Friday 15 April 2016

TurboTax Blues: Friday, April 15th!

Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all. -Thomas Szasz, author, professor of psychiatry (15 Apr 1920-2012) 

FILED TODAY! HURRAH!!!

Will this be my new home? Give a full opinion on it!
mom put an offer. her house goes up this weekend. just keeping you in the lopp:))) Lynette's possible new home. She listed her place for 1.399!!!!

Hi Goils! Exciting news indeed. However, house doesn't seem to be one she mentioned in an earlier email. I wonder if she found another property in the Comox Valley as one she was interested in required extensive renovation and she wanted Adrian and Kevin to look at it first. This one seems to be very nicely renovated, at least according to specs. Plenty of room so perhaps you and your girlfriends should go there in June! Love Dad/Patrizzio!

Dear Patrick Thanks for your email. Would love to meet you for a tea coffee whirlwind something or other. Let me know if possible. Back home now. We had a terrific time on our trip!! Nice to be home though and not looking forward to going back to work on Monday. Cheers for now Jo-Anne and Colin

Hi Work-Shy Woman! Welcome home but it's time to pay the piper, Marps! Your trip sounded simply wonderful. I'd love to connect, on my "whirlwind" tour. I have yet to figure out where I'm staying, what Chloƫ's schedule is, etc., so I'll let you know when I know what I "have" to do and what visiting opportunities present themselves. Thanks. Fondestos from Paintbrush Woman to you and Colin! Trust weekend will be restful. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar at work and her handiwork!

Your raised beds are delightful. My soil is still frozen. Your excursions are ??, How do you do it? Sandee Hi Frozen Goil! Don't tell Arv but I put Single Malt in my camel pack so that I am always hydrating, whether hiking or biking. Must away as Lady Dar insists I go riding to get me out of her hair! When back, I'm under strict orders to finish brick pathway around vegetable patch, or else! Meanwhile, Lady Dar is going to spray paint, (black), an attractive wicker end-table Chloƫ picked up for her at Aunt Leah's Thrift Shop. We brought it back home on last trip into Vancouver. Cheers, Patrizzio!

After "fighting" with TurboTax for about half an hour, I actually managed to file my return! Lady Dar is not amused as she has to pay while I have a refund coming! Classic tale of the grasshopper and the ant! Anyway, after I'd knoshed and suited up, I left around 1:30 pm, making of for OK Falls. Forecast suggested wind was out of the S/SSE at 20 kph so I hoped it wouldn't change direction by the time I was on the return leg! I'd rather fight a head wind at the start, finish with it pushing me back home when I'm tired and weary. 

Knew I was in for some hard work as I made my way along Government but I plugged away, giving the thumbs up to quite a few other riders heading back into town as I fought my way along Eastside. Decided to take McClean Creek Rd as I knew it would give me a little extra distance. Quite a contingent of teenagers/young adults in the horse corral of the first ranch one encounters, coming from the direction I was riding, seemingly learning how to use a lasso. More riders whistling by me as I struggled up the slight grade, into the wind, rotters all!

Quite enjoyed the descent into OK Falls and was soon on Oliver Ranch Rd making the loop around Stag's Hollow and Wild Goose, noting the Tasting Room, at latter, is open. Will have a make a visit soon, perhaps next weekend when visitors are staying. Back on Eastside going was deliriously easy as the wind had kept faith and was, indeed, behind me now. Raced along, making up some speed but knew I'd not achieve or break my minimum, allowable 20 kph AVG but decided I'd blame it on Aeolus rather than my lack of stamina! A few dipsy-doodles, once I was near and back on Government, so that I could at least log my absolute minimum distance, 51 km!  Stats for ride: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1127337953#.VxGD_RDST3M.email

Putting my Trek away, I found Lady Dar just finishing putting on the first coat of paint on the patio stairs. Looks terrific. She was unhappy with colour to begin with, as the shade of "black" she had selected was too "blue" once it was applied. This being the case, she took the two cans back to Rona and had more "black" added, to her complete and utter satisfaction. Also spray painted, ("black", again), a small wicker end table so the colour coordination scheme has been initiated! Must away to shower and change as we are off, this evening, to see Eye in the Sky:

A 2015 British thriller film starring Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul, Alan Rickman, and Barkhad Abdi. The film, directed by Gavin Hood based on a screenplay by Guy Hibbert, is about military personnel facing the legal and ethical dilemmas presented by drone warfare against those using terrorist tactics, and civilians who are endangered by it. It was filmed in South Africa in late 2014. It will be one of two posthumous feature films starring Rickman, who died of pancreatic cancer in January 2016.

Thanks for the suggestions. And sorry for the radio silence, but my mother fell on Monday night, so we've been at the hospital for the week. She has a fractured hip - we have to wait for the surgeon to give us options, as they won't operate on her. She is not very responsive, so we're not sure what will happen wrt if she is coming home. I leave tomorrow morning but am glad I was here when she fell! See you soon. Luise

Hi Luise! What disturbing news! So sorry to hear about your Mother's fall. Poor, poor woman. Can barely imagine how distressing this must be given her already compromised health/mental capacity. Our hearts go out to you and family.

Please don't worry about anything here. You have more than enough to concern yourself. You can simply tailor your coming visit to however you feel and feel like doing. Just a brief respite from the worry about your Mother will, one hopes, be a bit of a tonic. Again, stay as well as can be expected. Looking forward to meeting you and Dave. Fondestos, Patrizzio!


Well, last Monday to Mt. Hawthorn ended up being 5 hours, so it was a good thing only 11 people showed up! It was well worth it with flowers and frogs and views galore. Next Monday Tony is going to lead us to a slope of Balsamroot at Roddy flats. Should be a bit easier, at most 4 hours (which it was last time we were there). So we leave the IGA parking lot at 9am and the Pentictonites can carpool at Home Hardware at 8:40. Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment