Friday 22 April 2016

Back Home Bridal Falls Blues: Friday, April 22nd!

Do not commit the error, common among the young, of assuming that if you cannot save the whole of mankind, you have failed. -Jan de Hartog, playwright and novelist (22 Apr 1914-2002) 



Patrick and Corinne, Even though you are unlikely to be here in body, we can perhaps have you here in spirit and toast to you and imagine Patrick dressed as a flapper for the evening.  Cheers Claire and Greg

Hi All--We re now the proud possessors of four tickets to the "Sip and Savor in the Cellar" event at Pentage Winery on Saturday, April 30th. The tour begins promptly at 12:00 noon so I think we should plan to arrive by 11:50 or so. We'll confirm a time for picking you up in town anon. Safe travels, etc., etc. Cheers,
Lynnie P.S. I'll be out at my spin class on Sunday morning but will be here in the p.m. I don't know Dom Pedro's plans but I suspect that he will be doing his farmer/vintner/landowner thing if the weather is good.

Hello Naramatia and Xeriscape Gardener/Painter of Fences! Greetings from Harbour Terrace! Great to hear from you both, about wine-tasting and tennis! Sorry I've not replied sooner but I'm in Vancouver at the moment! I drove in on Wednesday as I had a number of medical appointments yesterday. Back home this morning. Such a whirlwind of activity, once here, I didn't read my email until late last night and was too, too tired to answer!

The short answer to wine festival events is that I need to chat to Lady Dar about them. She is leaving for Vancouver this morning, by bus, for weekend, so I might wave to her somewhere along the highway, as we pass, ships in the night, so to speak. At any rate, I'm particularly interested in the event at Pentage as we've not been there before but am easy about Wild Goose as well. Obviously, we can chat, via email, until she is back this coming Tuesday but, as you mention, Lynne, ticket availability might be an issue so the sooner we decide, probably the better.

With respect to tennis, Dom Jugos Nadel, I'm flattered that you think I might be a worthy doubles partner! I've never really played tennis and took up squash so that I didn't have to keep chasing balls I couldn't keep inside the enclosures! At any rate, I must decline your generous offer, primarily due to the fact that my right shoulder won't allow me deliver a "normal" serve. Furthermore, I am here to see my orthopedic surgeon about my left hip and it looks like I may well have replacement surgery in November. Not confirmed, as of this writing, but highly probable, for a number of reasons I'm happy to share but easier and less time-consuming to chat about when next we sip some of your wonderful Riesling! Basically, I don't want to risk an injury that might compromise planned surgery although I still intend to bike and hike, in part, in order to be as fit as possible going in to operation.

Must away as I need to load the car with "tons" of Costco purchases and park it outside the building as I need to return keys to Jo-Anne's apartment, where I've been staying, along with garage door clicker, to Sarge before he leaves for work at 8:30 am. I'll leave, not long afterwards, as I have guests arriving for weekend. On that matter, their agenda involves a touch of wine-tasting on Sunday so if you'll be around that afternoon I thought we might pop around, just to say hello and goodbye. Not a big deal but let me know your thoughts and we can plan accordingly.

Travel safely Lady Dar. I'll either call or send you a more detailed message when fleeting time allows. All the best to the three best Southern Okanagans in the world! Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rosemary and Andre with Flamin', Sarge and Chloƫ last night; with Ricardo at VPL, VWF event with Nick Bantock. Wonderful evening all around!
I'm in where ever you can get tickets. Thanks for thinking of us. Sitting on bus waiting to leave. Corinne Thanks Lynnie, Look forward to it, Hugs Corinne

Hi Patrick We're at Pam's, shortly leaving for a hike at the Skaha Bluffs. Will phone when we get back, probably about 4 pm. Luise
 
Hi Patricio, Sorry about the long wait for a reply regarding your last email. I was simply wonderful to see you guys as well if ever so briefly and was glad to help out repairing the electrical disaster that I Came Upon!!. Don’t you know that diy electrical and booze don’t mix well?.

Glad to hear about your new bridge group and love the fact that you’ve created such a great social network and your short time up there as I figured you would. Really great news about your new sunroof and I can't wait for my next free loading session to come enjoy it and be served hand and foot! The weather certainly is improving rapidly and we certainly enjoy the heat last week and had to break out the fan for our attic room.

I have been very very busy with an interesting work project regarding the helicopter crash which I probably spoke of and is progressing well. I am still busy dealing with my mom and need to move her out of the apartment this weekend so I took the day off of work today to partly deal with that stuff and answer your email!. We're also in the midst of the major backyard overhaul and is looking fantastic so very pleased about that Maureen has been doing a wonderful job. Hope all is well right now and looks forward to seeing you guys soon look forward to hearing about more of your adventures .take care and we will talk to you soon. Fondestos to you and Corriandre, Cheers, Al 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment