Saturday 19 March 2016

Was a Sunny Day Blues: Saturday, March 19th!

Shelved rows of books warm and brighten the starkest room, and scattered single volumes reveal mental processes in progress -- books in the act of consumption, abandoned but readily resumable, tomorrow or next year. -John Updike, writer (18 Mar 1932-2009)


Hello Methow Valley People! Trust all goes well. Wanted to send along some of Aarturo's comments as well as let you know that I found a pair of hiking boots in the garage! I assume they belong to Calamity. Hope this doesn't jeopardize cross-country skiing. Anyway, let me know if they do belong to her, (or Mortadella!), and if you plan to come by to collect them and/or stay or if we should bring them to Vancouver when we drive down for Sarge's retirement.

Simply gorgeous day here so I will be heading out for a longish ride shortly. Fondestos form Lady Darjeeling, reading in front of the fire, missing her dog terribly! Cheers, Patrizzio! 
 
Joe MeiklePatricio - a T designed with you in mind!

Patrick James Dunn Thanks for pointing out my age, Joe! I suppose it takes an old man to know one!! When are you coming to visit? We will see Flamin'/Sarge and some of the family at Osoyoos over Easter. Snap was taken on the KVR above Naramata this past Wednesday. As long as one can still attract "babes", it really doesn't matter how old you are! [Unfortunately, I can't load the picture to prove my point!! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Summerlandia! We missed you on our snow-shoe expedition Aarturo but I'm sure you had an equally marvellous time. What a day! After Calamity, Whirlygig and Morita left for Methow Valley yesterday, (They decided to stay an extra night!), I found a pair of hiking boots in the garage! I assume they belonged to Calamity. Hope this doesn't jeopardize her cross-country skiing. Thanks again for asking people to bring extra snow-shoes. Much appreciated, of course.
 
With respect to bridge tomorrow, we were wondering if Jos would like to come to our place and go in one car to Pam's. Let us know and we'll plan accordingly. Simply gorgeous day here, (as opposed to Summerland!), so I will be heading out for a longish ride shortly. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! 
Hi Pauline, et al! Thanks, in advance, for arranging something with Chloƫ. We are playing bridge tomorrow, with Jos and Pam, two of the hiking group. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling, to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Lady Dar in her natural environment!

Hello, Just wanted to let you both know that unfortunately we won't be able to come on Friday We have an international student with us until Saturday morning We thought Bella and Bert could stay one night with them but the school just informed us that we can't do that :( We will see you in osoyoos though and plan to stop by the long weekend in May if you are around. 

Too bad, but we will see you on Easter Saturday. We will also be around on the May long weekend. See you soon,

Hello Pentictonians, Why don't I swing by your place @ 1.50pm, and we follow each other to Pam's place. I really like to leave Pam's home at 7pm. If you are OK with that we can all drive together in my little Fiesta. Unless I hear from you different, I'll see yo tomorrow at 1.50 pm. Jos That sounds fine, see you at 1:50 pm, Corinne

Left Burns Street Base Camp around 12:30 pm, after spending a leisurely morning answering messages and cossetting Lady Darjeeling! Hadn't really decided where I would ride but once I was on the road I decided I'd follow my dipsy-doodle, route regulare don Ellis to PTC then along Lakeshsore and Riverside, adding distance on the side streets off the latter. Then up Vancouver Ave to do a loop of Middle Bench. Wind was out of the north but wasn't too, too much of an issue as I made my way along Naramata Road. Passed a number of peletonii coming south so I guess the cycling season has started.  

Had just over 30 km when I passed the Lighthall's residence. Pushed on to make for the first cattle guard on the way to Indian Rock where I turned around and headed back to Penticton. On to Government and then down South Main to do a quick loop of Skaha Lake Park before hitting Eastside. Blasted along here, deciding not to take McClean Creek Rd, so kept going into OK Falls. Knew I'd need the loop off Oliver Ranch Road, past Stag's Hollow and Wild Goose if I wanted to log over 100 km. So did that and then back onto Eastside. Again, wind was not overly strong so I was able to maintain my AVG above 20 kph so was pleased about that. Traffic was light as it was close to 5:00 pm by the time I hit South Main so managed all the lights between there and home without any Dreaded Burning Ground issues, Dear Reader. Had to ride down Eckhardt and return via Ellis and then White before pulling into our back driveway but still very pleased at outing. Need to start logging such distances if I'm going to attempt Anarchist Mountain this coming Easter weekend! Stats for ride:


Hi Timothy! Thanks for the great shot! Much appreciated. Still marveling at the memory of the spectacular outing! We are playing bridge with Jos and Pam tomorrow afternoon,a t Pam's palce. Looking forward to it as we've done it a number of times and it has always been loads of fun. Trust we'll see you both on Monday. Thanks again for snap. Cheers, Patrizzio!

We put up wind screening at the Lakeshore Tennis Club in the morning and played three sets of tennis, first time I might add, in the afternoon. We play again tomorrow. We will start to cycle shortly, as soon as the roads are swept, and yes, we will be hiking Monday. Cheers, Tim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment