Friday 4 November 2016

Day 48, Post-Op Sunshine Valley Blues: Friday, November 4th!

A king can stand people fighting but he can't last long if people start thinking. -Will Rogers, humorist (4 Nov 1879-1935) 


Champagne Charlie knocked on my door at 7:15 am and I went downstairs to have a mug of java while I made a couple of sandwiches for drive home. Made one trip to car before I went upstairs to shower and change. Back downstairs to enjoy a bowl of yogurt and sliced banana. Their phone had started ringing by 8:00 am as a flight one of their clients was on had been delayed by two hours and this had had a ripple effect on connections further along the journey to Buenos Aires! Poor Susannah had to mother hen the client! It was almost 9:30 am by the time I was ready to say goodbye. Thanked them both the wonderful stay and hospitality. Hope to see them in the early spring when they plan to visit.

Traffic was light and highway was dry so much nicer than when I drove in on Wednesday. Stopped at Costco, in Abbotsford, for gas and some needed groceries,  morning, and then on to Sunshine Valley where I had an hour or so, over a quick bite of lunch, with Big Al. He has a massive renovation project underway on the second, revenue cabin, he and Colleen bought last year. I parked at their cabin and then strolled up to work-site. He's doing a remarkable job and I know it will be quite a place once finished. Just as I was leaving, an elderly woman, walking her dog, Teddy, asked me for the number written on the Marriagemobile. Apparently she has a friend, coming from Banff, who wants to be married before Christmas! I borrowed pen and paper from Big Al and wrote down our home number as well. Who know, Lady Dar may well perform her first marriage ceremony on our way to Tinsel Town for Christmas! Chloë will fly down.

Drive back was a delight as roads continued to be. Home by 4:00 pm to find just the cats as Lady Dar was at a GFA meeting. She has started painting the hallway off the guest bathroom and it looked terrific. Was busy unloading the car when she returned so while I muled everything in she reclined on the couch in the Rumpus Room to watch The Young and the Useless! Didn't have dinner, (tasty broiled chicken and grits with Feta, courtesy of Lady Dar, while I did a mixed, green salad.), until about 8:00 pm and watched an episode of Elementary before getting ready for bed. It had been a long day for both of us so we were quite content to read for an hour or so before turning off our bedside lamps and saying goodnight. Great visit to Vancouver but wonderful to be home again!

Hello O Susannah/Champagne Charlie and The Penguin! Thank you both, Susannah and Champagne, for the wonderful stay and hospitality. Terrific to see you, of course, Janet! Fab to catch up even if we didn't use Chicago scoring! Remarkable bridge prizes more than made up for that, however!!!! Hope to see everyone, here in The Okanagan, in the not too, too distant future. Fondestos from Lady Dar to one and all. Must away as I want to do a session on stationary bike. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio, Chicago Guru and Card Shark Extraordinaire! Pics: Play and work Chez Pitchford!

Emailing: bridge pads.docx: To Charles Goren, (you wish) Let me know if you have trouble opening. Charlie We miss him already Hi Corinne, Just wanted you to know what a great visit we had with your hubby. He behaved quite well, by the way. Hopefully the next time you both come in and stay with us. Also, we are definitely looking at coming out in the Spring. It’s been way too long since we visited the Okanagan! Charlie

Glad you had such a great visit so sorry I missed it. Looking forward to seeing you in the Spring. Cheers Corinne

Hi again, Chaz/Carlos/Champagne, The Three Faces of Chicago Scoring! Thanks for the snap of me and MarriageMobile! It'll be worth more than a Warhol soon so you'd better trademark it! Also, appreciate bridge score pads but attachment wouldn't open as a pop-up said they were only for rubber bridge! Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Reno Man! Terrific to see you and your latest project! My hat goes off to you in terms of the sheer amount of work involved but know that your astonishing capabilities will surmount any obstacles thrown in the way to what will surely be a remarkable space. Thanks, as well, for bowl of soup.

Pleasant drive home, without incident, so was home to Lady Dar, Etta and Duke, by 4:00 pm. Pics: Sunshine Valley work-site!

Hi Pat, I don’t think it was clear from the reference request that we had set up our profile as a couple based on Galiano. I thought it would be easier to send you what we wrote about ourselves so you can incorporate me into the ref. We need to have what we said and what you say jive. I guess we could see if we can delete the one you sent and replace it with the fabrication! Sorry to make this more complicated for you. Thanks so much for helping us with this. Cheers, Jane
 

Introduction: Adventurous world travellers who reside on an organic farm on Galiano Island - a short ferry ride on the Salish Sea from Vancouver, British Columbia. We live for gardening, cooking, cycling, hiking, travel, family, and pets. We enjoy daily walks to the ocean with our dog Morita, a border collie. Curious and caring about our natural world - its many people, and cultures: music, food, history, art, literature, languages and architecture. Why we want to house sit: We are interested in house sitting so we can experience a new community in another country. George and I enjoy meeting new people and building friendships wherever we are. We are passionate about nature and the outdoors. We love walking and cycling and would love to use your house as our base. We like to discover new markets and to cook with local ingredients. In exchange for accommodation, we will provide excellent personal care and attention to your pets and living space. We look forward to getting to know all we can about your home, your furry friends and community. We come with wonderful references too
 
What we bring to the assignment/relevant experience: We have enjoyed house sitting opportunities across North America from Seattle to Boston, Toronto to Vancouver to Whitehorse, Yukon and points between. We have taken care of a variety of animals in each setting. We can provide references from many Canadian and US locations both rural and urban. 

Hello Galiano Couple! You might consider having Morita send out your requests for house sitting references! I did wonder about whether to mention Calamity or not but decided to proceed as place belongs to Giggster, unless it is now in the pre-nup! I'm pleased to write another false reference request but it would help if you could send me what I did write. Let me know, otherwise I'll just muddle through! I wanted to make copy, to protect the innocent, but once it was submitted, I couldn't page back. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both. Once she has paint off her nose she'll try to find what we still might have on Tokyo. Let me know how to proceed with false accusations! Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Happy belated Halloween, Patrick, from your tardy friend Yda. I have not even wished you happy and speedy recuperation wishes to your 2nd hip replacement. And that's a pretty big deal. I did get your email (book???) but was in Vegas then and life (work) has just been a tad too much since. And off to Florida on Remembrance Day. But thinking of you (both), and trust you are just about to take on another 50 km bike race. Love to you all Yda  Hi Little Yda and the Imperiales!!Great to hear that you enjoyed my most recently published book! Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both. Travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, Just so that you know, I have not been able to open up any of your email invitations, ...I guess our adobe account is not new enough, and I am going the get the "Computer" tech fellow to come up and upgrade everything, but right now I just don't have time. I am just so busy with new art, and now represented by TUTT STREET GALLERY, KELOWNA BC, and I have been asked to be the artist for the Meadowlark Nature Festival, so all in all exciting times.
 

 I must tell you that you are really missed on the hikes, and it is sad that a few of us have been asked to step in and take the odd photo. They are of poor quality and of course there are only one or two, and we are just hobbling along with out you. However, the girls tell me that you are doing very well, and that your hip is healing quickly and you are generally in very good health. This news makes me happy! Please continue to take good care of yourself, All the best to you and Corrine, Dorothy

Hi Dorothea! Sorry to here that you couldn't open any of the ecards. You are among a number of recipients to mention this. One friend discovered it was his Flash settings in his Safari extensions which needed attention. If you use Safari as a browser, perhaps this is the same problem. 
Congratulations, indeed, on being represented at Tutt Street Gallery and for the appointment as artist for the Meadowlark Nature Festival. Bravo! Hip Hip Hooray! Thank you, as well, for your ever kind compliments about being missed on hikes. I certainly miss the gang! Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you. She sends her congratulations as well! Slow down! Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Norfolk Pine seems to be doing nicely inside, in spite of efforts by Etta and Duke to chew a few needles! They much prefer the Japanese Maples, however, you'll be relieved to know!
 
Thanks for the e card Patrizzio! Could not open it up.. but nice of you to send it.
Cheers JW
Hi Joan! You are the third person I've heard from who couldn't open the ecard. Cheers, Patrizzio!

I'll be at the Penticton Hospital for a 1000 am hearing.  I'll call you when we're done. Al Hi Big Al Hospital is not even five minutes form our place. When you are ready, give us shout and we'll send limo! Actually, The MarriageMobile! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Sir Patrick and Lady Coriander. A lovelt Haloween Card.Cat and mouse.Pat will love it when I tell her about it!I hope all well with your hip and no doubt you will be on your bike soon. All well here and busy with work and singing. Audition for Bach Choir went very well and sang with some professional singers in Verdi Requiem.I pulled my neck and hopefully it will be better soon.All our love to you both.Sir James and Lady Pat. Hi Sir James! Glad you enjoyed the card. Hope your neck is better by now. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick and Corinne, hope your Halloween was a good one! The rain kept Dave and I from going out trick or treating :). Hope you got lots of treats.
Best, Patrizzia
Hi Patrizzia and Ever Grumpy Winemaker! We had some rain ourselves and so only a few goblins. Are you around, week or so before Christmas? Be great to see you if so. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, We are now thinking about 2017 and things to do. Thanks for your cards always fun. So I had a random thought. Are you intending doing the GranFondo in 2017 again if so when and how much to get on board? I am thinking of just coming over and having a ride with a friend and share a few laughs and perhaps a few blisters. In terms of our other thoughts, in order, help with our new grandchild a bit, go camping again, renovate our flat at the gold coast, do a bike ride with a friend, do the winter Rhine River cruise with all the other grey nomads from Amsterdam to Budapest in November/December. Cheers Greg and Claire

Hi Brisbanites! Great to hear from you! Certainly hope to ride the GrandFondo again in 2017 so it would be a delight if you joined me! Might even persuade Sarge to ride as well. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi Patrick Hope all went well for your 6 week check up. All is well here. I had my x rays Friday last week and they went on to our favourite surgeon. I don't need to see him unless he calls. My recovery is going well. Off to Terrace next week for work. Next time I am in Penticton I will call you and we can meet for coffee.
 


Take care Christian and Barbara Hi Christian! Glad you passed with flying colours and are doing well. Congratulations, especially having had both hips done! Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Chloë with friends, Dawn and Gerry, [From Terrace, interestingly enough!], at Cat's Social House on Wednesday afternoon. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment