Wednesday 16 November 2016

Day 60, Post-Op Rolly Polly Pamela × 2 Blues: Wednesday, November 16th!

Remember, when the judgment's weak, the prejudice is strong. -Kane O'Hara, composer and playwright (1711/1712-1782)


Playing bridge tonight with The Babes. Lady Dar has her Book Club so she won't be along. On Thursday I have my first session at React so curious to see what physio thinks about how I'm doing. Later that afternoon we have a Kitchen Stove, (I prefer "Kitchen Sink"!), film, Our Little Sister, "a 2015 Japanese film directed by Hirokazu Koreeda, starring Haruka Ayase, Masami Nagasawa, Kaho and Suzu Hirose. It tells the story of three sisters in their 20s who live together in Kamakura, and are joined by their 14-year-old half sister after their father dies. The film is based on the manga series Umimachi Diary by Akimi Yoshida." This is travel homework for Calamaity and Whirlygig, off to Japan in April of next year.

Two or three wine club Fall releases to collect over next few days so need to drink a case or two beforehand to make room in cellar! Sunday I'm off to a malt tasting and dinner with Jugos. Around noon Rosemary and Andre, friends from England/France, (Where my bike is stashed!), arrive, via Kelowna, [They've been in Vancouver for a week or so, already.], for a few nights. Lady Dar has invited Lynne for dinner as Peter and I will be carousing from 3:00 pm- 9:00 pm!
 

Lady Doloroso will soon be off to join The Flatlanders for their weekly Wednesday walk. I've been charged with laying a fire and vacuuming while she is away. Little does she know I will be in Rumpus Room watching Netflix! 

Hi Katerina! Trust you are well. Just wondering what travel information and various dates for different bike trips you may have decided upon. I know Jane and George are also interested in joining one of tours, Slovakia, I believe. Take care of yourself, Katerina. Hope to hear from you. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hello Malt Men! I'm keen to take part in this offering. If I can drum up 10 fellow investors, (total 11), cost per share would be around $208, which translates into 4 bottles @$52 per bottle. I am very impressed with Grant's product. Have tasted and purchased each one. Noteworthy Gin doesn't last very long, unfortunately! Since malt has always been what drove him to open distillery in the first instance, I have every confidence that it will be something worth having. Anyway, let me know, the sooner the better, what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Andrew, Dunners sent me this, contact him if you are interested. Mick

Hi Mc Patrick You can count me in for one share with the following conditions:
1. If distillery goes broke before we receive product , I get to raid your extensive liquor cabinet to recompense myself. 2. If your recommendation of excellent quality, does not meet my exacting standards, I can dump my share on you. 3. You manage to get at least one free whiskey glass for each participant. Sounds like a very interesting venture. Slainte Mick


Hi McScrooge! You drive a very hard bargain! You've obviously watched too, too much US election coverage! Probably be cheaper to buy your share myself!!! Anyway, pleased you are interested. Jugos Dom Pedro and I will be receiving our four bottles of Shelter Point before Christmas so looking forward to them. Tasting we had, a few weeks ago, was wonderful.

In the very initial stages of planning our next overseas junket. Just back from walking down to Red Cross to return my crutches. Gorgeous day. Etta and Duke are sunning themselves on patio chairs.  Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Quail in neighbour's tree across back lane. About a dozen of them but couldn't really capture but one or two as they disappeared into tree branches. Felines, watching them from front window are driven crazy when they strut past on sidewalk! Etta sunning with her new collar!

Hi Pat I sent your email re malt to Hobbsy , because he has a taste for a good scotch. He has had a knee replaced now , so has one bionic hip and on bionic knee. Apart from that, he is doing well and I see him on a regular basis.
Poor old Dave Haddleton is now in a "home" because his Alzheimer's is at an advanced stage. Hobbsy and Cookie went to see him last Sunday and they said he seemed pleased to see them, but definitely not" with it. " All rather depressing.
 

On a more positive note we have a couple of holidays planned for next year. In May we are visiting my sister in Philadelphia and spending some time in New York and Washington ( that is assuming we can still cross the border). Then at the end of October we are off to the Uk and Spain for about a month. I have booked a walking holiday in Spain , near Valencia, then a visit with Pauline's sister Aileen on the "costa blanca" and then some time in Sussex with my sister. I don't want to spend another November In Vancouver, really lousy weather.
Sorry we missed you on your visit to Vancouver, a combination of flu, jet lag , and general lethargy seemed to get in the way!!
 

I don't seem to play much bridge these days, but Pauline is still very keen and plays duplicate on Thursday and with her lady friends twice a week. Christmas planning is well under way in the carter household and seems to get more complicated every year. My voice is seldom heard , so I just go with the flow with the odd grumble thrown in. When are next in the big metropolis? Hopefully we can see you both then. Cheers Mick PS I got my case of wine from Terra Vista and it included a 2015 bottle of Syrah. Can't wait to sample it.

Hi MYScotland! Read your blog a day or so ago and was delighted with vivid descriptions but rather dismayed to learn of your Mom's nasty fall. Mind the Gap indeed! Glad you managed at least one tasting!  Cheers, Patrizzio!

[Enjoying a Chardonnay on Kangaroo Island] Hi Kangaroo Woman! Looks like a wonderful drop! Where and when? Fondestos from Lady Dar, reading by the fire. Buona Fortuna and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Chloë! Some recent shots. Etta was sunning herself this afternoon. New collar! Yesterday, Picasso Woman moved all the jackets from hall closet so that she could paint. It has now become a new "favourite" bed! Painting!

Great pics D, thanks!!! ❤️ Smoosh my sibs for me!😘🐱 Hi again, Chloë! Glad you enjoyed your kittens. Duke was just reprimanded by Nana as he was hopping up onto her desk and carrying off any paper he could sink his teeth into! Evidence that butter dish has been violated, yet again, as smear marks all over stove top and adjacent counter top where I think he has pushed the cover! Love and Cheers, Dad! Pics: Rambunctious Boy back home, cleaning up after exploring back lane. He is now going beyond Norm's garage, just across the way. Soon he'll be taking classes at Pen Hi!

Hello Bridge Playing Folk! Enjoyed a fun-filed evening at Tiffany Gardens with The Babes this evening!  I managed to finagle the top-score but The Sisterhood were all nipping at my heels. Thanks for hosting, Spumoni, and for the more than tasty nibbles and wonderful bridge prizes. Thanks for driving, once again, Pamela. Bon Voyage to Olga Polga, off to Peru on Friday. Travel safely with Craig and we'll see you in early December. Lady Dar and I will host next week so please let us know who will be available. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Mick! Just back from enjoying a fun-filed evening at Tiffany Gardens with The Babes!  I managed to finagle the top-score but The Sisterhood were all nipping at my heels. Spumoni hosted and  provided more than tasty nibbles and wonderful bridge prizes. Didn't have to worry about how much I had to drink as Pamela was the the very tolerant chauffeur. Wished Bon Voyage to Olga Polga, off to Peru on Friday, with her husband, Craig. They'll be back in early December so hope to see them before we are off to LA. Lady Dar and I will host next week.

Probably won't be in Vancouver until mid-December, en route to Tinsel Town, so I don't think we'll be able to connect for a bit, unfortunately. Don't worry about missing each other on last visit as I was pretty tight for time, myself. Thanks for passing along malt message to Sir Andrew. I'm hoping to find more potential investors this Sunday at malt tasting with Jugos.

Your travel plans sound lovely. Lady Dar wants to spend a couple of months away from Penticton, although November isn't nearly as unpleasant as what you seem to have had to endure. I loved your side-splitting comment, with respect to Christmas planning, about "going with the flow with the odd grumble thrown in!" Had me in stitches. The despair and defeat of The Brotherhood! Makes me want to give you unfettered access to the malt cabinet, such is your plight in the face of The Sisterhood's implacability!

You lucky sod, with respect to Terravista! We still have to collect our release and I'm very keen to taste the 2015 Syrah as well. Lady Dar picked up the Poplar Grove release today and in the next day or so, we'll try the white, 2015 Collectif, (39% Riesling, 33% Chardonnay, 12% Viognier, 16% Marsanne and Rousanne), 13.5 %, new to us, and to the winery, as well, I believe.

Must away as I think we plan to watch a series, again, new to us:


Y Gwyll (English translation: The Dusk), titled in the English-language version Hinterland, is a Celtic noir police detective drama series broadcast on S4C in Welsh. The main character, DCI Tom Mathias, is played by Richard Harrington. On 27 November 2013, a second series was announced by S4C. An English language version, with brief passages of Welsh dialogue, aired on BBC One Wales. When it was aired on the BBC in 2014, it was the first BBC television drama with dialogue in both English and Welsh A third series of the show began filming in January 2016 and debuted on S4C on 30 October.Do you know it? Buona Fortuna with the Xmas grumbling! Bah Humbug, Patrizzio! Pics: Tonight's bridge gathering!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment