Friday 10 June 2016

Falcon Lake Chardoonnnaay Blues: Friday, June 10th!

Language furnishes the best proof that a law accepted by a community is a thing that is tolerated and not a rule to which all freely consent. -Ferdinand de Saussure, linguist (1857-1913)



Hello !!! So I was speak with Nadia and trying to figure out a way for her to come see you in Penticton I don't mind driving her there but wanting to make sure there would be enough room for us to stay (clearly I have to bring Jaxon as well We were thinking of coming Monday July 3rd and staying until Thursday Let me know Nadia said she doesn't mind crashing on the couch but unfortunately me and Jax would need some sort of room

Hello Nicolina and Freeloader Host Daughter! Greetings from Manitoba! We spent last night in Kenton, near Brandon, with cousins, and will drive into Winnipeg, then on to Falcon, this morning. Had a tornado warning in this region, yesterday, late afternoon/early evening, but only heavy rain!

There will be the spare bedroom room for you and Jaxonator and one of the Murphy beds for Nadienka so don't worry about sleeping arrangements. We'll be in touch, at greater length, once in Falcon, but just wanted to let you know about staying so you can plan accordingly. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Thanks for letting us know!! Oh so glad there was no tornado as expected. That would have been scary. Have fun  Give my love to Dusty and Clara. See you in July :) Hi Nicolina! I think the fact that I had Lady Dar staked out in the wheat field, (With a very nice bottle of Upper Bench Chaaardoonnay, mind!), next to the house scared off the twister! Cheers, Patrizzio!


I hope the drive has gone well. Last evening I took the cherries to Duplicate Bridge to share and of course score points, even though Constanza and I didn't do particularly well. Have a good month. Let me know when you might be back.

Hi Zircon! Delighted you tried to use the Okanagan cherries as a bribe even if they didn't help your overall score! Thanks again for wonderful hospitality. I know Lady Dar replied earlier but I wanted to say hello again and send along a few more snapolas. Just back from a very invigorating ride, first to South Shore of Falcon, past where Betty Hughes has her cabin and then to West Hawk Lake, where the United Church Durstons attend is located. Gorgeous day, quite breezy with wind about 10 kph out of the SE. Grew very dark about 4:30 pm when I was leaving WHL and thought I was in for a soaking as a thunderstorm looked ready to happen from the look of the black, angry clouds. Anyway, made it home without a drop falling and now it looks as if threat has passed us by. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1206983035#.V1tGr6RMCY4.email 

Will be in touch as soon as we have a better idea of return schedule, etc. Must away as I've to shower and change before dinner. George, Corinne's brother, living next door, is grilling pork loin on the bbq. Clarisse made turnip puff and Lady Dar is doing potatoes of some kind. I'm charged with making cole slaw. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: The Falcon Lake Sisterhood pretending not to see Dusty's second glass of wine on the front patio, an hour or so ago!


Hello Cinderella Project People! Just a quick note to thank you both for the wonderful, wonderful hospitality. Decided not to stop in Winnipeg, after all, and so came straight to Falcon. Will be in touch as soon as we have a better idea of Winnipeg schedule, etc. I was charged with making cole slaw but Rosie-the-Riveter took pity on me! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: The album cover of a new country, punk rock band, Angry Alejandro and the Hamiota Hayseeds. Second one is with their producer, Lady Dar Dar, who has worked with such internationally famous groups as The Plucking Twits, out of Parksville, Vancouver Island and The Wildwood Wild Ones out of the Pembina Foothills, both hot beds of country fusion/indie, heavy metal, hard rock!
Aaahoo! Werewolves of Kenton!!!! 

The Werewolf: https://youtu.be/S9UwRLfYUlo Hello Lon Chaney! Thanks for the link to Paul Simon's latest album, I gather. I'd heard "Wristband" on CBC II earlier this week but knew nothing about the rest of the album so thanks for sending me down that road. Once I'd clicked on link I spent almost an hour listening to other clips!

I was planning a ride yesterday but due to you I didn't leave until around 4:00 pm. We plan to be back and forth, between Falcon and Winnipeg, over next few weeks and am wondering when might be a good time for a visit. We'd like to take you and Sally out for a meal so let us know what might work best for you two, in terms of dates and times. Lady Dar will be driving her Mom into the city this coming Wednesday but they won't be staying overnight. If you will be around, perhaps I'll come with them, bring my bike and end up at your place for a brief visit and we can plan something for following week. 71st anniversary party is on a week today. Ayn flies into town this coming Thursday but Patti, (Cora Lee's sister from Petawawa arrives Friday morning.), is renting a car and will drive her to the lake. Fondestos to you and Sally, from Lady Dar, praying, with Rosie-the-Riveter, for my black soul at West Hawk United. Cheers, Patrizzio!  No worries, Mr. Warrabilla Duriff. Take your time to travel safely back to Winnipeg from the Lake of the Falcons. Regards, Filmer, of the muddy waters.

We're off!!! Tomorrow morning we head to the airport, and then it's on to Ireland and Scotland. Will try to e-mail as we go along. Bon Voyage, World Travelers! From the itinerary it looks like a more than wonderful trip! Are you intersecting with Gaz and Di?

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your last email informing me of Phil Vascheresse's death, Jo-Anne. Sorry to learn about it, of course. We left very early the next morning, (Drove to Medicine Hat to stay with a close friend.), and had company that night, (Lynette, Maya's mother.), so simply ran out of time, trying to pack, get house ready, etc. Anyway, when you have time, probably when back in Vancouver, I'd appreciate some of the details.

Fondestos from Lady Dar, green with envy after reading your itinerary! Travel safely. Drink plenty of Guiness, Irish whisky and malt for me! Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Coincidentally, I'm reading Stuart MacBride's A Song for the Dying, set in Scotland, Aberdeen I think, at the moment. We saw him at the VWF a number of years ago now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment