Wednesday 9 November 2016

Day 53, Post-Op No Trump Blue Blue Blues: Wednesday, November 9th!

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. -Carl Sagan, astronomer and writer (9 Nov 1934-1996) 


Up to have the dire forebodings of the election confirmed: Trump has been elected President! Who knows if this will usher in a better world for the US and the Global Village we inhabit! I must admit that if the massive tectonic shift in the political landscape he caused results in significant, meaningful, constructive, difficult change on all fronts, then perhaps this is, in the final analysis, a positive occurrence. Time will tell!!!

Hi Arno! It was a delight to meet you last Saturday, at the Christmas Fair. Hope your time there was well worth the endeavour. My wife and I certainly enjoyed ourselves. Trust our paths will cross again, in the not too, too distant future. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Savanah van Lent (TrustedHousesitters.com) Hello Patrick, Thank you for the message. I have removed the reference you have provided for George. If you need anything else, let us know. Kind Regards, Savanah Customer Care AdvisorTrustedHousesitters.com [support@trustedhousesitters.com] Hello Dunn, Patrick, We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below: How would you rate the support you received? Good, I'm satisfied It took very little time for the change I requested to be acted upon. I was contacted quickly and clearly.by Savannah van Lent. Thank you. Well done! Bravo!! Cheers, Patrick Dunn! 
Hi Patrick, I have managed to strain my lower back along the belt line and lower right cheek. I think it was the combination of very little exercise in two months then coming home doing lots of shovelling. It was a repetitive twisting motion. I went to the walkin clinic and saw a young doctor who put me through some tasks. I have very good range of motion in my hips and no pain from twisting legs and knees and thumping cheek and lower back. He recommended ibeprophen. 
I played one set of tennis this morning and my back flared up again. I will try some Robaxacet on the recommendation of our new, young bone cruncher neighbour. I really like Richard Cannings and the points that you raise are good ones. LIberal Tory same old story. I hope to be one the mend shortly. Our daughter and family arrive tomorrow for five days. Take care. Tim

Hi Robaxacet Man! Sorry to hear that your back flared up again. I was a tad concerned when Aarturo said you had played tennis the other day. [We called last night to wish them Bon Voyage.] Raking leaves at our home in Vancouver could put out my back! At any rate, I don't know what other advice you may have been given but from my own experience, I know that one's stomach muscles are key to helping support your back. I have found that contracting these muscles and then pressing one's back into the bed mattress or floor, (when possible to assume that position), holding for a count of 10, or more, or as long as is comfortable, helps relieve the muscle spasms.
Once you have passed the "tender" stage, doing gentle sit-ups, with bended knees, hands folded across your chest, can begin to strengthen stomach muscles as well. At first, just lift up very little and then increase angle as you feel better and stronger. Again, I found that being quite disciplined about these few exercises really, really helped and I urge you to consider this a daily regimen. Start slowly and gently, even if only for a few minutes and then gradually increase duration and intensity. Key is to actually not put it off and just do something, no matter how little. This way you don't defeat yourself or give yourself an excuse to do it later or tomorrow or tomorrow or tomorrow!

Chloë is flying in tonight for the weekend so looks like we'll both be entertaining family! Enjoy the visit as I'm sure you will. Take two Robaxacet and call me in the morning! Trust you'll be feeling better soon, Tim. Cheers, Patrizzio!
[Pardon me?] Hi Wild Bill, (and I don't mean Clinton!): You are a tough man, not waiting a minute to kick Hillary when she's down! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Really doesn't take, long does it? 

Hi Patrizio, Always a pleasure to hear from you and ogle over the photos of the good life you and Lady Dar are enjoying in the wilds of B.C. You and I must have really polished off more than 1 bottle of red that night you were here as Susan had to remind me that I gave you a full bag of prize goodies. Honestly could not remember. I am sure you will use them well and parcel them out carefully to only the ones who really won. As for the end of the world happening today it did not. Everyone seems to be making nice, and now Trump is truly in the politicians club. Surprised mostly that the stock market didn’t crash – in fact the opposite. So we may still have enough money to travel the world next year, including a stopover at the Lady Dar (formerly Island) Inn. All the best. Charlie

Hi CCC Rider! Enjoyed a very entertaining evening of bridge with The Babes! As it turned out, I came out with high score! I know this is very hard for you to accept and believe but that is the way Life is! Anyhow, Lady Dar and I do not put ourselves in the ring for the bridge prizes so both Pamela, 2nd highest, and Olga Polga, 4th, received a bag each of your more than wonderful prizes, (You need to learn to hold your liquour Champagne!), and were absolutely delighted! They now hope to play at your place next time they are in Vancouver so get ready for the Okanagan Invasion!
 
With respect to your travel, don't worry about the Stock Market as you should spend, spend spend! At least this is Lady Dar's approach to fiscal responsibility! Chloë is arriving around midnight so I must away to get ready to collect her. Have a few dishes to do and then brush and floss so that I can plunk my head on the pillow as soon as we are back home. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. She won't accompany me to to the airport, preferring to read until we return. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Olga and Pamela; with fabulous prizes; Arrivederci!  
 
Young Pat, Sorry to hit you with the Hillary joke so soon after her fall. I am still in shock over the results.. It could be a bumpy 4 years.. I can see some redneck voting for Trump... but almost 1/2 the electorate is just unbelievable. There are so many reasons for the mess.. but he is just such a despicable man... Who knows. 

You and Lady Dar certainly lead a charmed life. I am very happy for you both. There are times that I would enjoy a tipple, but then think of the warnings from my wonderful doctor.. I still also have a hard time thinking of these young women doctors , as being old enough to take care of me. My family doctor is listed in the top 10 in Saint John and is very highly respected, so I know that I am lucky to have her.
 
These old folks taking on the job of restoring older homes is also amazing. A 74 year old couple just recently bought my aunt's home, that was built in the 50s... but very poorly built and is in terrible shape. It sits on a beautiful 2 1/2 acre lot.. but the house has much dry rot, and a host of other problems.. I hope they do well.. but at 74, it might be a better idea just to build a casket... wow, the election has really put me in a dark place...LOL. Enjoy yourselves Kid, and I look forward to hearing from you again soon... Cheers.... Bill

Hi Wild Bill! I'm certainly extremely pleased to learn that you are so well taken care of, medically speaking! We feel very fortunate to have been able to find a family practitioner, here in Penticton, as nobody but nobody was taking on new patients! Your aunt's home sound like quite a project. I'm afraid I'm too old to want to start down that road again! Don't even want to cut grass! Prefer to spend my time hiking, cycling, tippling and playing bridge. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Bridge Babes, et al! Enjoyed a very, very entertaining evening of bridge with The Babes! [Pamela reneged twice, in one hand, but we didn't penalize her for first infraction but when she did it again, she was punished!] Fondestos from Lady Dar to one and all. She
won't accompany me to to the airport, preferring to read and sip single malt until we return. Keep tuned for next week's game. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Next Monday Peter has offered to take us up Finley Creek near Garnet Lake. So we will meet at the IGA parking lot at 9am in Summerland and Pentictonites can carpool at 8:40 am at Home Hardware.   

No comments:

Post a Comment