Tuesday 19 January 2016

Patio Steps More Garage Shelving Blues: Tuesday, January 19th!

If triangles had a God, he would have three sides. -Charles de Montesquieu, philosopher and writer (18 Jan 1689-1755)


Happy to jump out of bed at 7:15 am when the alarm went off as I had to hie myself to Okanagan Clinical Labs for blood work. Busy place as I was there just after 7:30 am waiting room was almost full! Still, didn't take too, too long and I had my blood taken, urine bottled and I was off, back home, to enjoy breaking my fast with a steaming mug of java! Once I was fed and watered, it was back into the garage to continue working on the shelving with The Dustman.






Straitlaced or straight-laced

MEANING:
adjective: Excessively strict, rigid, old-fashioned, or prudish.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Middle English streit (narrow), from Old French estreit, from Latin strictus, past particle of stringere (to bind, draw tight) + laqueus (noose). Earliest documented use: 1630.

USAGE:
“Aren’t they the rather dull, unimaginative, straitlaced characters who keep their noses constantly buried in rule books?”
Your Stars; The Gold Coast Bulletin (Southport, Australia); Oct 13, 2015.

[“Fashion before Ease - or - A good Constitution sacrificed for a Fantastick Form” Thomas Paine tightening Britannia’s laces Cartoon: James Gillray, 1793 (LOC)]                                       All went OK with your doctor's visit? Aarturo 







No comments:

Post a Comment