Saturday 1 October 2016

Day 17, Post-Op Newton Dehydrator Blues: Saturday, October 1st!

Compassion is the basis of morality. -Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788-1860) 


Hi Swifter Woman! I'll have to start calling you Mrs Doubtfire! I gather you will be en-route to Edmonton by now. Next stage of the journey.

Yesterday, friend, Peter, from Naramata, brought me a wine box of Newton apples. He still has a number of fruit trees on their property, (It was a mixed orchard when they bought it.), although most of it is now planted with Syrah. At any rate, first thing, once up, this morning, I washed the apples and cored two basins of the fruit. Lady Dar peeled them and I sliced them to get them ready for the dehydrator. Filled all nine trays, (full capacity for our model), and have the fruit dehydating away. Estimate it will take somewhere between 7 and 10 hours before they are ready. Garage smells lovely, somewhat like mulled wine of a winter's night!

Louise and Henryk, couple who house-sat last year when we were traveling in India will pop by this afternoon to collect a number of things they left last December, household items they didn't wish to take with them to their place in Sun City, almost your neighbours! They are close friends of Lady Dar's sister, in Winnipeg, but want to buy a place here in the Okanagan. This year they brought out their trailer and have it in Peachland so that they can live there while searching for property.

Later this afternoon, around 3:45 pm we have appointments to see two view properties in Naramata. Lady Dar has fallen in love with them! I have only seen online pictures, from listings, but I still feel I want to live closer to town. Other things being equal, that is far more important to me than a view. One needs to drive for each and every errand when living in Naramata and as we age that becomes a significant issue. At any rate, I'm still curious to inspect the places. Who knows?

Must away as I need to tidy myself up a bit. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Newtons before being washed and after! Window cats and then on front steps with neighbour's cat!


En route!! Waiting for ferry at Duke Pt heading for Tsawwassen. First stop I think Kamloops. Will be relatively late for us, about 8:30pm. Had hoped to get 12:45 ferry and make it to Merritt. No such luck. Tenants are lovely people. Came at 10 to 11. It was a lot of work to ready the place. Just made it. Frank was very helpful, washed all windows in & out, vacuumed, dusted organized the garage. Cheers to you both!! Maggie & Frank👍����

Hello Ferry Folk! Glad all went well with tenants and you are on the road, if later than hoped for. Cheers, Patrizzio! No message! Arrived safe & sound. Sunny, 13C. No wind. Green grass. Beautiful fall day! Nice to have no responsibilities now!! M The journey continues! Onward! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

 
It is too bad that Corrigan's were away when you stayed at their bed and breakfast. Seeing them here reminded what an enjoyable couple they are. They have closed the bed and breakfast to do more travelling... by exchanging houses a month at a time. You always have such a newsy email that I feel defeated before I even start to respond.
 

We are getting most of our laughs from our grandson and I imagine reporting those would produce too many yawns. If I report on the building of my sister's new house, I run the risk of putting you further to sleep. My workouts at the Y are not worth mentioning either as they are so short as to be negligible . (It is fun to take Kian to the play gym though. ). The rain must be getting to me...

Hello Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head Woman! Lady Dar should live with you as she desperately wants younger grandchildren. Alejandro, the youngest, 23, is to be married, this July, in LA! She shares a similar lack of enthusiasm for exercise as well! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Wow. You should become a writer.....I could never even imagine having anywhere near that amount of time to write, even though I'm still basically laid up. I get an email every 15 minutes on average, which I need to respond to (still being in business).
 
My knee is still so swollen and stiff, I am unable to bend it anymore than I could when I was discharged. Hence, I drove to the airport last night (automatic transmission) and had my seat changed for next tuesday's flight. They gave me a bulkhead row with double leg room. Hopefully, the Nicaragua sunshine will bend that knee......if not, I will start having to bend my elbow instead and then force it more! So, the hobbit houses will be worked on and hopefully you'll have a place to visit soon Brad J

Hi Brad! Sorry to hear that your knee is still very swollen and stiff. Had a message from Christian, of the double-hip replacement, and he is already walking with two canes so hips are definitely far easier to recover from than knees! Hope weather in Nicaragua will contribute to a speedier, full recovery. Glad you were able to change your seat. [You can read this message on next week's flight!] Buona Fortuna with Hobbit Houses! Best wishes on your recovery, Brad, from Lady Dar. All the best and Cheers, Patrizzio!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment