Sunday 27 March 2016

Spirit Ridge Easter Egg Blues: Sunday, March 27th!

Uttering a word is like striking a note on the keyboard of the imagination. -Ludwig Wittgenstein, philosopher (1889-1951) 

Eggs -- Photo taken last year at the chicken coop in our friends' backyard in rural England.
Dear Patrick and Corinne: Thanks for your recent message and good to hear that you enjoyed your time in Vancouver. Really pleased that we managed to squeeze in a quick visit on Thursday evening. As you say, it was almost a Curric Lab reunion. What a surprise to see Tip again, after so many years.
 

Mum is mending slowly, but I think surely. She is more in flow than ebb, now. She is still very weak and tires easily. But yesterday morning, she insisted on making bran muffins, and despite stopping to rest a couple of times, completed the endeavour successfully. In the afternoon, I took her to Van Dusen for a "walk" around the gardens (we borrowed one of their wheelchairs). I think she enjoyed it . . . and she is looking forward to going to Karen's for Easter dinner tonight.

Mum's situation and work have pretty much taken up all of my time lately, so I don't have much to add. I do hope to get to Penticton sometime soon-ish to see you. Can't promise I won't bring thousands of photos with me. That's a joke (sort of). All the best and lots of love. Janet 


Dearest Patrizzio! Thanks for the lovely wishes! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank You for the beautiful flower cards and the message too! Happy Easter to You Guys! Joan Young Partick, I was wondering the other day where you might be off to. I am still holding down the fort on the Bay of Fundy. We have had an incredibly great winter with a minimum of snow and mild temps. I hope that You , Corinne and the lovely Chloe have a wonderful Easter and Spring... Cheers,,, Bill

Dear Patricio--Thanks so much for the lovely card. It made my day … and not in an Eastwoodian way! I seem to be recovering from my awful cold, which prevented me from joining you for the Friday-night-hockey-festivities. Sorry I missed it. Fortunately, it won't be long till April 1 chez Burns St. I look forward to catching up then. Cheers and hugs to you and Lady Coriandre from me and Dom Pdero. Lynnie XOXO  

Hello to our Favourite Recovering Naramatian! So pleased to learn that you are on the mend! Nothing nastier than being ill, at any time, let alone on a holiday weekend. We did miss, and terribly so, at wonderful dinner at PGC and then at the fun-filled game.
 

Had an incredibly difficult ride here yesterday, against a hurricane force wind, at least it seemed to me. Still, I made it! Slept in until 8:30 am this morning when Flamin' called to ask Lady Dar if she wanted to walk into Osoyoos. After yesterday's cycling ordeal I was more than happy to stay inside, and sip java with Sandee and Arv while watching Canada play Russia, for Bronze, in the Women's World Curling. When the Gattens left for church I made myself a couple of pieces of toast out of Sandee's wonderful home-made raisin/cranberry bread, smothered in honey from Peters Honey Farm in Kleefeld, Manitoba, some they'd brought with them for their three month stay here.

Worked away, writing about my ride and answering messages until my hosts returned from church and then Sandee prepared a delicious lunch of home-made chicken soup, a Dr Oetker's spinach pizza with sliced orange pepper and sliced tomatoe on the side. Lady Dar returned shortly afterwards, from her marathon walk into Osoyoos and we sat around, visiting. I had thought that I might attempt a ride up Anarchist today but after yesterday's effort I'm pleased to spend the holiday doing nothing but eat chocolate eggs and sip local wine! Speaking of which, must away as we are going to stroll to Nk'Mip Cellars to do a bit of wine tasting before starting to play bridge.

Trust you are feeling well enough to enjoy your Easter dinner, (Flamin' is doing a turkey, Lady Dar a ham so I should have plenty of energy for the hike, out of Oliver on Easter Monday.), and look forward to seeing you, hale and hearty on the 1st! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Wine tasting at Clos du Soleil; Go Vees; my fans on balcony last night; Flamin's gorgeous salad and Father and Daughter!         Hi Patrick, Thanks for the horticultural card good one. We have been a bit slack of late maintaining communications with all and sundry. I have been having a chat with the Sarge of late about a possible River cruise in 2017 but it seems this is moving toward the unlikely with his family commitments. We will see. Any way our small great dane is taking quite a lot of our time and requires special consideration when it comes to travel. At this point we have sold our rather too small camper and are up sizing to something a little more spacious so she can fit inside. 

At this time we are looking at travel in 2017 though probably quite a short and rather cheaper option, probably just three or four weeks incorporating a Rhine river cruise with all the trimmings with the rest of the retired world and hopefully a ten day bike ride from Munich to Vienna in about May June. So if you are interested let me know.
 

Otherwise all is going just chugging along over here though on a health note Claire and I are trying to lose some weight so we can ride our bikes a little more efficiently. When you hit 100 kgs its time to think about it so I am down to 84 kgs and it makes going up hills a whole lot easier. Cheers from over here Greg and Claire 

Hello to our Favourite Brisbanites! So pleased to learn that you are now back to fighting weight, Grogg! I cannot, for the life of me, imagine willowy Claire needing to lose a single pound! We have been here, in Osoyoos, since yesterday. Flamin' and Sarge drove up from Vancouver on Good Friday and we met them in Keremeos, about 50 km south of Penticton, for a spot of wine tasting.  Tuesday we are driving into Vancouver to attend Sarge's official retirement party!  

Will keep you posted about our European travel plans. At the moment we are entertaining going overseas in late February to take advantage of the warmer weather and shoulder season rates in the south of France and northern Spain. Not yet writ in stone so will advise as things develop and concretize.  Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks D!! Finally watched this, very cute!! xx  Thanks for the kind thoughts! Wished my garden was as colourful as the card's ( I have seen a few ladybugs thoπŸ‘) To the Patrizios and Coralees (of which there is only of each, naturally)
Wishing you too a Happy Spring. Vancouver has been blessed with nice, mostly sunny Easter weather. The rain that did fall had the good grace to fall during the night. The Easter bunny was hopefully good to you :>). Love Yda Hope the Easter bunny was good to you both. πŸ°πŸ’�� Cheers, Maggie & Frank


Sunday, March 27 Well, we have now had one full day in Portugal. Got a late start due to not realizing that they went to daylight savings time in the wee hours. Nonetheless, managed to go on three different bus tours, so saw a lot of the city and environs. Went to the area where Lisbon hosted Expo 98. The old main entrance is now a hugh shopping mall, and all the other old World's Fair structures have been repurposed. Also went through the old Barrio Alto district. A highlight tour was the trip out to Cascais, along the Tagus River to the sea. Lots of beaches and forts, and areas for surfing. On the plane ride to Lisbon, we met a chap who's grandfather brought surfing to Portugal, and the beach we passed at Carcavelos is where he did it.
 

Lisbon, in its climate and topography and vegetation, reminds one of San Francisco - except the buildings are older. Definitely a place to see. Bought some local wine. Only 1.79 euros for a decent drop. Not a classic, but a decent house wine. Will try some pricier (4 to 5 euros) wine soon. 

thanks so much for the lovely card... Happy spring to you and Corrine too! Louise Thank you Patrick! here's wishing you and your lovely wife a very Happy Easter! Many hugs, Olly Thank you so much for the lovely card - hope the Easter bunny brought you everything you wished for. Love penny and Mike xx  Patrizio! Thanks for your greetings. All the best to you and yours for Spring and beyond! Deborah Dear Patrick, What a lovely card, with Spring in mind you must contemplate the idea that a visit would be sublime. Love, Jean 

Wishing you & Corinne a very Happy Easter. Thank you for the lovely Easter greetings. Very creative!! Great seeing both of you & your friends at the Vees game on Friday. Tough loss for them. It's the 1st time in the season that I have seen them lose on home ice. Vees lost last night and are out of the playoffs :-( Tough series with West Kelowna and they prevailed. Will be hanging up my Vees jersey till next season. I'm busy doing laundry & packing. Fly out tomorrow at 7:00 am. Back home on Apr. 20th. No need to send me any emails while I'm away since I don't check emails. Thanks!! Happy Hiking while I'm gone. I'll be running & hiking on the Bruce Trails in ON. Ciao for now!! Mary Lee :-)

Dear Patrick; Thank you so much for your Happy Spring/Easter card! What a nice surprise. I thought you and Corinne were in Osoyoos! I hope you both are having a wonderful time. I got up at 6:30 this morning for the sunrise service! The rain chased us into the Gazebo. A good time was had by all, and the breakfast spread was glorious! Corinne was missed. I went home for the 2 hour wait till the 11 am service and got some chores done.... Hope to see you tomorrow for our hike out of Tinhorn Creek Winery! Pam 
Thanks for the card, Pat! Hope you and Corinne are doing well. We're going to Vancouver today, I'm leaving for Sweden on Wednesday. Wrong time of year to leave, but I've been here for three months now. Back by the beginning of July, I hope. What happened to your hijacked Facebook account? Kjell  

Hi Patrick, Thanks for the lovely card. Are you a gardener? I am not but Iike many folk, the older I get the more I appreciate nature. The photo is of flowers that Hilde and Peter brought as dinner guests at my condo on Friday. I had Charlotte and Ivan as guests also. So... I am getting to know about South Africa. March 19 was a memorial event for Elizabeth Caskey's spouse, Clay. Clay was big in the IWA and the room was filled with pro labour folks such as Art Kube. Cheers Bev 

Dear Pat and Corinne, Thank you for sending the very clever, and totally appropriate Jacquie Lawson e-card. I just potted up some "Elephant Ear" tubers to give them a head start before they grace our summer yard and garden. Coincidently, I was just about to send our thanks to my distant relatives, the Archers, who live in Malvern near Worcestershire, England. They also sent us another one of Lawson's brilliant cards to help us celebrate. We hope all is well with you and yours and that your new construction project is proceeding without a hitch. Happy Easter! Here's 2 photographs of our yard taken on St. Patrick's Day.  

Thank you very much Patrick. And A VERY HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY Hugs from Hildegard von Bingen Happy Easter back at you. Gail and I were talking about you this morning 'cause we'd seen this video on how to tell a boiled egg from a raw one without smashing it on your skull. Laury 

Lovely! Thanks so much Patrick. Hope you and Corinne are having a good Easter and bringing in spring in good health and style! Take care and keep in touch.
Fondly, Pat and Dave 
Lovely e-card. Thanks and Happy Easter! Ron Kawchuk Wonderful talent! Thank you Brenda Louise Thanks Patrick. Happy Easter Teresa 🐰🐰🐰🐣🐣 Hope the Easter bunny was good to you both. πŸ°πŸ’�� Cheers,
Maggie & Frank Thank You for the beautiful flower cards and the message too! Happy Easter to You Guys!

 
Dear Corinne & Patrick, It is Easter and the nieces busily send pictures of what they are producing which is magical I must say.  They are adorable to say the least,.

My Mom has nine grandchildren and seven great grandchildren & I find her in a constant state of happiness. I googled and found that one out of every five women do not have children a topic that is never discussed, so I might start a club. Out of thirty girlfriends, seven do not have children and they do not talk about it, yet it is so painfully sad to go through life without children.

We have new neighbors next door as Ingrid moved up island and bought herself five acres so you can have produce and breed her goats.
I mentioned you to our young neighbors & they would like to meet you.

Paula Psyllakis is Greek in her early forties working from her home doing an overseas PHD: in Dementia and linguistics so words roll off her tongue like butter, smooth, creamy, fluid, she is very interesting.  Her husband Brian Dewitt works from home too and a Day Trader but spends most of his time helping Paula’s Dad distributing the Olive Oil  they import from his manufacturing business in Greece.

The ‘Olive oil is Kastamonitsa” So if I can entice you out for a dinner they will honor you with their olive oil.  Paula’s Dad had two Greek Restaurants here for twenty five years that Paula helped run..  They have two cats and no children.  They will be away at the end of June so May or June would be perfect for a visit.  I know you will like them and I am sure they will become good friends for you to exchange visits.

Hope you are both well. We are having rack of lamb tonight and I just finished baking an apple pie.  Heading out the door to take the kids down to the beach for their run. Thinking of you always. Happy Easter Love, Jean & John
 
Young Partick, I was wondering the other day where you might be off to. I am still holding down the fort on the Bay of Fundy. We have had an incredibly great winter with a minimum of snow and mild temps. I hope that You , Corinne and the lovely Chloe have a wonderful Easter and Spring... Cheers,,, Bill

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed the crime fest. I was in New York with a few of the usuals. Hi Patrick, Thanks for the lovely card. Are you a
gardener? I am not but like many folk, the older I get the more I appreciate nature. The photo is of flowers that Hilde and Peter brought as dinner guests at my condo on Friday. I had Charlotte and Ivan as guests also. So... I am getting to know about South Africa. March 19 was a memorial event for Elizabeth Caskey's spouse, Clay. Clay was big in the IWA and the room was filled with pro labour folks such as Art Kube. Cheers Bev

Thank you so much for the lovely card - hope the Easter bunny brought you everything you wished for. Love penny and Mike xx  thanks so much for the lovely card... Happy spring to you and Corrine too! Patrizio! Thanks for your greetings. All the best to you and yours for Spring and beyond! Deborah
Dear Pat and Corinne,



No comments:

Post a Comment