Tuesday 15 March 2016

Carters' Cooper's Hawk Blues: Monday, March 14th!

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001) 
 
 
 
Patrick James Dunn Hello Facebook acquaintances: It appears that many of you have been receiving Friend requests from me. I have not made any of these requests so please do whatever you wish regarding un-Friending me or anything else to protect yourselves from whatever the vile computer hackster might have done. Don't worry, I won't take any actions which you might feel necessary, personally! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello OFters, Photos from the hike up Mnt Mclellan in the White Lake Area.
Our exchange student Egehan did great, but ... was tired! Please click on the Flickr link below to view the photos, let me know if  you have any problems with it:
 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99264714@N02/albums/72157663624787313

“If I had a gun”
Photo: Nico189 / Nicola Laurora

Calligram

MEANING:
noun: A word, phrase, or piece of text arranged to form a picture of the subject described.

ETYMOLOGY:
From French calligramme, from Greek calli- (beautiful) + -gram (something written). Earliest documented use: 1923.
 
NOTES:
One of the best-known practitioners of the form was the French poet and writer Guillaume Apollinaire, whose work was published in the book Calligrammes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment