Tuesday 15 November 2016

Day 59, Post-Op Socked-In Soggy Blues: Tuesday, November 15th!

Words form the thread on which we string our experiences. -Aldous Huxley, novelist (1894-1963)  

Photo: Bryan Katz
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992) 

Dear Jean, congratulations on planning such an incredible program for your mother's 100th celebration. It will be an event that your family will never forget. It's wonderful that your mother is so alert and has such an wonderful memory.
My mother at almost 92 is doing very well but my dad is on oxygen 24 hrs a day. He is very skinny having loss 40 pounds in past 6 months. Barely eats these days.

It's great that your whole family will be there. What a great family reunion you will have. We are settled in for the winter except for a short visit to LA over Christmas to see Ayn and the boys and their partners. Chloe is flying down for 5 days over Christmas. Will likely go to Europe in the Spring. I want to go ti Spain and Portugal and Patrick plans to do a bike tour. Not yet all planned out. I will probably go to Manitoba in February. Mom is having some minor eye surgery and I can do the cooking etc will she takes it easy for a few days. I hope to do an early summer visit to the Island so hope to see you then. Have a wonderful time in Winnipeg, Love Corinne 


Hi Pam. I put a few pics up on Shaw for the Findlay Creek Hike. Paul. If anyone wants to see them, the link is:

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/33895015266-1479229146-22555/


Hi Kevin , here is the label The bottom label is a metallic foil I would like to go to print with this asap These colors are for cask owner whisky only I think this will look very sharp thanks all the best Patrick Fellow SOCOG owners

Attached is the label developed for our Shelter Point cask. Page One shows the front label; Page Two shows the rear label and Page Three shows the smaller label done in metallic foil specifically identifying it as as South Okanagan Cask Owner Group Cask # 188 Distilled November 2011 Bottled November 2016 and 62.5% alc/vol 750 ml

Personally I think they have done an excellent job in crafting this label and I ask you to review same and get back to me as quickly as possible within the next day or so if you agree. Let me know if you have any specific concerns or suggestions because I've been asked by Patrick to approve this design so it can go to print asap.
 

I'm still waiting receipt in the mail of $ 375 from two individuals before I move to finalize the final payment to Shelter Point later this week. Hopefully I'll have confirmation of when we can take delivery in Penticton and from there where you can make arrangements for pick up hopefully before Christmas. Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers Kevin. 

Hi Kevin That all looks good to me. Looking forward to checking out the contents soon! Cheers Graham Kevin, Very handsome labels. Great by me. Thanks again for coordinating the effort over the past 5 years. Peter Hi Kevin! Let me echo Peter's thanks for all your hard work and effort. Much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you at Sunday's tasting. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick See you there. Dame Judith
I too think they have done an excellent job. I like the muted colour of the label. The photo of mountains, water and lakes does remind me of "vineyards" but perhaps they are trying to capture the area of the Okanagan. judi



Hi Colin Will Donald be next, or will he crash and burn? Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Corinne, apologies for the slow response. We were on the road all weekend: Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver... Just back home this afternoon. We fly from Japan to Rome on 19 April and plan to spend a few days in Rome before going to Venice for a few days. After that our plans are wide open. Thinking of a bicycle trip in Slovenia. Keep us in the loop about your travel plans. Fond regards to all, W&C and Morita

Hi Ferry Jet-Setters! Thanks for travel info. I'm still waiting to hear from Katarina regarding various dates for different bike trips. Lady Dar, (I suppose she will turn into Señora de las Lágrimas/Senhora das Lágrimas in Portugal/Spain), or Lady Doloroso, needs to be back to discharge any Officiant duties between May 1st-October 31st, but I am more flexible, (Always have been, of course!), at least in terms of travel dates. I plan to send her a message to see what she knows, to date, as I'd like to start booking flights, etc. She may well send out an announcement since she's done so before.

On the firewood front, I spent a few hours on Monday afternoon, in the glorious sunshine, cutting up the wood that Guillermo and I hauled home on Saturday. Filled both of the large bins, (garbage and recycling), that we cannot use anymore since the city changed systems. Knew I'd find a use for them at some point! Perfect storage for such material. Even used a hatchet to split some of the flats as I went along. Couldn't ask for better kindling as wood is about 60 years old! Duke was quite curious but high-tailed it down the side of the house whenever I used saw. Etta never so much as took a look so I guess she was hiding somewhere. 


After heavy drizzle stopped, around 1:00 pm, this afternoon, I spent about an hour removing nails from about ten 2×4's, from salvage operation, that I didn't want to use as firewood. I plan to build a number of storage lockers, for bikes, on the north side of the house which is quite protected by roof overhang. Hope to make one more trip to Naramata site as there are more lengths of lumber that I can use  Take care of yourselves. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Project Kindling and Still Life with book, cats and fire!

Hike Thursday 17 Nov Kilian will lead a hike in the Cartwright rim area: 3-4 hours, rain or shine. Meet at HH Penticton at 0840, or IGA Summerland by 0900

Thank You note from Ariane: I don't know where the time goes but thank you so much for thinking of us! We had snow and rain today in Kamloops... skiing will begin in a couple of weeks :) I hope everyone is well and keeping warm by the fire! Love to you all, Ariane  Hi Ariane!
Please don't apologize for having time evaporate on you! Know the feeling well as it happens to me all of the time! Still busy here. Fondestos from Lady Doloroso to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!



No comments:

Post a Comment