Wednesday 23 November 2016

Day 67, Post-Op Dental Bridge Blues: Wednesday, November 23rd!

Poetry is a sort of homecoming. -Paul Celan, poet and translator (23 Nov 1920-1970)

The Arcadian or Pastoral State
Art: Thomas Cole (1801-1848)
Dear friends, On our way to Puente Arenas.Hopefully we are able to cross the border , since the boarder patrol people are on strike. 3 days of hiking were " fabeltasties" Glamping the first night, cramping the next. Beautiful weather so far, good wines, and nice mixture of characters in our group. Unfortunately no bridge players,t o kill time on the bus,finished my book,and very happy to hear about your rehab. Driving through guanaco country now, will send a picture separate. Adios mi amigos. Jos


Hello Mucho Vino Travelers! Loved the shot of the wine store but I thought you people were roughing it, camping and trekking, not hanging out in well-stocked deli/coffee shops, eyeing the bottles of Torrontés and Malbec!!! Glamping indeed! Sorry to learn that no bridge players for you, Josinta, another strong reason for Aarturo to learn the game! [That and riding bare-back on wild guanacos!] Unfortunately, Pamela came down with a nasty flu bug so we didn't play bridge this evening. Spumoni took the opportunity to go to the community meeting regarding latest Skaha Lake Park proposed development. Fondestos to you three. Take care of each other. Stay well and travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Tummler, Thanks for keeping us ion the loopage. Let us know when you have more info on the organized tours in eastern Europe. We do not know our timing on the Norway leg at this time. Europe plans are pretty fluid right now but for our time in Italy mid April until at least early May. Let us know how the recovery is going and when you are back on the steed. Fond regards to all, C&W

Hello Amantes del fin de Semana I will certainly be in touch as soon as I hear more from Katerina. With dates she has provided I think I'll plan for Hungary so if you are interested, first one starts on May 15th, next on May 29th, so it depends on your schedule. Fondestos to you three. Etta and Duke miss Morita terribly, even though they've never met! Take care of each other. Stay well and travel safely on the ferries. Guess you need to take sleeping bags now! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Patrick, I came down with something nasty last night. I think it's the flu. Still not feeling well today so I will not be at Bridge tonight. My apologies. I hope the numbers work out. Pam Hello to The Naramata Patient! Sorry to hear that you are under the weather, Pamela. Have Wild Bill make you plenty of hot rum with lemon and honey! Don't worry about bridge, although you will be sorely missed. Take care of yourself and we'll chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Last night at Mile Zero with friends, Rosemary and Andre, and Erin, server/owner, (along with her parents, I believe!) 👍

Thanks Patrick. I'm not sure why Grant didn't share the original offer with our Board however its encouraging to see that he had a good response to his cask purchase program. We are currently canvassing our members and those on our wait List to determine level of interest in the 30L Cask Offer from Caledonian Distillery. Cheers Kevin 
Hi Kevin! So far I have four friends, (including myself), who are interested in Grant's cask purchase program. Will you be sharing this offer with your members and those on the wait list? If not, I'm hoping to drum up 7 more investors so if you know of anyone who would be interested I'd appreciate you passing along my email address. Please let me know what you think. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! 
Hello Fellow Malt Tasters: Terrific to meet everyone. Certainly enjoyed the wonderful tasting! Here is the information on the malt offering from Dubh Glas which I mentioned. Let me know what you think and we'll plan  accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! 
Hello Malt Man! I'm keen to take part in this offering. If I can drum up 10 fellow investors, (total 11), cost per share would be around $208, which translates into 4 bottles @$52 per bottle. I am very impressed with Grant's product. Have tasted and purchased each one. Noteworthy Gin doesn't last very long, unfortunately! Since malt has always been what drove him to open distillery in the first instance, I have every confidence that it will be something worth having. Anyway, let me know, the sooner the better, what you think and I'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Flin Flon Folk! I'm happy to meet at the Bellevue BUT why not come to our place and we can have a bite to eat and/or coffee and visit. You mentioned 10:30 am so that is fine. Anyway, let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Looking forward to seeing you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pat:

The reason that I was hesitant to come to the house for coffee is that I'm not very good about cats or dogs.  You mention that you have new kittens and I'm not very good with that......Sorry to be such a poop head...See you Saturday.  Here is my phone number too. Cheers Patti 
Hi Patti! That's fine! I'll see you both at the Bellevue at 10:30 am on Saturday morning. Travel safely! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Tuesday night at Mile Zero: red flight; Erin/Andre; Patrizzio/Andre; Erin/Lady Dar/Rosemary!
Dear Pasticcio, Thanks for the invitation to your Christmas Open House event.
Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend. We're pre-scheduled for Sunday brunch with some of my cousins on December 11, (local venue yet to be decided). Here's more dance music to help you break in your new metal hip: https://youtu.be/T7pxa488YmI 
 
Hi Full Dance Card People! Devastated to learn that your cousins take precedence over Sally's but you Hubbles were always pushy! Quite enjoyed the last dance as I had just returned from my React physio/rehab session. Did about an hour, or so, of deep-water walking, with a flotation belt. Also took along my Creature from the Black Lagoon webbed water gloves for more resistance. They worked well so am pleased about that.
If things change, you are more than welcome to pop by. We know it is a very busy time of year, particularly for Winterpeggers trying to stay un-thawed! Take care of yourselves. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Quail in back patio, yesterday afternoon! Etta and Duke waiting for roast Quail! [We don't allow them on the table of counter tops BUT! CFTBL!


Hello Former Disney Employee! This is especially for you, Ayn! Cheers, Daffy! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment