Thursday 28 April 2016

Tom Sawyer Fence Painting Blues: Thursday, April 28th!

If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story. -Terry Pratchett, novelist (28 Apr 1948-2015)


Up at 6:30 am after a very deep night's sleep, in spite of poor Lady Dar's nasty cough. She said she feels as if their is a lump of concrete pressing on her ample bosom! Repaired to the study to work away on correspondence while I sipped and listened to radio, one of the most enjoyable ways to start the day!

Hello Fellow Bridge Aces! Any interest on a game this Sunday?  Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Surveillance shots from last Friday at the Hooded Merganser! Hi Patrick, Sounds great, the bridge I mean, you just read my mind. So I am in, it could be at my place, in Summerland, because Mariola is gone to Hawaii and I am alone :-( Cheers, Mike PS Your report/diary from the hike is unbelievable. When you are going to publish a book?Hi Patrick and everyone; Nice idea! I'm in! Thanks for the photos! Pam

Dear, Dear Friends and Family! You are invited to celebrate Corinne's and Patrick's 40th Wedding Anniversary, to the day, on May 14th, at #208-2001 Wall Street, from 2:00 pm 'til 5:00 pm! Call 604-341-0291 to gain entrance.
No presents, please, as your presence will be a present beyond compare!
Hors d'oeuvres and drinks to be served. RSVP's appreciated as we would certainly like to know how much Kraft Dinner, porch climber and Jello to buy! Cheers!


I'll be there. Let me know what I can bring. XXOO Hi Agneta! Great that you will be able to join the anniversary celebrations Thanks for your kind offer to contribute. AN appetizer would be wonderful. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Congratulations! 40 th Anniversary is ruby; just sayin', Patrick....
xo, dj Hi Gran Duggacio!
Thanks for the gift advice, however you didn't mention whether you will be able to join the anniversary celebrations. Let me know. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

I'll be there!!! Green jello for me please!!! Dad did you invite Krissy and Mark?? 
Hi Chloë! Yes, I invited them and told Gayle and Derek that you were sending plane tickets for them since we are supplying all the designer Jello! Love, Dad!

Perfect!! And what about Gaelan and John Paul?? Katie said she got her invite but if you invite one of my girls you must invite them all. xx Hello Fussoid! Both Gaelan and Maya have been invited but will not be offered any Kraft Dinner. Only  our friends will get the good stuff! Worry about completing your course not invitee list!!! Love, a Concerned Dad!

Congratulations! Unfortunately, no direct flight Aarhus - Penticton that afternoon. I wish you a great celebration and must say good going! My marriage only lasted 1/10 of that! A big hug to you both 😘😘Margareta  And No flights to Vancouver either 😉! Hi Steel Magnolia So sorry that you and The Lads won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations. Cheers, Patrizzio!

I can never open your card on this email address. Can you send them in future to my gmail account. On the weekend that you are here in May do you have plans for the Saturday night. Thanks Wayne I will attend.

Hi Sarge! I've changed your address. As you will see, our gathering will be over after 5:00 pm, (Who actually knows when!), and we had planned to go for dinner, somewhere, with Chloë afterwards. We'd be delighted if you would care and be able to join us. Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! There is a birthday party at Corey's that night that I am going to try and attend. Wayne

Hope you guys have a fabulous anniversary party. All the best to you both after so many years of connubial bliss. I'd love to get out to BC, but it might take a while before we manage it. We're heading to Europe at the end of June for my cousin's wedding in Finland early July. We'll go to Winnipeg in August so it seems we'll be missing each other again. I may stay out there for about a month - we'll see. Thanks for keeping in touch and for the snaps from your new backyard. Maret, and David Hi Maret! Sorry that we will miss you in Winnipeg, (Have a wonderful trip to Europe/Finland.), and that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Wishing you both all the best! Sorry to report that Cactus and I will not be able to make it. We do look forward to making it up to the North Country at some time in the not toooo distant future. Hugs to you and the every stalwart Corinne! Cactus & Florida Hi Donna Florida and Prickly Pear! Very sorry that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations, although I'm somewhat miffed that "stalwart" is applied to Lady Dar, not long-suffering, shackle-chaffed scullion Patrizzio!) Cheers, Indentured Servant, Patrizzio!

By the time I had mended a number of spots on the cedar trellis work, atop parts of our fence, (Needed to use tiny finishing nails as the wood is so thin and flimsy that nothing else would work! Finnicky work, in the extreme, but  I think repairs will hold until we manage to replace whole sections. Upright posts are of treated wood and well anchored so at least we won't have to replace them!), brought to my attention by paint-brush wielding Lady Dar, and then reinforced a number of the latches, so that they now close properly and easily, on the back west and front south gates, it was close to 4:15 pm. Suited up, slathered on sunscreen and set off, not long after 4:30 Didn't wish to be too, too late so once I'd determined wind direction and force I decided I'd go for as high an AVG as I could achieve rather than distance.

On my run along Lakeshore I clocked and AVG close to 23 kph and by the time I'd dipsy doodled the side streets around Riverside I was up to 24 kph. Thought I might o be able to maintain this if I made my way to Skaha Lake Park, via Government, as I'd only have to fight the acceptable head wind on return leg. Did just that and was really pleased at how my legs responded on the three circuits of the park and environs itself, but also on the slight uphill slog back home. Lights were in my favour on Government and I was able to keep the 24 kph AVG until I made the turn onto Eckhardt. Then, much to my delight, I noted I'd clocked and AVG of 24.1 kph when I pulled up beside our garage. Absolutely chuffed as this is one of the very best, sistained efforts I've ever achieved, over this distance. Probably says more about the force of the wind, however, than my fitness, although I must admit that I felt pretty strong over the entire course of the ride. Onward! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1146085950#.VyLFF27WaFs.email
 
Hello Patrick and Corrine, We made it home around midnight and started working on our to do list right away.Since my phone isn't working I try to communicate online and ask you kindly if you have bought your tickets already for the folk festival? I understand that you and us? have fabulous accommodation to enjoy, and we would be more than happy to drive.
 

Let us know Corinne when you are feeling better again, it would be great to share some of our Adventures in Indonesia with you. Sorry to let you know that we will be be travelling in Washington for 5 days with our trailer while you are celebrating your anniversary. Thanks for all your lovely stories, pictures, updates, invites, and above all our growing friendship. Healthy and Happy Wishes are coming your way from Jos and Aart

Hello to our Favourite Summerlandians! Wonderful to learn that you are back safely after what I'm sure was a marvellous holiday. Yes, we already have our tickets to the Folk Festival. And yes, you are included in accommodation, although Aarturo will have to sleep in the bike locker under the front stairs! Thank you for the offer to drive. That is very generous. However, we might need to take separate vehicles, depending on a number of things. The FF is from July 15th-17th so we need to decide when to go into Vancouver and when to leave city. As well, I want  to take my bike so wonder if your rack has room for at least three bikes. Ours only holds two. As far as dates away, when travelling to Vancouver, we usually go one day earlier, if schedules allow, so that things are not quite so rushed and errands can be run, etc., leave on the Monday after a weekend, per esempio, for same reasons. Not sure what your own busy schedule might hold so we should chat about this as soon as you have managed to reintegrate yourselves back into the real world as opposed to your mindless, carefree existence in Indonesia!

To this end, Michaelo and Spumoni are keen to play bridge this coming Sunday. Michaelo has offered to host so we could play in your neck of the woods if Jos is interested and available. Lady Dar is on the mend and could play but probably should rest. Anyway, let me know what you think about these matters and we'll chat. Again Hip Hip Hooray that you are back! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pis: Lady Darjeeling's tulips. Planted last Fall with bulbs she and Dusty selected! I no longer have to hike to see wildflowers. I'll just sit on the settee on front porch, sip
Genièvre and not have to worry about ticks!


Dearest
Pénélope and Mad Cap! So sorry that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations, especially as I'm currently in negotiations, via an attorney in Panama, (to maintain anonymity, as you can well imagine!), to buy something from Liz Taylor's ruby-set pieces, notably "a ring set with an 8.24 ct gem that broke the 'price-per-carat' record for rubies ($512,925 per carat, i.e. over $4.2 million in total), and a necklace that sold for over $3.7 million." Unfortunately, "the Liberty Bell Ruby, the largest mined ruby in the world, was stolen in a heist in 2011." Any thoughts, Madcap? Fallback is to pickup the Sunrise Ruby, "the world's most expensive ruby, most expensive coloured gemstone, and most expensive gemstone other than a diamond, which, in May 2015, sold at auction in Switzerland to an anonymous buyer for US$30 million." Hope one of the above will make Lady Dar happy! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

That is a great e-card.. one of the best! Sorry i won't be able to come because I will be in England visiting Jenny. Have fun and a great party. Congratulations to both of you!!  Hi Sylvia! Glad that you enjoyed the card. So sorry that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations but know that you will have a wonderful trip to England. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

40 years and still in love - how wonderful! Enjoy your anniversary. Wish we could be there! Patrizia and the Grumpy Winemaker! Hi Patrizzia! So sorry that you and the Grumpoid won't be able to join us. Cheers, Patrizzio! I can't tell if you're serious or not! Please don't keep me in suspense any longer. I do have a feeling though that if you have won the lottery, you wouldn't have time to be communicating with me! Pat Hi again, Puzzled Patrizzia! I thought that my Panamanian lawyer would already have been in touch about the hostile takeover of your winery. This way I won't have to worry about ordering wine every year! We'd like you and the Grumpster to stay on, to run place, make wine, handle accounts, bake pizza, etc. You can continue to live in the house but we will be taking over the fabulous suite above garage/storage area! Tesla Man can keep his car if he agrees to continue kneading dough! We can finalize details when you visit this summer. That, at least, is no joke! Cheers, Patrizzio the Prankster!

Now you have to tell me otL......on the level....did you actually win the vast amount....and if you did; can I possibly hang around to take pictures of all the celebrations that ensue........wow......Oh yes,,,a very Happy Aniv......what a great couple.....and from Panama....you guys are something special......A & S
Hi again, Sour Grapes Steinbachoids! I thought that my Panamanian lawyer would already have been in touch about the hostile takeover of your luxury condo in the burg of Steinbach. This way we won't have to worry about a place to stay if we are too tired to drive all the way to Falcon! However, we'd like you and the Bridge Whiz to stay on, to take of the place, make the beds, bake bread, vacuum and the like. You can continue to live there but in the garage, on cots! You can keep your car if you promise not to spit sunflower shells in the driveway! We can finalize details when we visit this summer, in June. That, at least, is no joke! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Dusty's daughter at work. Even after winning the Lotto I can barely afford to pay her minimum wage! Now that steps are finished, fence is next!


We understand the problem.....those lawyers take so much off the top....but do understand; that your place here in Steinbach is still here; we were able to get a loan after we puchased that huge plot of land north of the town after we heard about your fortune....then, tried to cancel everything recently; but the lawyer said there would be a huge cost involving the transfers, etc.....so we decide to sell everything and move out to Vita; south of here and move in with immigrants from Poland.....but they would not let us move into the vacant lot with our tent.....So....we are here for awhile until we can get help from our newly formed government, or from you....which might take awhile....but our phone is still on, and we might be here until mid May.......A & S

 



The very best wishes, Corinne and Pat, on your 40th anniversary. Congratulations. bob Hi Snobby Bobby! Thank you for the good wishes but am wondering if you'll be able to join the anniversary celebrations? Cheers, Patrizzio!

Gorgeous card; we thank you very much.....do hope your renno is comming along without any hitches......we always had some; when doing diff things in repair or change; at the summer home.....oh boy......don’t work too hard; enjoy the spring.....you folks have had some nice weather......A & S

Hi Favourite Steinbachians! Glad you enjoyed the card but sorry that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations. Thanks, as well, for best wishes on on-going home improvements. Looking forward to more fence painting shortly! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Dear Patrick and Corinne Than you for this wonderful invite, unfortunately due the submarines taking many years to complete we will not be able to make it on time. We will certainly be there in spirit and will raise a glass or two for you both on this prestigious occasion. Lots of love Tina and Trevor xxxx  Dear, Dear  Sub-Mariners! Sorry that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Wow! 40 years already! Time does indeed fly by. Enjoy your party - sorry we won't be attending as somehow you live a bit too far away. Cheers! Roma & Leonard Hi Roma and Leonard! Sorry that you won't be able to join the anniversary celebrations Cheers, Filthy Rich in Love, Patrizzio!

Patriçio, I too, apologize for being remiss in gloating over bidding and making a small slam! Of course Ted made up for that with his ridiculous bidding and that one disastrous hand. I have been fussing over my and my Dad’s income tax returns, which are now thankfully filed, leaving me drained of all energy and emotion. I am also having the house painted, then going on a road trip to the Whitecaps game in Portland.

I have always been fascinated by women’s shoes. It is with great enthusiasm and anticipation of success, that I hope to design the most ridiculous and uncomfortable shoes on Planet Earth. Once the profits start rolling in, I expect to expand to uncomfortable, lacey and functionally useless women’s underwear - and Victoria what’s-her-name will be a blip in the past.

On another note, congrats to Lady Dar for putting up with you for 40 years. I take it your anniversary celebration is in the now snowtireless-accessable Penticton? Will try to make it. Uh, how many cots do you have in Stalag Burns? I hear the honeymoon suite at the local motel 6 is awesome - the bedbugs are all lazy! So that’s an option!

As for a construction and hopefully a bit of the KVR cycle, I have a couple of windows. Hope they coincide with yours: 1) After June 6th (our squash group Victoria Cycle) 2) After July 31 (or so) when I return from the Whitecaps game in Dallas. Let me know of any “projects” that need to be done. I will bring my bike and a tool box. cheers//bjp Oops, Just realized your party is on Wall Street! I will cab over. cheers//bjp


Hi Ragin' Great that you will be able to join the anniversary celebrations. Glad you finally realized where bash will be held! With my recent windfall, I'm keen to invest in your new company as I really like the direction you seem intent on taking new products towards!!! However, I don't take all that kindly to your congratulations to LD, (not, Lady Dar, but rather Little Dictator!), on her resilience. I'm the one who has needed, and continues to require armadillo skin until your shoe designs go into production!

I am delighted to see that, like Grogg, on the court, you take full credit for your wins and lay the blame, for defeats, at the feet of your partner! Buona Fortuna with house painting, (We ourselves are only faces with our fence!), and have a grand trip to Portland! With respect to a snow-tireless visit, we will probably be away for much of June so sometime after July 31st would probably work best, for us, at least. My list includes shelving, in living room, for stereo equipment. Already have basic design and measurements, (drawn up by Dusty during Jan/Feb visit.), and outside bike lockers on sheltered side of house. I'm sure this will be more than enough to occupy you and Lady Dar while I'm cycling to Osoyoos! Cheers, Patrizzio!






No comments:

Post a Comment