Tuesday 1 November 2016

Day 47, Post-Op El Cheapo Movie Blues: Tuesday, November 1st!

The wisest man is he who does not fancy that he is so at all. -Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux, poet and critic (1 Nov 1636-1711)


Tummler, hope this finds you well and in full recovery mode. I am desperately trying to finish the vital construction stuff before getting away in Jan -- and I may never recover. Jane and I are trying to set up some house sitting arrangements on our travels and hope that you and Corinne can take advantage when we find something interesting where you are travelling.
 

You will get a request for a reference direct from Trusted House Sitters. This is your opportunity to wax on about us, Duke and Ella and how competently we have taken care of them and your digs while you swan around...I know, I know what you are thinking - we are becoming 'professional' freeloaders. There is some truth to that...
 

Let us know when you are in the big smoke so we can coordinate a visit. Mike Oliver says you are California bound in December? Fond regards to all, W&CJ

Jane and I have joined TrustedHousesitters, a global house and pet sitting website. Please would you provide a reference for me to include on my profile page? It only takes a minute or two to complete and will show home and pet owners that I am the right person to care for their home while they are away.
  
Hello Professional Freeloaders! Well, I just committed perjury, so thanks a lot!  Must away as I need to sort out the few things I need to pack. Off to Vancouver tomorrow for 6 week follow-up with Clive Duncan. Schedule is almost like being a high ranking politician! Seeing friend from Terrace after 3:00 pm at GI then having dinner, prepared by Chef Ragin' , at his palce, Wednesday evening then staying with Flamin'/Sarge for the night. Two doctor's appointment on Thursday then dropping to VWF office to say hello before heading out to East Van to have dinner with the Pitchforks and then bridge there with The Penguin, aka Janet Scott. Friday I'm off to Abbotsford, reasonably early, for groceries and gas at Costco and then stopping at Sunshine Village to see Big Al for an hour or so! If it's Tuesday it must be Galiano! Saturday we are attending a pot-luck for Dick Cannings so I plan to see if my schedule is busier than his! My new hip already needs replacing!!!
 

Yes, we are Tinsel Town bound in early December. Departure date not set in stone yet so let us know your schedule as we'd love to connect and collect the payola for lying through my teeth, on your behalf, to Trusted House Sitters!Must away now as I want to leave reasonably early on Wednesday morning in order to be in Vancouver in early afternoon to start the gerbil wheel moving! Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both. Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio! Just thought about something. Do you need for me to pick you up somewhere on the 3rd to get to the Chateau? I don’t mind. I’ll be fairly sober that early in the evening! Chaz Hi Chaz Champagne Pumpkin Man! Thanks for offer to collect me somewhere but I will be driving the new Marriagemobile so will be fine. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you and O Susannah. See you both soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, We think meeting after we see our lawyer is best. We could meet you at Granville Island. Do you have a number we can call you at? By the way we really would like to see you. 😘 Cheers, Dawn Hi Donna Maria! Meeting after you see your lawyer will be fabulo, although I'm rather disappointed not to be included! You can reach me on my cell or at Sarge's. Latter is better as I can barely use my mobile and his number is not long distance! I just talked to Sarge a few minutes ago and he will be home tomorrow afternoon so I will go directly to their place once in city. Slight change of plans as I'll be staying with them Wednesday night, instead of upstairs. Just means I'll have a chance to see more of them. Originally, two of Flamin's brothers were to be visiting but now they are not arriving until after I leave. We can decide where to meet at GI as there are scads of places, as you well know.


Earlier this evening we had a wonderful meal at Lee's, (I ordered the Won Wonton soup with shrimp, chicken and vegetables and it was unbelievably good! Could hardly finish the huge bowl and that is saying something for me!). The Accountant was more than enjoyable. Not great art but certainly not a typical bang-bang, mystery thriller. I did like Ben Affleck and am curious to see the gangsta movie that is his next, coming out in a month or so, Live by Night. Based on a novel, of the same name, by Dennis Lehane, and we both like his work very much. Pretty good entertainment, especially at $13 for both of us! 

[Ernest Hemingway at a Havana bar (date unknown)]

Walked there and back and my hip feels terrific. Lovely evening but a few drops of rain just as we were a block from home. Must away as I need to sort out the few things I need to pack. Take care of each other and we'll chat tomorrow. Fondestos from Lady Dar, playing with her kittens! delighted we can connect and really looking forward to seeing you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Your favourite kittens getting up to no good, Donna Maria! Gang at Lee's: Michaelo/Mariolla, Craig/Olga Polga, Spumoni, and Blind Drunk Lady Dar!
 
[A native American watching the newly completed transcontinental railroad in Nevada (1868)]


Must away now as I've to start on my various sets of exercises and then think about packing what I need for my Vancouver sojourn. We are meeting a number of friends from hiking group for a quick bite at Lee's, a local restaurantat, at 4:45 pm, before going to an early show, The Accountant. Have you seen it? Want to leave reasonably early on Wednesday morning in order to be in Vancouver in early afternoon, as mentioned, and would like to have car loaded this evening., busy preparing parsnip soup as I scribe.

[Archduke Franz Ferdinand with his wife on the day they are assassinated, which contributed to the start of WWI (1914)]


Is it this Wednesday day you are here?  For how long?  Hi Pauline! Yes, this coming Wednesday is when I arrive in Vancouver. As I mentioned, I'm having dinner with Branko around 6:00 pm. Thursday evening I'm staying with Champagne Charlie and O Susannah and playing bridge with them and The Penguin, aka, Janet Scott, so Wednesday is the only free slot on my dance card! If life is too complicated, why not just pop over to Branko's around 7:30 pm and at least we can have a visit if bridge isn't an option. Again, let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Sorry didn't reply. Will have to catch up next time. Hello Famiglia Carter! Sorry we couldn't connect! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

[A US soldier offering his hand to a woman leaving a cave during WWII.]

Hi all social butterflies, This place is quite popular on Tuesday nights :-) so 4:45 is the latest in my opinion. Cheers, Mike Hi movie friends, Just a short note to let you know Mike had a good suggestion that we meet a bit earlier at Lee's to make sure we have lots of time to enjoy a relaxed bite before the movie. Craig and I will be there by 4:45 and we'll see you there when you get there. Hugs, Olly Hi All, Lee's likes reservations for large groups so I have made one for 4:45-5pm under Mike and Olly's names. They are expecting 7 of us. See you there, Corinne cool, thanks very much. Mike

[A Russian spy laughing through his execution (1939)]
 
Hi Chopstick and Movie Fans! Lovely meal and visit so thanks to everyone. Enjoy bridge tomorrow and for those away to other climes, travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Gang with Lady Dar, blind drunk!  

Patriçio, My apologies, but menu option 2) is has been removed, as I have already shopped all afternoon for ingredients for option 1). No worries, I have the algorithm planed to a “t” with time left over to tidy up my place, vacuum, clean the bathroom, … auurrghhhhh … I forgot the candles. Can you bring a couple?
 

[Execution of a German communist in Munich (1919)]

Hopefully, with the MarriageMobile parked outside, we will not be interrupted too often by starry eyed, marriage seeking couples. but just in case, get a briefing from Lady Dar for the 5 minute version. c u //bjp

Hi Chef! Deeply saddened as I am at the removal of my first choice from Menu Chez Perić, I do trust that the proffered menu can compare to my fabulous soup of last night! Back home, before sorting out the few things I needed to pack for Vancouver, Lady Dar gave me instructions in the 30 second wedding ritual so we should be fine for any stray couples needing to hitched! Seeing friends from Terrace after 3:00 pm at GI so will probably give you a call shortly before I'm headed your way. Looking forward to seeing you and catching up. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Wonton Challenge!

[Fidel Castro and Malcolm X (1960)]
 
Hi Pat, my schedule this week is 7:30 to 4:00 for the balance of this week .I’ll have the dosh with me for my case “o” vino .I’m looking forward to cooking meals to pair with the selections and also of course just enjoying a sip with my beloved. The wedding car looks great. I suggest you sit in the rear on the way down as to not dissuade any future customers. “CHEERS” … Steve…

[106-year-old Armenian woman protecting her home with An AK-47 (1990)]


I have posted some photos on facebook of my kayak trip and Grande canyon backpack.  Can't remember what I told you before but I was back a day earlier from my Grande canyon backpack as my friend got sick at the furthest most point and we were helicoptered out!! National park s service courtesy and we didn't have to pay. We had 3 fabulous days before and I think in the best area of GC. My friend hasn't backpacked this year so she wasn't fast but good as the views all the time were superb and I was able to sit and relax in the beautiful surroundings. 

[Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein debating over quantum mechanics (1925)]


The Peru trip with Kathy still looks positive and hope to book flights soon. However probably won't be booking flights till around Nov 10 as some arrangements for Kathy won't get finalized till then. Kelsey here from around Dec 10 for over a month so we are planning climbing and backpacks. Aaron and Gwen coming for Xmas so couldn't wish any better.
 

Planning 2 more backpacks in November, big hike with Phil and friends tomorrow, climbing on Friday, canyonering and kayaking next week and to Mexico 1st week in Dec - so all is a go!!! anyway bye for now. Look forward to seeing you all in Feb Hugs to you both Gill Hello Sedona Folk, Always on the Move! Great to hear from you and know all goes so well, with the exception of your friend's illness. What a way to get a free aerial view of Grand Canyon! Could only find one snap of GC. Are there more? Cheers, Patrizzio!

Doing what in Australia??? Still having a wonderful adventure!! Sailing rough waters today in Tasman Sea on our way to Milford Sound New Zealand..Hi Tasman Sea Woman! Great to hear from you and know all goes so well, with the exception of rough water! How many roos are you bringing back? Travel safely, Murielle. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Your Reservation is Complete Your Trip ID. Total amount redeemed for this trip: XXX Points You will receive a confirmation email at the address you provided.

It is amazing here. Arrived safely in Skiddegate after a luxurious ferry ride with 2 nights of great sleeps. Complete with views of humpback whales breaching.
The sunrise view is from our B&B and the beach is along Tlell. 


We had perfect weather on the trip up and on our 1st day. Day 1 hiked the Pesuta trail from Tlell for approx 3 hours, but the tides kept us from reaching the shipwreck. Light rain this morning but still managed a 1 1/2 hour hike around Spirit Lakes before taking in the museum. Off to North Beach tomorrow and will be out of reach for the next 3 days. Hope all is well with everyone. Elaine & Ted

Hello Haida Gwaii Folk! Great to hear from you and know all goes so well! Have been a tad concerned as I understand there was some very bad weather while you were traveling. Travel safely, dear friends Cheers, Patrizzio

November 13, 2016- Last day to make changes or to top up your November edition before 5pm PST!
 

November 14, 2016- Township 7 Vineyards & Winery will be processing your credit card payment today! (Click here to verify your payment information)
 

November 18, 2016- First day your clubSEVEN package is available to be picked up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment