Tuesday 1 March 2016

Red Carpet Turnip Puff Blues: Wednesday, March 2nd!

One does not advance the swimming abilities of ducks by throwing the eggs in the water. -Multatuli (pen name of Eduard Douwes Dekker), novelist (2 Mar 1820-1887)


Dear Patrick, Thanks for the update. Can’t sleep, too much chocolate and wine watching Super Tuesday, quite amazing that Trump is doing so well in the polls. Kind of frightening to think he might be the next President, but I am sure Hilary will be our first female President.

Working away here trying to fit into my many chapters the Gods as they time travel, passing through the Milky Way Galaxy where a door to a Giant Stargate Portal, a rotating black hole, teleports them at the speed of light through the vortel tunnel & out the other end of a white hole to the next century. And on and on…I like the idea that I have the Gods (Benson) time travelling through space on his divine white winged stallion Pegasus, adds dimension to the story.…..

We are going to see John Prine tomorrow at the Queen Elizabeth concert hall and of course a fine dinner out to celebrate. We always take the hounds to the beach in the morning that too is sublime. It is 2:30 better try and sleep, took three melatonin that should do the trick. Sweet dreams. Love, Jean


Hello Wifey! Jean's reply! Looks like she's writing SciFi! Please confirm your arrival time so that I can have the neighbours put out the red carpet and tailor my ride so that you have time to prepare dinner, vacuum, etc! Love, Your Besotted Hubby! Jean is in the stratosphere alright. Bus gets in at 6:20 See you then C Houston Calling! Why not take a Space Shuttle since you are an astronaut! That way you can join the Flatlanders for lunch and continue bopping from table to table! Fondestos to Nancita. Love, your Uxorious Hubby!

Hello to my Favourite Curler! Sorry I've not been in touch sooner. Glad you enjoyed the silly Valentine's card. You are far too, too kind and generous with your praise but your words are, of course, much appreciated! We miss you so hurry back! Enjoy the rest of your curling time. Once I have a bite of lunch I'm going to go for a ride. Not sure where but will decide once outside. Hoping to go on Al's snow-shoeing outing tomorrow. Will be my first time! Wish me luck. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi 'Trizzia! Thanks for the wonderful, wonderful update on Coffaro Land! Sorry I've not been in touch sooner. It took me this long to read your missive! Just kidding! Glad to hear you are "softening" your hard line stance on Banff! We live in Penticton, our friends, Lynne and Peter, are Naramatians. We have a lovely ten or fifteen minute walk, along Penticton Creek, (a salmon spawning habitat to boot!), to the tiny downtown core. Not quite as picturesque as the square in Healdsburg but pleasant enough, for many reasons. Okanagan Lake and beach promenade are but a few minutes beyond. Of course, one can drive to many other lovely beaches on the same and neighbouring lakes.

Can hardly wait to see your new roll-up door. I'm sure the vista is wonderful. Buona Fortuna with website and database. Great deal of time, effort and cursing, I'm sure! Put your heads down and finish your homework before you go out to play! Fondestos and to you, 'Trizzia, and Dapper Dave, Digital Developer Extraordinaire! Cheers, Patrizzio!

By the time I'd chorified, had a bite to eat and suited up, it was close to 1:30 pm. Day was sunny but blustery, wind out of the S, blowing at between 28 kph-30 kph so I didn't fancy bucking it for any distance. This being the case I opted to go for my LLAN, (Loopage of Local Area Network!), where any headwinds would be limited, at least by the distance I had to ride into them. Started out with PTC/Lakeside/Riverside and the side streets off the last artery. Then up Vancouver to do three loops of Middle and Upper Bench. Once back on Government I only had to do my route regulare along the lake before making for home. Not a particularly respectable AVG but I really wanted to stretch my legs as I'm planning to head up to Apex domani, with Big Al Tinka and the group he leads for some snow-shoeing there. Have yet to don my new snow-shoes so wish me luck! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1071007725#.VteJRWU5ric.email

Back home I busied myself getting dinner ready for Lady Dar. The bus was right on time and after I collected her we enjoyed our supper while watching episodes of Elementary and Wallender. Cora Lee had a lovely time in Vancouver but she was glad to be home.I was delighted to have her back, it goes without saying!


No comments:

Post a Comment