Tuesday 22 November 2016

Day 66, Post-Op Toni Onley Landscape Blues: Tuesday, November 22nd!

The color of truth is grey. -Andre Gide, author, Nobel laureate (22 Nov 1869-1951)


Hi Patrick, Thank you very much for your emails and photos. When I come home I am going to send you a photo of our family member, cat Mica. I think, she will be glad to pose me how she knows to enjoy relax on my parent´s sofa. My apologize for late response. I was on the place with not good internet connection.

I am putting together all the information about the trips next year. If you are interested in dates, I can write you them before I finish the nice posters with the description and pictures: Bicycling Hungary 1st trip: May 15-May 28, 2nd trip: May 29 - June 11

Then back to Slovakia and doing Hiking and Spa relax trip: June 12 - June 25 (accomodation in two hotels, one week in High Tatras, another week in Spa hotel in a beautiful valley Turcianska kotlina with spa and treatment procedures, both weeks hiking and exploring the area) Then I am ready for Slovakia Bicycling trip and other trips in Slovakia. I am open with dates. Before I continue, I may need a couple of days rest to visit my family in Bardejov. I hope that I helped you to organize your tentative planes at least by letting you know these dates. Best regards, Katarina


Hi Katerina, et al!Glad you are well. Look forward to seeing Mica! Thanks for supplying the dates for the two trips in Hungary. This information certainly helps me to plan my/our travel. While I am not as keen on the Hiking and Spa trip I am very interested in biking in Slovakia, so I would be interested to see the itinerary when you have settled details. Since Lady Dar will be back in Penticton, just before the beginning of May, I probably won't return to Canada until after the biking excursion in Slovakia, date(s), permitting. [Whirlygig/Calamity, there is also the possibility of a stopover in Norway, (We are most likely booking on Icelandair.), so I'd like some dates from you. Even if we cannot connect, I would like to see Patrizzio the Younger, again, dates/costs permitting.] 

Spent a wonderful time at the Penticton Art Gallery, late this morning, where we took in a terrific exhibition: Toni Onley Landscapes 1965 - 1988. In fact, there were other works from when he first started painting, on the Isle of Man, his birthplace, to the artistically important time in Mexico, in San Miguel de Allende. He lived in Penticton from 1955-1957 and apparently his parents and sister still reside here. It was a delight to see so many of the Okanagan vistas and landscapes that I've come to know and appreciate as a result of hiking in this area.

Salt degustation in Niederfinow, Germany
Photo: Ralf Roletschek/Wikimedia
[DEGUSTATION:
 
MEANING:
 
noun: Tasting samples of a variety of similar foods or drinks.

ETYMOLOGY:
 
From Latin degustare (to taste), from de- (completely) + gustare (to taste). Ultimately from the Indo-European root geus- (to taste or choose), which also gave us choice, choose, gusto, ragout, and disgust. Earliest documented use: 1651.]
 
Look forward to hearing from everyone. Mary Lee, [Thanks for call this morning, by the way. Sorry I couldn't chat longer!], I have included you as you expressed an interest in joining one of the biking tours. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Okanagan scenes; last two are early works.

Hi! Patrick: Great chatting with you ............... even though it was a quick one!! Since I am in ON for my Dad's kidney surgery & take care of Mom till April 12th. I am definitely interested in the hiking & spa trip in June. I am interested in biking in Slovakia & Poland too.Hope to see you before I leave for Maui on Fri. Dec. 2-10th. Thanks for your Xmas Open House invite. I am just getting back from Hawaii that morning but we will be there. Our annual Xmas Open House is on Friday, Dec. 16th @ 6:00 pm. If you are still in town, pls stop by for some Xmas cheer. Hugs, Mary Le

Hi Patrice, Ah I see, good I can stop squinting so hard looking at the pictures of everyone knowing that recognition won’t occur although there’s always the 6 degrees of separation that could come into play so always fun to have a look anyway. I have to say I am very happy that you two have made such a nice home for yourselves up there and met such a fascinating and friendly group from tick eaters to old college friends!.

We had a nice weekend with Colleen and the kids making their way up to the valley and Maureen on Saturday to join us for the Alpine potluck which was small but fun.


Of course being the community minded person that I am I wound up having a 2-1/2 hour meeting on Saturday morning regarding the Sunshine community cooperative club and another for the Alpine board at 3 followed by the potluck. still not sure weather it’s better to get it all done at once or not but anyway I did so don’t have to think about it for a little while. 

We did get quite a bit done on the cabin and got three quarters of it sheathed, insulated and the Tyvek house wrap around the outside so quite a relief to have that all waterproofed. I came home Sunday afternoon and Pick Jeremy, Lil and Sally the very large dog they are taking care of and head back up tomorrow morning and work on the very front section to hopefully get the whole bottom sealed up and happy for winter and move on to getting the front lower wall pushed out to the edge of the deck. 

I will send some pics. to update you on the progress. I really look forward to spending some time together soon! and would love to meet some of your new friends too. Take care and talk soon. xoxoAl 

Hi 6º of Separation/Tyvek Man! Glad to learn that you don't need bifocals on account of my album! Very pleased to hear that you have made such headway on cabin. Wonderful indeed and I'm sure you are very pleased, as mentioned. Buona Fortuna with finishing up last section, especially as you are so busy with community affairs.

Lady Dar is busing into Vancouver this Thursday, for her Book Club on Monday. I'll be at home, taking care of Etta and Duke and continuing with rehab. Had my second React session this afternoon and am pleased with how deep water-walking, (with a flotation belt), helps with stretching and resistance. Next week I plan to take my goggles and start swimming, (gradually, but a few laps at first), after I've done about an hour of the prescribed exercises. Also enjoy the sauna, steam room and hot tub. Water jets, in latter, provide a wonderful massage.

Must away as we are off to Mile Zero, the wine bar on Ellis, this evening and we are having some appetizers and a bottle of wine beforehand, just to prime the pump! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Picked up wine at Terravista on Sunday and had their red, 2015 Syrah, 14.4%, for dinner last night! Gangbuster! Bob and Senka, pressing this year's red! Dinner!

Thinking about this! Thanks for the invitation! We know it will be super! Jo-Anne Hi Marps! Sorry you won't be able to join us!  Take care of yourselves and hope to see you, one way or another, since not at the Open House, then at some other point in space and time! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi! Patrick: Great chatting with you ............... even though it was a quick one!! Since I am in ON for my Dad's kidney surgery & take care of Mom till April 12th. I am definitely interested in the hiking & spa trip in June. I am interested in biking in Slovakia & Poland too. Hope to see you before I leave for Maui on Fri. Dec. 2-10th. Thanks for your Xmas Open House invite. I am just getting back from Hawaii that morning but we will be there. Our annual Xmas Open House is on Friday, Dec. 16th @ 6:00 pm. If you are still in town, pls stop by for some Xmas cheer. Hugs, Mary Lee
 
Hi Dynamo Woman! I'll be home all weekend, except for Saturday morning, and then all next week, except for React, Tuesday and Thursday, between 1:00 pm-3:00 pm. Hope to see you, one way or another, at some point before you leave for Maui! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

OK….sounds like Wednesday (tomorrow) works for both of us Patrick. I will drop by around 1000 am and we can decide from there OK. St Kilian! Poifect, Mr Apex, I'll have the java ready for you and perhaps even a slice or two of lemon cake, from Christmas Fair!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment