Sunday 17 April 2016

Patio Brick Vegetable Bed Border Blues: Sunday, April 17th!

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. -Nelson Mandela, activist, South African president, Nobel laureate (1918-2013)

Lewis Carroll, a self-portrait, c. 1856
Photo: Wikimedia

Hi Luigi! Trust Sun Run went well. If you are still planning to hike, I'm on. I'll be ready between 8:15-8:25 if your offer of a ride is still on. If not, don't worry, as I'll be able to get to HH under my own steam. Anyway, let me know, (Here is our home number if more convenient than a message.),  and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! I can be there Patric

Hi Patrick – we’re looking at the restos you recommended, and it’s so hard to decide! We thought one with a nice view would be nice, so how about the Vanilla Pod? That way we could walk? I will call to see if they are open. Or do you like Bogners better? Thanks for your advice and hope the renos are done. We should be in Penticton early – mid afternoon OK with you? And how do we get to your place? Thanks Luise Hi Patrick – so Dave has looked at them all and likes the Hooded Merganser the best – and it’s right on the water – so I’ll make reservations for the 5 of us at 6:30 pm – OK? I see that the HM is the one we can walk to! Even better….Thanks Luise




Patriçio! I would just like to follow up on choosing a date, suitable to you and Lady Dar, for a visit to the metropolis that is Penticton.  Believe it or not, I have actually arranged two excursions this summer.  I am going to Portland for the Whitecaps game, and ditto to Dallas!  This is a home and away series so my counterparts are coming to Vancouver for the WC home games.  Can’t wait to put my beemer on the I5.  Must be careful tho, those state troopers have *no* sense of humour.  Did I mention that my math was right?  Yes, I get 200km/hr at 5000 revs in 5th gear.

ANYWAY, what is a good time for you?  I will bring a toolbox and my bicycle.  Maybe we could do a bit of the kvr.  When I have had enough, you keep going and I will meet you back on Burns, having availed myself of your single malt cabinet.

I could not resist sending you this Dilbert.  I love that line “and yet, here I am”.  Yes, you have driven us all to our limits of sanity with your emails, and yet, here you are, still loved and put up with! Branko





[*] Toro rabioso - a menudo mal, pero nunca en duda [*] Rabid Toro - often wrong, but never in doubt

You did spectacular; and such good time.  Enjoyed reading about your ventures.....also opening the lovely bottle of wine.......be careful.....A & S   



No comments:

Post a Comment