Thursday 12 May 2016

Inn at the Quay, Luxury, Sheer Luxury Blues: Thursdau, May 12th!

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf. -Rabindranath Tagore, Indian Poet (1861-1941)


Hello Macdonald Florists! Thanks so very much for the simply lovely card and anniversary wishes! Hard to believe that forty years have sped by, like a memory newsreel on fast forward, images flashing on the screen so quickly that one is gone before one can grasp it, try to catch it and understand it, only to be replaced by another, insisting on taking its place and on and on and on. You and John, Darling Jean, are most certainly well-fixed in our hearts and minds in spite of the whirlwinds of time, the differences in place. Warmest of warm love to you both, dearest of dear friends! Cheers, Cora Lee and Patrizzio! 

Hi Blonde Bombshell! I'm delighted that you take your nick-name as a compliment as it was meant to be one! Thank you, yet again, for your kind, kind words. I do want everyone to enjoy my silly scribblings, if they even choose to read them, as I do cherish the wonderful camaraderie the group shares so generously and shows to each other, let alone the breath-taking hikes! Of course, I take all sorts of liberties and exaggerate wildly, (It makes poking fun easier!), so I certainly do not expect the unfortunate, maligned subjects to feel that I'm telling the truth about either their character or their actions, although there is usually a kernel of fact buried somewhere, a starting point that allows me to embellish for comic effect.  

On the packing/travelling front, I didn't realize that you were off to The Prairies so shortly. I can only commiserate with you, regarding the packing and long drive ahead. We will be doing much the same, leaving for Winnipeg on June 9th, for two or three weeks. I too, like you, always hope/plan to be packed well-beforehand but it never seems to turn out that way. Per esempio, I'm must start gathering what I plan to take for this coming weekend once I finished this message and a few others! (Lady Darjeeling had her bag almost finished, last night, and I've yet to start!) I do hope you can be more disciplined and that we'll see you on Monday. If not, Bon Voyage. Travel safely and we'll see each other later this summer. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Dottore! Thank you, yet again, for your kind words. More impotantly, on the packing/travelling front, I'm not sure what your plans are but we won't be off until around 9:00 am so if it is convenient/necessary you could pop by to collect Josinta's reading glasses or we could leave them on the back patio. If you are still in Summerland give us a shout and we can plan accordingly. If we don't connect today, Bon Voyage. Travel safely and we'll see each other once everyone is back. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

good morning Patrick,we will be leaving at 9am also,and it would be great if I can catch my glasses before we leave. Hope it works! A grateful friend. Hello Bridge Fiend! We'll be here. Perhaps we can play three-handed bridge while Aarturo steams in the car! See you in an hour or so. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Orofino Pizza Delivery People! This is to let you know that we will be attending your spring pick-up party, along with close friends, Zoe and Matt. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Digitale and Fingare! (You decide who is whom!) Thanks so much for anniversary wishes. I knew it was highly unlikely you would be able to join us but one continues to live in hope!  Fondestos from Lady Dar, still abed! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Principessa! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the snaps! Thank you for your kind words. I gather that you will have to open a YAHOO account to download pics. Apparently this wasn't always the case. in any event, you might wish to consider doing so if interested in more pictures over coming hikes. I'm happy to send along the ones you requested but I simply won't be able to do so until we are back from Vancouver. Driving there this morning for weekend but back on Sunday so plan to hike on Monday. Hope we'll see each other on Monday. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Chuck and I will lead us on our next adventure: the trail that goes from Skaha Bluffs to Heritage Hills. If we do the whole thing, it would be a 5 hour hike, so we will probably go just beyond the first lovely viewpoint and then return. If you want to meet us at Skaha Bluffs we will be parking in the lower parking lot. Otherwise, we will be leaving Home Hardware in Penticton at 9am. Summerlanders can carpool from the IGA parking lot at 8:40 am. Pam

Dear Pat and Corinne, Happy, 40th wedding anniversary Saturday. I would have loved to be part of your special celebration and will miss being on George's arm. I will toast your health and happiness in Ontario. I wish you another 40 marvellous years! Have a lovely day with your friends and family. I am at the airport bound for London to see my parents, pals and attend my elementary school reunion. Look forward to our next visit!  Lots of love to you both! Jane xo 

Left Home just after 11:00 am to have a most pleasant drive into New Westminster. Last October, at Chloë's fund raiser for Aunt Leah's, Cora Lee had bid on the stay, at Inn on the Quay, as part of the Silent Auction, and won the offering. Simply fabulous overnight stay and a wonderful meal, that evening, at Wild Rice, just down the boardwalk. Of course, we took plenty of hootch so a good time was had! We started with a 2015 Black Widow Sparkling Rosé, 14.5% in our 5th floor balcony, before dinner and then a 2014, (We think!), Moraine Syrah with dinner and then a 2013 8th Generation Syrah, 13.2%, back in our love nest to make everything blend in! Quite frankly, I barely remember brushing my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment