Saturday 23 January 2016

Workshop Window Blues: Friday, January 22nd!

All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography. -Federico Fellini, film director, and writer (20 Jan 1920-1993)


Didn't start working on the garage shelving until a about 11:00 am as I had to head to the dottore's for a follow-up discussion, the office having had my blood work results back. All seemingly well although my aging frame says otherwise! Did a bit of grocery shopping on way home and then had a delish brunch of overleft spaghetti and meatballs before joining The Dustman in the garage. He had cut and installed the three small shelves that we had decided we'd affix to the patio door end of the work table so when I joined the chain gang we worked at putting more of the finishing touches to the shelving we'd installed the day before. 

Garage is really starting to take shape so absolutely delighted about this, of course. Finally goin to have enough space to sort through the boxes that I've spent more time moving form one place to another and back! 

Hi Pat and Corine A belated happy new year to you both , and thank you for your pre Christmas epistle. I can't believe that it has taken me this long to reply, maybe I am slowing down !!!
 

Polly and I are well and enjoying our ever expanding family, the newest addition being Charlie James carter , born to Chris and Nicole on 30 November. He was born during our flight back from the UK and on arrival in Vancouver we opened our iPhone on the plane to find a picture of our first grandson, amazing technology. We hurried to children's hospital after dropping our bags at home to see the new arrival. All is well with them and Charlie is possibly the most photographed baby on the planet.

The other exciting news is that davey's wife Michelle is also pregnant and they are expecting a baby boy in June. ( we are hoping he arrives before our annual trip to sandy beach lodge the third week in June).
 

I just had cataract surgery in my left eye and now have 20/20 vision in that eye for the first time in my life. Amazing surgery but quite stressful. I am having the right done in February and then should be able to see without specs for the first time in over sixty years. My eyesight had deteriorated to the point where I was unsafe to drive at night. So now I will be able to see my golf balls sailing into the woods rather than just hearing them. Hope that you are finding life in penticton to your liking. Cheers "Mick the hearse" 

Hi Patrick, Diary and photos are great, you nearly had me in nirvana as i was reading! When you take me to Laels home on Thursday afternoon they have invited you and Corinne to stay for supper if you wish? Expect me about 12:30pm on Sunday 24th, dependong on weather. Cheers Tina PS We had 8cms snow yesterday, plus hail so it was a tad hard going.
Hi Patrice,  Kind of wondering if you guys are alright up there? haven’t heard from you in a while other than that you were dashing off to Kamloops. Are you back?.

just thought I should follow up on last email I sent (below) with an update.. unfortunately things did not turn out as we had hoped. Once we got a cat scan of Ollie's jaw that was giving him much trouble and made him unable to eat, it was discovered that some infection had gotten into his jaw area likely due to the scrap he had back in May with a racoon. this caused much of the bones in his jaw to literally have disappeared having been eaten away at and absorbed into his body. Unfortunately after realizing this surgery was not an option and we had to make the hard choice to have him put down last Monday night.

As I’m sure you can understand this was very traumatic for all concerned and left a big void in our lives for a while. We are coping well now and just thought I should update you after my more positive sounding email from before. Must run to work now but hope to catch up soon. fondesto’s Al


Patrizzzzzio, Your comments below the photos are hilarious! For those who haven't read them, go look at the photos again an enjoy. Cheers, Aarturo in the Valley of Heaven Nicely done Patrick! Thanks! Pam 

Patient name: Patrick Dunn You are overdue for a dental check-up and cleaning. Please give our office a call to book this appointment. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you! Please note we do not accept cancellations via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment