Tuesday 4 October 2016

Day 20, Post-Op Lower Your Ears Blues: Tuesday, October 4th!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity. -Thomas Wolfe, novelist (3 Oct 1900-1938)


Hello dear Bridge friends I don't know of Pam W. Is back and able to play tonight. Spumoni is not, and my Summerland ladies are not available tonight.
Any suggestions from your side? Please advise. Cheers, Jos
Hi Josinta!
Have you tried Michaelo? I know he is interested if available. Pamela is still in The Maritimes. Talk later. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Yes, thanks, I will join you tonight. Mike Thanks Patrick, I thought Mike was out of town, but he can play tonight. 6.30pm tonight me, you, Corinne and Mike. Have a good day, and expect nice door prizes. Jos Hi Josinta! Door prizes AND bridge prizes! I can hardly wait! Cheers, Patrizzio! AND...save a little spot for a piece of Zwiebelkuchen and a glass of Federweizen😂 Jos

I noticed some nice hills north of the road between Liquidity winery and Blue Mountain winery, behind Okanagan Falls, so that is where we will go for Thanksgiving Monday. Aart and Kilian with make sure we don't get lost. The slow farts can come too! So once again we will meet at Home Hardware in Penticton at 9am. Summerlanders can carpool from the IGA parking lot at 8:40. Pam

Hi Patrizio! Thanks for all the updates. Enjoyable as always. We will have to stop by that new winery Kanazawa when we’re in those parts. Doesn’t sound like it’s too far from Chaberton Estate Winery, where Susan makes me go to every few months to stock up on her whites. Also, the Bradner Turkey place doesn’t sound like it’s too far from Glen Valley Organics Farm on Bradner Rd. in Langley where Jeremy has been for 10 years. He used to have his own site (Pitchfork Organic Farms) attached to the farm but alas it is now off line.

Most importantly, you folk are more than welcome to stay the night on the 3rd or whenever. I am sure Marnie will still be living away until at least the end of Nov? I will even buy some fairly good scotch to celebrate your stay in East Vancouver. As for the photos, too many cat pictures, however knowing how Marnie has had a tough time separated from her tuxedo, I can understand how attached one can become to these felines. For me they just make me sneeze. Look forward to hearing from you and getting together here! We do still have it on our radar to visit you folk, especially since you are so close to all those wineries out there! 


Finally, yes we are still in the travel business and look forward to assisting you again with any travel needs. BTW, we have 23 lucky clients going with us to Phuket in Feb. Charlie

Hi again,Champagne! Just to clarify, Kanazawa is just up the road from us, not in the Lower Mainland. Thanks again for offering us food and shelter and bridge and hootch! Unless Lady Dar has another agenda, I think the night of November 3rd would be wonderful but I'll need to confirm and let you know. Lady Dar is off running errands now so I'm on deck to show Gil Szabo, our real estate agent, our place so that he can suggest what we might get for our place now. Part of Lady Dar's property with a view shuffle but simply my Why Move Blues! Haven't yet decided if we are off to Europe in March or April or go for a longer road-trip in January/February to Florida after Tinsel Town. If former, we may be calling! Off to bridge with a view this evening in Summerland. Cheers, Patrizzio! That’s super – we’ll pencil you in for Nov 3. CC


Hello Pentictonians and Okanaganians, the plan has hit a snag as we won't be on the mainland on that weekend as I thought, but the previous one. Choochooranian figures she will have accrued enough miles this year crossing the country, flying to LA to see Adele, going to Whistler for a girls outing, flying to SFO to cheer me up as I'll have to attend multiple translation workshops to keep my continuing education status, and going to an exclusive wedding on Nov 12 in Vancouver. If that is the life on the West Coast, I can't imagine how we'll cope with retirement. We'll skip that part all together. If it were only for the kittens, we'd already be at your door. 

Hello Brunello and Choocheranian! Sorry to hear that you won't be visiting. Etta and Duke are simply devastated! Too, too depressed, once I relayed message, to even get out of bed! 

Walked downtown just before 11:00 am to see Mark the Barber for a haircut. My hip felt fine so no complaints. Lady Dar was busy moving furniture when I returned. Constantly shifting interior design. Felines are perplexed but I'm used to it! Cheers, Patrizzio! We'll have to try the food served at the Bench Market. 
Etta and Duke don't know how lucky they are. In the other Canada (Montreal, PQ), cats are no longer allowed to roam outside of their owner's property. 

Hi St Kilian! From some of the hike photos I've seen, gather you are back. Enjoyed a couple of your snaps from Peggy's Cove. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Oh our dearest Patriccio, It is sooo good to hear from you and once again; you are my Hero!! Only YOU can undergo what you have just shared and still enjoy life and people, having the fun you did! BRAVO! BRAVO!
 

I'm excited to get home for this weekend in time to make and enjoy our traditional, make from scratch Thanksgiving dinner to enjoy with our U of V student son Cody,who will fly in Penticton on Friday am early enabling him to spend three full days with us and his friends before we drive him back Monday. Craig took Friday and Tuesday off so we could have a fantastic family time and to give me a chance to see and visit Cody's res.house (which he shares with three other guys; one from Sweden, Belgium and the last one from Germany. Also I will tour the campus etc and do some visiting with Michael, Joy and family (Craig's cousin Mike), who live just 1/2 hr. drive outside Victoria. 

A couple of my Alberta girlfriends fly into Kelowna early on Oct. 14th to spend five days celebrating our almost 50 years of being best friends. On Nov.18th, Craig and I leave for Peru returning on Dec.11th, then the annual Christmas/New Years Edmonton visit and home sometimes in January.
I miss all of you and will hook up ASAP with my Bridge and hiking families. I can't wait to see and visit everyone.  Meanwhile I'm enjoying the beautiful fall days with my brother, Bob and his loving other half Debbie in Caroline Alberta. I'll be home in a few days. Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you lovely people and get well!!!!


Buonasera Three Bottles of Wine Bidders! Thanks so much for the fabulous, fabulous Zwiebelkuchen, not to mention the  Federweizen, Josinta, and Sauvignon Blanc, Michaelo. Again, nothing but severe criticism of the hostess for manipulating the cards so as to achieve the night's  highest score! Still, the truly remarkable bridge prizes took some of the nasty sting out of the fact that I was dealt nothing but inordinately poor hands all evening. Nevertheless, a grand, grand evening so thanks, to one and all, for the generous hospitality and jolly companionship. Next week at Burns Street but, given everyone's busy schedules, let's confer beforehand. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Indeed the wonderful evening thanks to our hostess, and obviously all amazing partners. And Patrick, stop complaining, it was your fault anyway I didn't go with the ace (however my Jack took a trick anyway ). Cheers. Mike PS I am in Calgary the whole week, so I would love to joining you next week, but I doubt I will be back on time.
Hello Perth! As of this writing, I am more than delighted to say that I underwent a very, very successful and almost completely pain-free hip replacement. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Luxury Suite and Bridge Reservation on November 3rd!That’s super – we’ll pencil you in for Nov 3. CC Hi Champagne! Thanks for hosting. Not quite sure when we'll arrive, but will know more closer to date, so will certainly let you know. I assume, some time in mid-to-late afternoon on that Thursday. Lady Dar is out walking with The Flatlanders so just me and the rambunctious felines. Fondestos to O Susannah! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge last night in Summerland!

We'll have to try the food served at the Bench Market. Etta and Duke don't know how lucky they are. In the other Canada (Montreal, PQ), cats are no longer allowed to roam outside of their owner's property. Hi Brunello! They don't know how lucky they are, full stop! At the moment the feral felines are roaring around the back patio until they need to rest, then collapse to sun themselves! Nice life! Fondestos to Chooch! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Full Tilt Olga Polga! Thanks for lovely compliments! Do you ever stop, whether travelling or being at home! Thanksgiving weekend sounds busy but wonderful, indeed. Happy Thanksgiving, my Darling, to you and all your family and friends. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Duke and Etta waiting for us to come home from bridge. 

Hi Patrizzio! So were those the bridge prizes and who is giving them out now? Weren’t ours the best? They’re piling up here again so will have lots of prizes to give to you and your Lady. Charlie Hi again, Champagne! A few months ago, I introduced "bridge prizes" and it has taken off like wildfire! Josinta hosted this time so she decided picture frames were the night's prizes. I plan to print some snaps of various games and use the frames, then give them back! However, I agree, your prizes were the best simply because some of them were wonderful but some of them simply uproariously funny due to the tackiness factor! Can hardly wait to see what's in store! Cheers, Patrizzio!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment