Saturday 2 April 2016

Xeriscape Vegetable Garden Blues: Saturday, April, 2nd!

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -Leonard Cohen, musician (1934- )


Hello Lost and Found Girl! Terrific to hear from you! Trust everyone in Victoria is well. Glad you enjoyed the card and pleased to learn that the crown jewels were unearthed! To reiterate, we had a wonderful visit with you three so trust you'll be back in the not too, too distant future. We left your boots with Ragin', Calamity, so I'll let you contact him about collecting them. He lives on 12th and Stephens so not far away from you. I've included him in message, as you can see, so you'll be able to get in touch that way.

Ruthless and Ricardo came to stay the night, (They are en route to Little Shuswap to open their cabin there.), last night and we invited Lynne and Peter over for dinner as well. We sat out on back patio as late afternoon/early evening was so warm and sunny. [Contractors will come on Monday morning to begin erecting the louvered structure which will go from the patio doors to the end of the garage. Quite looking forward to it as cover will shade back of house and give us a year-round area to use for both entertainment and storage.] Played a slow rubber before Naramatians arrived and Ricardo and I were soundly trounced by The Sisterhood! Must away as I have been instructed by Mme Coriandre that I am to set the breakfast table for The Squamish Freeloaders. [They are dog people as well and we have been host to Sansa, a black poodle, and Arya, another, smaller brown poodle, both loving and delightful, named for Game of Thrones female characters. Just four months old so not as well-behaved as Mortadella, somewhat like their owners!] Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Up at 7:30 am to find the Young Squamoids still asleep! Cora Lee shut their bedroom door and I proceeded to empty the dishwasher and do the few wine glasses and other dishes that I not been able to fit in last night. Ricardo was up first and had a mug of the java I'd brewed while Cora Lee fried up bacon and made a tasty batch of scrambled eggs. Little White took the pooches for a walk before we ate. Lady Dar was off to a xeriscape vegetable gardening seminar in Summerland which was to start at 10:00 am so she had started eating before we sat down. She said goodbye around 9:30 am and after we'd finished our own breakfast, the Squamoids took quick showers. After that I helped them load their car and said goodbye, thanking them for all the wonderful food and wine they had contributed. 

After they drove off I discovered a small dog mat on the patio and called Ricardo on his cell. They weren't all that far away so they came back to collect it and then proceeded to make for Poplar Grove as Ruthless wanted to buy some wine there. Ricardo just rolled his eyes as he had about a three hour drive, or more, ahead, and the whole point of the weekend was to open the cabin and there was much to do! I put on a couple of loads of laundry and vacuumed before I put my legs up and listened to Under The Influence with Terry O'Reilly on CBC. One of my favourite programs. Cora Lee was back home by 1:30 pm and after I took a quick run to the recycling depot I suited up and went for a ride, leaving just after 3:00 pm.

Really only wanted a "stretch" ride so simply dipsy-doodled my way around PTC, [Fire engine with lights flashing was on the road near the marina and when I asked one of the firemen what had happened he told me that the mast of the sailboat that was being moved had snapped some of the overhead wires!], Lakeshore and Riverside, logging 27 km before I headed up Vancouver. Did three loops of Middle Bench before heading back down to Government to Lakeshore. By this time I knew I only needed one more complete loop so I made for PTC again and by this time a hydro truck, with cherry picker, was there, making necessary repairs. Completed my last loop and was back home by 5:30 pm to find Lady Dar on the living room couch engrossed in the latest goings on in Genoa City! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1109383767#.VwB7jG25Dtc.email

Quiet evening tonight, catching up on a number of recorded programs and, if time allows, a few episodes of House of Cards!

Thank you for the lovely spring greetings. Portugal is so interesting! Having a lovely vacation. Hope we can catch up when we return home. Best always Joanbe and Colin  

Hello Port Drinkers! Glad you enjoyed the card and pleased to learn that all goes  swimmingly in Portugal. Look forward to hearing all about it, at some point, in the not too, too distant future. Fondestos to you both, from Lady Dar, green with envy that you are in Portugal!  Cheers,Patrizzio! 

Dear Patrick and Corinne, I wish my garden looked as beautiful as the ones in the card! Looking forward to the flowers as things are starting to come up and turn green. Have had the lawn thatched this year and it looks really nice. Have just had a lovely week in Merritt visiting with my sister and her children and my parents. All the kids played at the ranch and had a fantastic time :) I hope you had a wonderful Easter too. Take care xoxo Ariane 

Hi Ariane! Glad you enjoyed the card and pleased to learn that you spent a great time in Merritt. Fondestos to you, Ariane, from Lady Dar! Cheers,Patrizzio!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment