Thursday 14 January 2016

Kamloops Connector Blues: Thursday, January 14th!

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists, who are dedicated to justice, peace, and brotherhood. The trailblazers in human, academic, scientific, and religious freedom have always been nonconformists. In any cause that concerns the progress of mankind, put your faith in the nonconformist! -Martin Luther King, Jr., civil-rights leader (15 Jan 1929-1968)


A man does not have to be an angel in order to be saint. -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (14 Jan 1875-1965)

Hi Kids! Must apologize for not replying sooner. No rest for the inhabitants of The Burns Street Gin Joint! Will be in touch as soon as I'm back and have caught my breath. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Sun Peaks People! Simply wonderful to see everyone today. Far too, too short, of course, but at least we had a terrific visit while the moments lasted! Thanks again, TNT, for the delish lunch. Fab food although the company was a tad disappointing!!!
 

Pretty straightforward drive home as highways were quite clear and only a few whisps of blowing snow/fog but nothing dense or prolonged. Not much traffic either so that made things much easier, of course. Home by just after 7:00 pm. Rosita and Dusty had enjoyed the day so all well on the home front. [Both send hellos and best wishes.] We had dinner shortly after we unloaded Costco groceries and then played a rubber of bridge. I'm off to bed to read, shortly, so just wanted to thank everyone again. Continue to enjoy the wonderful situation and take care of each other. Talk soon. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio. Pics: Lunch today and at appartmento!
Shakespearean invectives
Photo: Amazon

Hi Luvs, Jos & I are going to the Dream Cafe for Laura Smith on February 27th.
Would you care to join us? She is from Nova Scotia, sings folk ad has an absolutely incredible voice! Hope you will, let us know, we can make reservations. Kisses, Aart & Jos
 

Hi Patrice, Not to worry, hope you have a good trip and look forward to conversing when you get back!. Have some good news on the Ollie front so pleased with that. Talk soon, Al

Dear Patrick, It is nice to see you are so very much involved with your community and certainly keep busy. Every time I read your letters I find myself overwhelmed and exhausted from your energy level. Your energy level is quite amazing. You know my Mom is a Sagittarian with still a huge Amount of energy. As we are Sagittarians, the three of us are obsessive compulsive and Driven. Maybe Ukrainians are all driven as my friends are too. Very results orientated. This probably makes no sense just had a colonoscopy today, hugely tired.

I started my book in 2010 and stopped in 2013 perhaps because I lost my vision my confidence Now in 2016 I have started once again and have a clear focus of where it is going. Well not that clear as I am ageing and finding my mind is starting to become muddled. So the writing is good. The title “A God a Dog Searching for Happiness” Benson narrates I went right back to the beginning and started again. I must be crazy indeed but the process is intoxicating. That is what is beautiful about writing the process and you always give me inspiration to write. I am having fun and it does not matter how long it takes again creating is exhilarating.

You had mentioned coming to the island. We have visitors coming in February and the calendar is Starting to fill up so let us know what your plans are. Thank you for the photos, what an amazing world we live in Love, Jean


Hi Pat, Thanks for the picture. It's perfect. It will appear on the Stackettes part of the Scrapbook alongside one of Sheila Porter. I enjoyed the others as well, particularly the two of you hitting the slopes. Charming! I've never seen you with so many clothes on. Will stay in touch. Stompin'

Hey, Patrick, Did I read right..???? You're starting the hikes at 9 pm now???????? LOL  I'm off on another adventure to Panama with my BF on Saturday. :)))))) Will miss you guys and the hikes.... Love reading all your updates and notes and PICTURES!!! Adios from the Summerland gal Sharon

Hi Patrice,Not to worry, hope you have a good trip and look forward to conversing when you get back!. Have some good news on the Ollie front so pleased with that. Talk soon, Al

No comments:

Post a Comment