town was a great beach area. Then we drove into the Wicklow Mountains to Glendalough, an old sixth century monastic settlement.
 

Thursday and Friday were spent exploring Dublin, and going on the Guinness tour. One of their best products is their Foreign Extra stout, which is not available in North America. So sad! Today poked around Trinity College, National Gallery, National Library, St. Stephen's Green, and Dawson Street. Stopped in at the Celtic Whiskey Shop and tasted a 25 year old Irish. Only 250 euros a bottle. Colin

Dear Patrick Thanks heaps for Falcon Lake update. Hope you are having a wonderful time and that the weather has chosen to cooperate. Can't get over the Irish green!!! So special and the people are ever so kind and jovial. All of us need a it of the Irish! Colin, John, Yulin, Eric and myself have been enjoying wee tastes of Ireland th whiskers are rather good Teeling and Jameson's. Also have had some good Guiness varieties not available in Canada. Sun is peaking through today! Take care and all the best as always Joanne

Hello Dubliners! Sounds as if you have had a wonderful time in Dublin. I'd like a couple of bottles of 25 year old Irish whiskey! Take care of yourselves and enjoy the rest of your holiday. Cheers, Patrizzio!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment