Sunday 17 January 2016

Garage Shelving Supervisor Football Blues: Sunday, January 17th!

 Life is like a ten-speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use. -Charles Schulz, cartoonist (1922-2000)


I called the Dream Cafe this morning and informed Pierre that we will be there 6:30pm (on February 27 for Laura Smith). Thank you for a lovely dinner last night. It was great meeting your "Real Deal" parents, Corrinne. Very impressive example of longevity & vitality! Cheers Aart & Jos

Hi Bridge Partner Extraordinaire and Aarturo, Kitchen Helper Superb!

Thanks for arranging reservations for Laura Smith. Looking forward to the evening. Glad you made it home to Summerland safely. Everyone here enjoyed the evening immensely so thank you both for coming. Thanks so much, as well, for the lovely bottle of wine and the wonderful Lemon Olive Oil/Wild Blueberry Balsamic. Lady Darjeeling and Rosita are much enamoured of balsamico, (as am I, of course), so they can hardly wait to try it on their salad!

Have just taken a break from working on the shelving in the garage. Dusty has cut the necessary pieces and I'm attaching them to the uprights. Need more material for next stage so will have to take a run to Rona later this afternoon.

Going to be a bit of a tight squeeze for hike tomorrow as I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30 pm. Can't afford to miss it as we are lucky to have someone to see us! Not sure if I mentioned it or not but we managed to find a doctor, Paul Cobbin, who would take new patients. I saw him just before we left for India, for a first visit interview. 


He told me to schedule a physical when we returned but when we called we were told he wouldn't be back for at least six months! Not sure what the cause is but Cora Lee had to go to a walk-in clinic a few weeks ago to have a prescription filled. When I called to see if there was anyone else in the practice was given an appointment with another doctor. Not sure if she is in practice or a locum/replacement until Paul returns. At any rate, I do want to hike but I'll have to make sure I'm back in time to have a quick shower and change. Hope to see you both domani. Cheers for now, Patrizzio!
 
Patricio, I may have asked you this but, if so, I've forgotten the answer. I'm trying to decide where to place the Stackettes' songs, etc. in the Scrapbook. I know we were doing stuff before the Koerner bash (1997); maybe you got us all together in 1996? Or was it even earlier. Think on it and drop me a line, OK?
Tomasso
 
Hi Tomassino! Sorry I've not been in touch sooner. Busy weekend building/installing shelving in garage. Absolutely wonderful to have Dusty, my 91 year old father-in-law here to tell me what to do. He is simply amazing and having the additional storage space will be wonderful. Once we finish the side of the garage next to our Rumpus Room we will work on the opposite wall. When that is complete, we will move outside to the back patio. We had a sliding door installed this past summer and need to build steps. Have been using four rounds of wood for temporary steps. A duplex is to be built next door and I was able to salvage a goodly amount of firewood from the three trees which were taken down to make way for construction. Then storage units for bikes. On and on and on!

If memory serves me well, I think we did at least one "quasi-pilot" at a Christmas Party in the old Staff Room in Main. I think you played piano and Sheila sang and the Sugar Plum Fairy danced but I think the Stackettes had yet to be "discovered" in '96'. My recollection is that our first "revue" was in Ridington to say goodbye to Main, Hello to Koerner. With the balloon "bazooms" I think I thought the name would be a fabulous tie-in with leaving the Main Stacks and having a "stacked" chorus line. At any rate, this is what I seem to be able to dredge up from the murky sands of time past. Not sure of all the material I passed along but there may well be copies of some email messages I, or others, sent out, publicity e-bites "announcing" the appearance of Stompin' Tom and The Stackettes! If you can find these, should I have saved them, [I tended to do so as it was easier to prepare for next gig, if there was to be one, by looking at what had been done before, etc.], the dates should be included. Hope this helps. Thanks again, truly, for all your incredible work.Fondestos and Cheers, Patrzzio!


Patrizzio, Thanks! I did notice however that all the photos from Jos' surprise party are ~350kb, which is very low. Is that the highest resolution? I checked your flickr series and the photos there are also max res some 350kb. From your camera the highest resolution photos should be some 5-7MB! Aart(uro)

No comments:

Post a Comment