Sunday 17 January 2016

Got Dem Ole Snowshovel Blues Agin': Saturday, January 16th:

Each man takes care that his neighbor shall not cheat him. But a day comes when he begins to care that he does not cheat his neighbor. Then all goes well -- he has changed his market-cart into a chariot of the sun. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882) 


Woke up to a find that it had snowed all night, probably somewhere between four to six inches so after I'd laid the fire I went outside to shovel. Snow was wonderfully fluffy so task was actually quite enjoyable and probably lasted at least two hours by the time I had done the back as well.

Patrick James Dunn I can see your Dad in you, Bob!

Came inside to enjoy some wonderful, buttermilk pancakes made by Rosita, together with some crispy bacon, prepared by Lady Darjeeling. Great way to work up an appetite for such terrific fare. After my filling brunch, Dusty and I repaired to the garage to continue working on the shelving he was helping me to erect there. Since there were a number of football games on he would pop his head into the garage, from the Rumpus Room to see how I was progressing with tasks he'd set and make sure I was on the right track!

Hi Patick, If, like me, you love a good IPA, here are five IPAs I've recently tasted, four of which you might enjoy this weekend. Click here for the skinny.
If you are looking for a brewery to visit this evening or maybe tomorrow check out Doan's Craft Beer Company on Powell Street and Four Winds Brewing in Delta. Have a great weekend. Cheers! The Beer Crafty Team.



Hi Patrick, I just saw that I misspelled your name on the previous email. 1,000 apologies. I have fixed it in our files. Cheers, Robert French Chief cook and bottle washer The Beer Crafty Team.

Hello OFiologists, Here are my pics of our Green Mountain Snow-Shoe of January 14, 2016. Fantastic day, stunning views .... my kind of terrain!
Please click following link, you know the routine:


https://www.flickr.com/photos/99264714@N02/albums/72157663551198666

For those who are not familiar with FLICKR: Click on the first photo (or any other) to get a bigger picture, you can then browse through all of them with the arrows. When you flip through the photos, you may see a page or 2 with a harmless advertisement, that you can simply flip through ... this is the way (the free version of) Flickr makes money. HOWEVER, if you go into "Full Screen Mode" by clicking on the 2 opposite arrows at the top right of the screen, you DO NOT GET THESE ADVERTISEMENTS. Press "Escape" to get out of "Full Screen Mode".

If you want to download click on the download arrow ikon on the far right bottom of the screen (you have to get out of "full screen mode" by pressing escape). This will give you an easy option to save the file at any resolution you wish. Also, if you wish, click on various symbols on the screen to explore other options. Enjoy! Cheers, Aart 

No comments:

Post a Comment