Sunday 3 January 2016

Cloudy And Chilly Okanagan Blues: Sunday, January 3rd!

Bare lists of words are found suggestive to an imaginative and excited mind. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882) 


Delish sleep-in until just after 8:00 am and then up to zap my java before cleaning the glass on the fireplace and then laying a fire for Lady Dar to keep her cosy and purring! 

Hello Birthday People! What a wonderful, wonderful and celebration of Jos's 65th! More than that, a telling, moving celebration of your obvious, deep love, affection, tender fondness and long standing understanding of and for each other. Terrific to meet Bodil and Vincenzzo, it goes without saying, and hope to see more of them in the not too, too distant future. I'm sending this album to you so that you can edit it, Guitar Man, to your exacting standards, etc., before sharing with other invitees. My first Flickr attempt so took me a bit of hit and miss to create album. Sorry for some of the out-of-focus snaps and poor camera angles, at times. Must have been the hootch! Thanks again, i nostri amici, from Lady Dar, and I, for including us in this glorious toast to life, love and friendship. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hello Kids! Trust you have recovered, somewhat, from terrific birthday bash! I sent along a Flickr album but here is the Pacasa one as well, just in case. I'll load originales on a memory stick and bring it along domani. We can have another party on the hike! Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Dearest Patricio (& Mdm Darrinno of course), This is really more than we could have hoped for! Thank you so, so much for this excellent show of photography. The few unsharper images in my opinion frame the dynamics of the party, and frankly, give an extra touch.  

So, send it out, PLEASE, no edits needed. There is one thing I actually woke up over last night and that is that I totally forgot in all the party turmoil to grab a camera and take pictures of you. I am very sorry about this, but felt a bit relieved when I saw someone else had done it, at least once. Lady Dar shines for you!

Who has arranged for us to meet such wonderful and meaningful friends like you? Was it serendipity or destiny? Thank you good friend, this alone is a wonderful gift.
il vostro amico Aarturo 

Hi Patricio, Both series are great, although the full screen and other options, I think, are a bit more professional in Flickr. One thing you may have to fix: There are a couple of great photos turned 90 degrees in flickr. Other than that .... perfecto!

I will probably be there tomorrow. Don't talk about the party too much please, because I had to make a choice of not inviting everybody. Just so that you know, because it was Jos' party, my criteria were ... invitee is a friend of Jos from tennis or hiking/snowshoeing or otherwise, or we as a couple socialize with the invitee(s) (meaning we have done things together outside of the group activities, i.e. growing personal friendship). I had to do this, otherwise we would have had many more, too many, people. This of course, does not take away from the fact that we feel quite close to the core of the OF's. Cheers, Aart


Dear friends, Wow, what a nice surprise last night, I am still in aftershock of the well organized invasion to my house, led by my wonderful husband and troubadour for 35 years. How much fun was it to see all my friends, heavy loaded with dishes and other surprises waiting outside, to be let in by the birthday girl who thought she was going out for dinner with her family.

Thank you dear snowshoe, ski ,hiking and biking friends. You made my day very memorable.This morning Aart and I sat down in front of the fire place to read your wishes and look at what was left on and under our salon table....lots of surprises. Your cards are " shining" on my chimney now and be assured that your presents will be enjoyed and cherished, each in it's own special way. Looking forward to many more adventures together, on and off the trail. For me last night was definitely .........The Real Deal........THANK YOU. Jos
 
P & C, Happy New Year. Thanks for your call on New Years. We have been meaning to return the call since but... We are planning to call you late this afternoon. Hope that works for you. All the best for 2016, G, J and Morita

Hi Patrick! Thanks for your long snuggly post Christmas email! I'm just catching up on my email and found your friendly posting. I was wondering about all the snow on my car when I unburied it yesterday! That was a lot of shovelling. It's nice to snuggle indoors on a snowy day with the occasional outing to shovel it. Nothing wrong with darjeeling tea and the odd snifter or two! It was nice seeing you and Corinne at Jos' party last night. And Corinne was at Oasis this morning.... You're not tempted to come to church on Sundays as well as Christmas eve?

I was opening up presents Christmas eve - that's when we do it (my parents were German). I had a nice long visit with my brother and sister-in-law (and her mother and their son). I was glad that I came back in time for Jos' party. That will be nice to have Corinne's parents here for a visit with your daughters. A month is quite the long visit! I hope it will be a happy time. Good for you for getting snowshoes! You can snowshoe up at Nickelplate cross-country skiing area. They have trails. Al usually goes for 2.5 hours on Thursdays but it means helping him break trail. 

I haven't gone snowshoeing this year yet. I have become a bit of a winter wimp, though I will be going on tomorrow's hike. I've gone cross country skiing once and will go again this coming Saturday. I'm slow but I enjoy getting up into the sunshine! I hope you and Corinne have a wonderful 2016 with much success and happiness! Will I'll see you tomorrow? All the best and thanks again for your email! Pam 

Sounds like you had a super time at the party..!  Lots of preparation and what a great place (Pentiction) to live.!  Loved the pictures attached to the email.. both of you look warm bundled up in those winter clothes..!!  You should know how that works coming from the prairies..!! I have only tried snow shoeing once at Grouse Mtn. and liked it but if the snow is deep, very hard work…  libations are necessary afterward!! 

Enjoyed new years eve at home with my Prosecco and cheese…  and was asleep by 12:15 a.m. !!!  Could have been the wine?? (was introduced to Prosecco a couple of months ago and am hooked!) Went for a short slip around the block today, and even though parts of the streets are melting, the ice is also a concern..  guess it’s the altitude here.. Yesterday I walked along Commercial Drive with friends from Oakland. We were freezing but invigorated..  had to stop for a wine and snacks, and then poked around some Boho type stores..  Liked being a tourist for a day..! Enjoy your snow shoes!   Hello to Cora Lee , Corrine or whatever name you decide! Cheers! JW  (will say hello to Merna and Bob for you!)


Hi Joan! Great to hear that you made it until just past midnight! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pat. The email address I have for Corrine is not working and I've lost your phone number. Please resend. I have a few questions for you guys plus would like to catch up. ✌Lynette 

Hi Lynette! Trust you are well. How did you spend the holidays? Anyway, must away to put another log on the fire, and more importantly, I need to finish the pint of Cannery Brewing, (our local pub), Paddles Up Pale Ale before I make a salad for dinner, along with the very tasty ham quiche Mme Coriandre made from what was left of the Boxing Day ham. Will dine in the Rumpus Room while watching the last episode of last season's Downton Abbey to remind ourselves what happened before the first episode of the final season airs tonight! On Chloë's suggestion we are also watching Jessica Jones!
 
Best wishes, for a Healthy New Year to you, Lynette, from both Mme Coriandre/Lady Darjeeling, and I, tending the fire and the keyboard. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks for all of that . Photos are most lovely!

Happy New Year to My favorite Pentictonites! Sounds like a lovely evening and fabulous walk. We had a great time at the valley first serving drinks and appies at our place and then heading to.the center to ring in the new year with friends neighbors and family. AL and I spent a few days btwn xmas and new year by ourselves and we're then joined by my sister the boys and Ollie who came up new years eve. New years day we all.donned our skates and twirled around the outdoor rink ....absolutely superb weather and day even at minus 12 we kept warm. 

New years day we attended a feast with 38 valley folk and gorged ourselves on 35lbs of prime rib ( there were 2 Left over) and 25 lbs fresh Alaska crab accompanied by baked potatoes with all the fixings Caesar salad Yorkshire and homemade creamed corn. Honestly amazing...Jesse assured us it was the best meal he had all year and that he didn't expect anything to top it the rest of the year lol 

We are back in Bby as of yesterday....AL has spent the whole day with his mother she is declining rapidly honestly don't know what we are going to do it is a nitemare. ...hope to get her in assisted living asap. My folks are in mazatlan for 2 weeks enjoying some sun. We hope to make it down there ourselves in Feb. ...why don't you come too? Trying to connect b6 phone but will wait til al gets back from Westside and attempt to call tonite perhaps. Miss you and hope to come up and see you soon. Lotsa love Marlilyn


P & C, Happy New Year. Thanks for your call on New Years. We have been meaning to return the call since but... We are planning to call you late this afternoon. Hope that works for you.  All the best for 2016, G, J and Morita

Hi Calamity, Giggster and Morita! Great to chat this evening! Trust Slingshot was catapulted onto ferry! Hurry on up! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment