Wednesday 5 October 2016

Day 21, Post-Op Time for Physio Blues: Wednesday, October 5th!

Wandering in a vast forest at night, I have only a faint light to guide me. A stranger appears and says to me: 'My friend, you should blow out your candle in order to find your way more clearly.' The stranger is a theologian. -Denis Diderot, philosopher (5 Oct 1713-1784) 


Yes P.Dunn I will drive you...  on 22Oct , Sat. ..Thanks for the PICS...Did you save the invite?? If so might you forward, so I can reforward..??? DBJS

Hi Jake! Glad you enjoyed the snaps. Thanks for being the chauffeur! Let me know what time I should be ready to hit the road. As soon as I send this I'll forward invitation. I gather the event will take place at the Mekong Restaurant, originally serving Vietnamese food. Sounds like a great place. Fondestos to Vittoria. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge last night in Summerland!  


Hi Erika! Thanks for best wishes on my recovery. Fondestos from Lady Dar! Happy Thanksgiving, my Darling Amica, to you and Amy. [How is she enjoying university?] Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Cat Lovers Everywhere! Had a call from Steve, at Coastal, this morning, and we had a great chat. I told him we'd put together rest of the case you've started, Chloë, this weekend. Haven't heard from the React program yet as my doctor, his cousin, Paul, just faxed application to the administrator this morning!

Fondestos from Lady Dar, in absentia, out walking/luncheoning with The Flatlanders so just me and the rambunctious felines, roaring around the back patio until they need to rest, then collapsing to sun themselves! Nice life! Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio!

Hi Derek and Gayle! Trust you are both well. Please send a case of home preserves! Those tomatoes looked fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving dear friends! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Andrew! I do apologize for not replying sooner but I've been busy trying to recover from surgery. I do appreciate you asking me to join the Dram Committee but living in Penticton I suspect will make it difficult to participate fully. If we still lived in Vancouver I'd jump at the opportunity. As it is, disappointed to relate that I decided, after much soul-searching, that I will not volunteer at the VWF this year. I had already been assigned my shifts, selling tickets at Studio 1398, so that I could sit down for duration of each shift. I'm hoping to begin my physio next week and leaving town for ten days or so will interrupt that process. As I'm sure you understand, I really do wish to concentrate on becoming as mobile as possible before we head to Tinsel Town for Christmas.

Not sure if you have approached Paul Whitney or whether he is already too, too busy with VWF. He would be terrific and we've enjoyed a number of wonderful tastings at each others' places over the years. Another close friend, Wayne Sutherland, has been to Dram with me, and is very interested in and knowledgeable about malt, so I'd be happy to ask him, should you still need someone. Just let me know. Trust all goes swimmingly with coming Festival. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Paul and Wayne at this year's Dram.

Hello Barolo People! Trust you are both well and enjoying what I'm sure has and is a wonderful holiday. Thanks for best wishes. Travel safely. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family dear friends! Cheers, Patrizzio!

When do you guys arrive. Are you still planning to stay at our place. We are going to Seattle for the weekend of the 17th. We are also in Osoyoos for the following weekend and Bradley has moved to Alberta. Wayne Hi Sarge!
Thanks for offer to stay. I had assumed Lady Dar had been in touch. I decided that I will not volunteer at the VWF this year.Fondestos from Lady Da! Happy Thanksgiving, to you and Flamin', Sarge, and rest of family. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Glad to hear that you are felling well and on the mend. When we are up we will drop in to see you. Michelle and JT are of to Vegas for the weekend so doing doing Thanksgiving for the kids myself. Wayne. 
Hi Turkey Baster-Boy! Guess you'll be busy feeding the hordes! Our gathering will not be quite as large as Peter is in Madagascar, same project as last year when he was there before we went to India, and Lynne will be in Vancouver. Not sure if Krissy will be coming up with Chloë or not. She and Mark have now officially separated as she moved out a week or so ago. Don't know much else so will probably find out more when Chloë arrives. Does Bradley have any work in Alberta? Tough times for him, both emotionally and financially. Hope things will work out for him.
Earlier in the week Dusty had to be taken to hospital in St Anne, near Steinbach, as he had fluid on his lungs, and other related problems. Ayn called this evening after talking to Clara and he is now doing extremely well so will probably be home for weekend. At one point, we thought we might have to fly back to Winnipeg! Anyway, Rosita seems to be doing very well under such stressful circumstances. Fortunately, George and Pam are able to help.

On another matter, not sure if you might be interested but I was asked to be on the Dram Committee for next year. Living here I said it probably wouldn't work. Suggested I'd ask you to see what you might think. Not sure if this will happen but wonder how you feel. May come to nothing but let me know, one way or another, just in case.

Fondestos to you and all the gang. Give everyone our best wishes. We might even give you a shout as we open remaining bottles of your Orofino! We are having our dinner on Sunday. What about you? All the best, Sarge. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi D, Oh my baby cats, I miss them!!! Can't wait for kitten cuddles and fetch on Friday!!!! I'll aim to leave between noon and one, so if you can send me a Costco list I'll go on my way out of town. Love you 

Hello The Sisterhood! Guess everyone will soon be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. Fondestos to one and all! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Sleepy kittens!

Hello Kenton! Trust everyone is well. I sent this a few weeks ago and just had it bounce back. Is this the correct address or should it be something else.
Fondestos from Lady Dar, to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment